My 95 ETC had this... Why doesn't my 95 Fleetwood Brougham?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, My 95 ETC had this... Why doesn't my 95 Fleetwood Brougham? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Driver's side mirror electrochromatic.. Not on the Fleetwood.. Also - when I turned on the wipers on my Eldorado, the ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Question My 95 ETC had this... Why doesn't my 95 Fleetwood Brougham?

Driver's side mirror electrochromatic.. Not on the Fleetwood.. Also - when I turned on the wipers on my Eldorado, the headlights automatically came on... Not with the Fleetwood.. Any idea why they didn't have these options?? I find it odd..
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: My 95 ETC had this... Why doesn't my 95 Fleetwood Brougham?

Electromatic, meaning it had a control inside and electrically moved the mirror...... IE power mirrors...... if so, something is broken.......

The grandparents FW has it...... Its on the drivers side arm rest, farthest thing toward the dash...... Its a little stalk, and you twist it in 1 of three positions...... Farthest left, middle, and far right......

As far as the headlights coming on when you put the wipers on..... I wish my car had that.... But mine doesnt even have automatic headlights!!!! After driving cars with auto headlights, its hard to get aquianted with having to flip the switch on!!!

the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    Electromatic, meaning it had a control inside and electrically moved the mirror...i.e. power mirrors...
    No, electrochromatic mirrors. They have the auto-dimming feature at night when bright lights shine on them.

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    I'd like height adjustable seatbelts.

Oh...... They dont have that??? maybe it was an option yours doesnt have......

Height adjustable seatbelts would be nice as well - but I don't remember whether or not my Eldorado had them.. But the driver's side electrochromatic mirror feature was very nice on the ETC. It works great on the rear-view mirror... And the lights coming on automatically when you turn on the wipers - that's nice as well.. It seems very, very odd to me that the Eldorado would get these things but not the Fleetwood...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I know I've pointed it out a bunch of times but, the Fleetwood was DEFINATELY NOT an electronic feature tuor de force. It's strong suit was its size, power, towing capacity, durability, and appeal for the more traditional crowd. The more crap you put in it, the more crap there is to go wrong.

True - I'm just surprised because it already has the electrochomatic rear-view mirror anyway - and for the lights to go on with the wipers - it just doesn't seem all that techy.. It seems all the rest of the luxury features are already there - unless I'm not thinking of a few. What are a few other features that the Fleetwood doesn't have as opposed to other Cadillacs - in regards to amenities?

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

How 'bout a completely variable climate control system, a REAR climate control system, a Dual-Zone climate control system, Massaging seats, outside electrochromic mirrors, Rain-sense wipers, a DIC, a trip computer, etc, etc, etc.
    I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but these came to mind.

Oooh! All stuff I really love.. I can do without the rear climate control system. That's no big deal, I guess.. What's different with the completely variable climate control system? The computer that states how much gas you've got left and stuff - yeah, I miss that too. Give and take, I guess...

Think about the aimed market at the time...... OLD PEOPLE....... They dont want a bunch of buttons......

Like my grandpa has always says..... "I know how to start it, set the temperature, put gas in it, and take it in for service when the sticker says so..... I dont really care about anything else"....

cadysrme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville, DTS, STS, CTS, Escalade, Allante

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    Height adjustable seatbelts would be nice as well - but I don't remember whether or not my Eldorado had them.. But the driver's side electrochromatic mirror feature was very nice on the ETC. It works great on the rear-view mirror... And the lights coming on automatically when you turn on the wipers - that's nice as well.. It seems very, very odd to me that the Eldorado would get these things but not the Fleetwood...
    There were no height adjustable seat belts on the Eldorados, kind of pointless on the way they were mounted so that people could get into the back seat and the seatbelts were not mounted to the seat like the new Cadillacs.

Regarding the electrchromic mirrors..that was a feature on the exterior mirrors only on the Front wheel drive cars from 1993 on and on both sides on the 1995 STS, ETC, and Concours ( I believe I am correct- let me know if not...) The 1995 Fleetwood did not have these since the car was brand new in 1992 and was going to be discontinued in 1996 and was not a mainstream car...all the new stuff made into the more popular front wheel cars (why spend the money on the Fleetwood?). The same goes for the wipers, all 1995 Cadillacs received the automatic lights with wipers except the Fleetwood. To activate this feature the twilight sentinel had to be on.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre
    Look at who GM was aiming at with the RWDs- a lot of longtime owners who wanted a traditional car. The less to go wrong the better- what would one of these long time owners think if their new Cadillac had problems? They might never want to buy one again... then again since they stopped making them they probably never did anyway

I feel the same way about things like that with my 91. The FWDs have delayed accessory power, mine doesn't. They have the fuel milage computer.. where's mine? I guess when they went back to the real V8s they figured the gas milage would be so bad that no-one would want to see it anyway or something.

I guess it's a give or take thing. I still like my RWD over any other Cadillac

Gas mileage in a fleetwood (LT1) is really good...... My gparents gets about 26mpg on the highway (and they only drive it on the highway)......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.