Re: Just joined
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Re: Just joined in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi people... I have a 1980 coupe deville I think... Had it about twelve years and have never got round ...
    BELLS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): coupe deville

Hi people... I have a 1980 coupe deville I think... Had it about twelve years and have never got round to getting it on the road.. It won a lot of shows before I got hold of it and its only done 17,000 miles... I start it every four or five months and because of the Scottish weather I'm sad to say its pretty much an 18ft plant pot.. I just keep waiting till I've got enough money to restore it properly before I use it.. Like most people when I've got the money my kids have always got a birthday or Christmas....Anyway I've tried for ages to find out exactly what model it is and have looked through loads of Cadillac pics and websites and cant find one... I've found a few that I thought were the same but it always seems that my rear window is a lot smaller.. I've spent the last two hours looking through pics on this site but just the same result....if someone could let me know what model to buy parts for... Well if you've read all that and you can help then please reply...
    If you own one of the amazing cars I've seen on here then go easy on me for just letting it grow roots.....I had to take the front seats out because of all the grass growing on the carpets....

Thanks guys
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    The rear window is the full size rear window as opposed to the optional opera window (which was standard on broughams if I remmeber correctly)

jayoldschool is online now GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

That car is going to be rusted out if you don't get it out of there.

SafariOne is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1981Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance Coupe m

It is kind of sad to see the old girl in the weeds but it still has good bones to work with. I'm surprised the diesel will still fire up with the old fuel in her. When you do get started the parts will be quite easy to find with all the help on this sire. The shipping is always an added expense as well. Make it an project to pass on to your kids.

Robin Banx is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Fleetwood Brougham

From show winner to parts car in 12 easy years.....................kinda brings tears to one's eyes.

R.

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

This sick coupe deserves better days

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

The old beauty queen ain't going to be winning any more trophies. It does look like it could be saved easy enough.

I'd like to know how the carpet grew grass....either the windows were down/ leak like crazy, or the floor is gone.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    I bet if you fill the tires and moved it out that spot, you'd get some inspiration to start working on it. Maybe push some new plywood under it every couple of years to block the weeds. Might be the cheapest way to keep the roots from growing under it. Maybe find another coupe and use that one as parts.

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

That's a regular coupe deville...
    Cadillac kevin- rear window or side windows? When the side windows are smaller then its the brougham coupe, when the rear window is a full size window but its covered by the vinyl top, when the car has a vinyl delete, you'll see the full size of it..
    The one pictured has a diesel engine. That side emblem on the front fender is where the emblem goes..has the same interior as mine, antique saddle, color code 603...

Quote Originally Posted by 1980coupe
    That's a regular coupe deville...
    Cadillac kevin- rear window or side windows? When the side windows are smaller then its the brougham coupe, when the rear window is a full size window but its covered by the vinyl top, when the car has a vinyl delete, you'll see the full size of it..
    The one pictured has a diesel engine. That side emblem on the front fender is where the emblem goes..has the same interior as mine, antique saddle, color code 603...
    Rear window.....it's not 100% size (has maybe an inch or 2 each side covered by the vinyl top), but it seems alot harder to find (at least around here) than the opera window.

YoshiMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville D'Elegance

So long as the undercarriage is in good shape and not totally rotted out, that car will probably clean up quite nicely. Does it still have the Diesel engine?

Don't know about the undercarriage, inside of car has grass growing on carpet, probably floorboards are gone...
    I got dibs on the grille..

----------

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Rear window.....it's not 100% size (has maybe an inch or 2 each side covered by the vinyl top), but it seems alot harder to find (at least around here) than the opera window.
    Yeah, on fleetwoods the rear window is smaller due to the thicker/wider frame around the perimeter. So the rear windows on coupes with small vinyl edges are harder to find??? Guess it makes sense, you can put a brougham window on the coupe but it'll have black edges due to the vinyl extending more onto the window than the ones found on the coupes...I was lucky to find the same rear window on my then 80 brougham coupe and with defrost...

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

It looks like it was a nice car at one point. Things don't look very promising with it sinking into the ground like that

My old brougham coupe was like that. It took the tow truck a while to get it out on flat tires, once on level ground, surprisingly they held air.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.