anyone have a bad experience buying caddy parts on E-Bay
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, anyone have a bad experience buying caddy parts on E-Bay in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hi all, i purchased what was advertised as 77-79 abs rear bumper fillers for a 79 deville from e-bay. by ...
    newside is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 fleetwood, 1979 deville, 1992 eldorado

anyone have a bad experience buying caddy parts on E-Bay

hi all, i purchased what was advertised as 77-79 abs rear bumper fillers for a 79 deville from e-bay. by the time i got the car out of storage i realized the fillers were for 80-92 devilles and the refund period had expired. I e-mailed the guy and explained to him that weather conditions up here in the north keep our cars in storage alittle longer than florida. i sent him a pic of the fillers he sent me and a pic of the correct fillers for the 77-79, it was obvious they were the wrong ones. I also pointed out to him that the part number on the fillers he sent me indicate that they were for the 80-92 devilles. He offered to take them back at 50%. anyone else ever get parts wrongly advertised on e-bay? If i don't get satisfaction i'll be sellimg them on this site. thanks for reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

lacville78 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 77 Cadillac CDV

Re: anyone have a bad experience buying caddy parts on E-Bay

Sorry to hear about that. Please post the Ebay ID, so that none of us have to deal with that guy.

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

I've never had any issues whatsoever on eBay. Always double check what you're buying, make sure it is for your car and not another model. It's not his fault, he went by what was stamped on written on the fillers, perhaps a manufacturers defect and wasn't caught. And your part to blame to, how can you mistake fillers for an 80-92 to those on 77-79. It has differences. But on the bright side, you can make your money back easily here. How much, my 78 needs them.

1980coupe, i must have written my post wrong. the fillers i needed were for a 79 deville, the fillers he sent were for 80-92. the stampings on them were CA8R which indicate 80-92. as far as knowing the differences in the two fillers, my car was surrounded by boats and other cars so climbing over other peoples stuff was kind of not an option,and unless i could compare the two together i would not have known the difference. When a man who sells caddy parts tells me what the merchandice is i take his word for it. Guess i was wrong

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

They wont' fit your 78. THey're for an 80-92

deVille33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1977 Coupe (blue), 1977 Coupe (yellow), 1977 Coupe (green)

I had this same problem a long time back before they offered insurance and found I was just SOL on the issue. I still have the fillers. One more reason I no longer use Ebay.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

always buyer beware ... it sucks but this one is on you ... there is only so much that ebay and/or paypal can do
    and they do offer those dispute periods where they almost always side with the buyer - i know because i was scammed by a buyer once when i was selling some NOS we had here
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

i hear you guys on this. I know i'm going to get it in the shorts on this but, the guy shouldn't walk away clean.I went to the page he had the fillers listed and it's been taken down very recently.It seems money doesn't talk at e-bay it screams.it's too bad some peoples word isn't much nowdays. My e-bay days are done. Hey deville 33 what years were they?

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Open a dispute on ebay.

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
    He prob had them listed wrong and until you complained didn't know. If the time has expired you're probably sol . did you check his reviews first?
    Recently returned a window switch that was non functional still waiting on refund. I have opened a couple cases from slow refunds. I have also screwed myself by not triple checking the listing/application and reviews close enough. For all the $$ I have saved over the years not going to stop using eBay anytime soon.

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

you know, now that I recall, there was once an incident where I purchased a CD- nothing car parts related but still a transaction on eBay and a lot of time went by and heard nothing. Turns out the seller had passed away and I was refunded my purchase price thru paypal. It took sometime but the money was there again.

outsider- oops, my mistake. LOL.

the guy had a 99% rating. I didn't mind paying a restocking fee but, 50% was alittle much. I've dealt with some funny characters and have been going to junk yards for 40 yrs and haven't really experienced this e-bay trip. i have a friend who has a salvage yard with over 4000 old cars and he doesn't do business like that. Anyway, they are for sale or trade.give me a shout

deVille33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1977 Coupe (blue), 1977 Coupe (yellow), 1977 Coupe (green)

Quote Originally Posted by newside View Post
    i hear you guys on this. I know i'm going to get it in the shorts on this but, the guy shouldn't walk away clean.I went to the page he had the fillers listed and it's been taken down very recently.It seems money doesn't talk at e-bay it screams.it's too bad some peoples word isn't much nowdays. My e-bay days are done. Hey deville 33 what years were they?
    I believe they were for an early 80's Sedan or coupe.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

You're 100% covered on ebay if the guy sent you the wrong item. Just file a claim. Not with paypal, with ebay.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Any problems i've had with ebay are very rare and usually corrected by the seller or ebay when you go thru the dispute process. In this case the seller should either send you the right part or give you a whole refund since he obviously sent the wrong part. Big question is how long have you had them?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.