Climate Control Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By turbojimmy
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Climate Control Question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am new here & to Cadillac's in general. I am experiencing an issue with the Climate Control in my ...
    Limo Keith is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood (60" Stretch Limo)

Climate Control Question

I am new here & to Cadillac's in general. I am experiencing an issue with the Climate Control in my 1994 Fleetwood. The A/C works just fine, when I increase the temperature to "heat" the vents seem to get shut off. I can still hear the fan motor running but it seems like their is something that is not opening to allow warm air in. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Any suggestions as to what may be the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vicello93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1979 sedan deville
    Maybe it switches from the vents to the bottom vent , my car does the same, might be because of the outside temperature , the ac won't slow hot air to blow out of the upper vents only the ones on the bottom by your feet.

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Climate Control Question

Welcome
    I believe these rides have some A/C related quirks , I know our Fleetwoods either don't blow warm air from the vents or cold air from the vents .Sorry, I can't provide you an exact answer because it's been a long time since I last drove our beast in summer .
    In a nutshell, what you described as a problem may not be a real issue , the very design issue how A/C works in these cool cars .

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

your car only blows heat out of the top and bottom vents and a/c out the front vents...thats how it is, its not broken, i know its stupid but thats how cadillac done the fleetwoods

if you want heat to come out of the front vents, I suggest you get a climate control headunit out of a buick roadmaster, thats what I did, plugs right in you just have to modify the mounting brackets which is really easy

Wow, so that is all the heat that I am going to get?!? I live in northern Indiana & will need a lot more heat than what I am currently getting come winter. What year/s of the Roadmaster will switch out for my 1994 Cadillac climate control headunit & where is the "headunit" located so I can switch this thing out?
    Thanks,

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by Limo Keith
    Wow, so that is all the heat that I am going to get?!? I live in northern Indiana & will need a lot more heat than what I am currently getting come winter. What year/s of the Roadmaster will switch out for my 1994 Cadillac climate control headunit & where is the "headunit" located so I can switch this thing out?
    Thanks,
    You swap out the control head in the dash (either above or below the radio)
    As for what will swap, 1994-96 will work for sure, and most likely 91-93 will work as well.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

91-93 will not work, it is larger with four idiot lights built in on the bottom.

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

check my thread right here, page 19 midway down and page 20 shows you what you need to do.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...k-your-19.html

and if the heat currently coming out the top and bottom vents now is not hot, you may want to flush the heater core.

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

I've had a '96 and now have a '94. I've always been surprised at the lack of volume of air coming out of the vents when the blower is on high. The A/C barely keeps up, but the heat seems to do okay despite it feeling like not much is coming out.

I put a Roadmaster control unit in my '94 and it does allow you to make the heat come out wherever you want it. Even though some people like it blowing in their face, the best place for it really is the floor and a little out the top like the Fleetwood control unit does.

Here's my Roadmaster unit. I put the Caddy buttons in it:

Who built your stretch? Mine's a Federal....love it.
    Cadillacboy and Cadillacboy like this.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Turbojimm - My stretch was done by American Custom Coach Works. It was a crazy idea that I have had for a while now. I have 5 kids & just thought that a Limo would be the coolest family car ever! The wife & I can sit up front & have a normal conversation & still let the kids listen to the radio & just be kids without constintantly trying to quite them down. We have only had it a month or so but so far, we love it!

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Keith View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the help!

Turbojimm - My stretch was done by American Custom Coach Works. It was a crazy idea that I have had for a while now. I have 5 kids & just thought that a Limo would be the coolest family car ever! The wife & I can sit up front & have a normal conversation & still let the kids listen to the radio & just be kids without constintantly trying to quite them down. We have only had it a month or so but so far, we love it!
    That's why I bought mine. Best thing I ever did was put a decent A/V system back there. They can plug in their iThings, watch movies, play Xbox - whatever. I put up the partition and enjoy the ride. The only thing I haven't done yet is put in a lock-out for the rear partition controls. I need to lock it like you can the rear window switches.

Just be careful in the snow. With no ABS or traction control and an open rear they're not any fun in the inclement weather. Actually I just got home from throwing the back end of mine around in the rain.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.