Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Re: Just joined

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  talismandave 
#1 ·

Hi people... I have a 1980 coupe deville I think... Had it about twelve years and have never got round to getting it on the road.. It won a lot of shows before I got hold of it and its only done 17,000 miles... I start it every four or five months and because of the Scottish weather I'm sad to say its pretty much an 18ft plant pot.. I just keep waiting till I've got enough money to restore it properly before I use it.. Like most people when I've got the money my kids have always got a birthday or Christmas....Anyway I've tried for ages to find out exactly what model it is and have looked through loads of Cadillac pics and websites and cant find one... I've found a few that I thought were the same but it always seems that my rear window is a lot smaller.. I've spent the last two hours looking through pics on this site but just the same result....if someone could let me know what model to buy parts for... Well if you've read all that and you can help then please reply...
If you own one of the amazing cars I've seen on here then go easy on me for just letting it grow roots.....I had to take the front seats out because of all the grass growing on the carpets....

Thanks guys

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·

It is kind of sad to see the old girl in the weeds but it still has good bones to work with. I'm surprised the diesel will still fire up with the old fuel in her. When you do get started the parts will be quite easy to find with all the help on this sire. The shipping is always an added expense as well. Make it an project to pass on to your kids.

#9 ·
I bet if you fill the tires and moved it out that spot, you'd get some inspiration to start working on it. Maybe push some new plywood under it every couple of years to block the weeds. Might be the cheapest way to keep the roots from growing under it. Maybe find another coupe and use that one as parts.

#10 ·

That's a regular coupe deville...
Cadillac kevin- rear window or side windows? When the side windows are smaller then its the brougham coupe, when the rear window is a full size window but its covered by the vinyl top, when the car has a vinyl delete, you'll see the full size of it..
The one pictured has a diesel engine. That side emblem on the front fender is where the emblem goes..has the same interior as mine, antique saddle, color code 603...

#11 ·
1980coupe said:
That's a regular coupe deville...
Cadillac kevin- rear window or side windows? When the side windows are smaller then its the brougham coupe, when the rear window is a full size window but its covered by the vinyl top, when the car has a vinyl delete, you'll see the full size of it..
The one pictured has a diesel engine. That side emblem on the front fender is where the emblem goes..has the same interior as mine, antique saddle, color code 603...
Rear window.....it's not 100% size (has maybe an inch or 2 each side covered by the vinyl top), but it seems alot harder to find (at least around here) than the opera window.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.