Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Did I buy the Boss of the St. Louis/ Houston Crime Family's car?

5K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  jamespowers 
#1 ·
I got bored and googled the original owner’s name for my 77 CDV (Anthony Giordano). The first thing that pops up is this. “Antonio Rico Giuseppe Giordano (June 2, 1914 – August 29, 1980) was the boss of the St. Louis crime family.” Which I would write off as coincidence, except the article talks of his son in Houston. ”He also has a son Anthony Giordano Jr. who is the underboss in the Houston Crime Family.”

The original warranty shows the car was purchased from Bob Moore Cadillac, Inc in Oklahoma City by Anthony Giordano on 2/11/77. The Owner’s address was in Houston. It is all pretty strange, but I would like to get to the bottom of it. I wonder if anyone here knows how I could verify if I have the Boss/Underboss of the St. Louis/ Houston Crime Family’s car.

P.S. I did search the trunk, no bodies. But there was a nice suit. It was a bit too small for me, so I gave it to a friend.

#8 ·
I might pull the back seat when I get the chance, I got her at the bodyshop now. I'll take some pictures of the paperwork I got. I really would like to figure out if I have a real mafia boss car. I wonder if it would increase the value of the car.

----------

I think I got to the bottom of it. Looks like it wasn't the underbosse's car. After some research I came across this, "Giordano was sent to prison in 1975 and released in December 1977." The car was purchased in February 77.

#9 ·
I think I got to the bottom of it. Looks like it wasn't the underbosse's car. After some research I came across this, "Giordano was sent to prison in 1975 and released in December 1977." The car was purchased in February 77.
A long shot but, on the other hand; it could possibly have been purchased for him by his father as a morale booster. Perhaps as a gesture to reassure him that his wife/family are being taken care of in his absence or as something to look forward to after his release or both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.