1983 cadillac brougham 2 door hard gas pedal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1983 cadillac brougham 2 door hard gas pedal in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; been meaning to ask this question: has anyone experience a hard gas pedel. When I compare my gas pedal from ...
    caddy1983 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Fleetwood brougham 2 door

1983 cadillac brougham 2 door hard gas pedal

been meaning to ask this question: has anyone experience a hard gas pedel. When I compare my gas pedal from my
    96 impala ss or my 99 honda civic these have a soft pedal not hard. Just like any other car you drive. When I drive the Caddy I feel the pedal much harder. Is there anything I
    can do to make it softer(ajust a throttle cable, lubricate,replace throttle spring...etc) keep in mind my car is stock and well
    maintained with 243000 original miles. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Re: 1983 cadillac brougham 2 door hard gas pedal

243,000 miles!!! Wonder how many times the HT4100 has been replaced . . . .

As for the gas pedal being "firm", its normal. Remember these pedals are hinged at the floor instead of just hanging there like the pedal on your impala or civic.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    The back of the gas pedal should have a plastic insert that looks like a chevy emblem. Mine came off and the pedal would stick sometimes. Other then that, I'd check for something hitting moving parts on the carb with the air cleaner on.

83 Fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1983 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    243,000 miles!!! Wonder how many times the HT4100 has been replaced . . . .

As for the gas pedal being "firm", its normal. Remember these pedals are hinged at the floor instead of just hanging there like the pedal on your impala or civic.
    nice to see an ht4100 with so many miles! A lot of hate on these motors from what I have heard personally and read on these forums. Just goes to show that if a vehicle is taken care of it can last 30 years + with an engine that is supposedly the worst ever installed in a Cadillac

caddy1983 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Fleetwood brougham 2 door

Aron9000 My engine is still OEM my future plans is to install an LS... drivetrain or an LT1 drivetrain when my motor gives up. Hopefully my engine still goes strong in the next few years so I can save the money for this conversion.

Cadillac Giovanni is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB

I've noticed that older cars in general have firmer accelerators. Not sure what you can do about it. I actually prefer the firm pedal. On a soft pedal, I'm constantly restraining my foot and it wears me out. The firm pedal in my brougham I can just rest my foot on without it going right against the floorboards. It's nice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.