Minor prob with my 91 FWB
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Minor prob with my 91 FWB in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Last week I dropped an 87 L98 350 in place of the 305 in my 91 FWB. Anyway, car has ...
    Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Minor prob with my 91 FWB

Last week I dropped an 87 L98 350 in place of the 305 in my 91 FWB. Anyway, car has been running great but it bucks and sputters the first few minutes after startup. I give it gas and it feels like it wants to stall and will even backfire a little. Problem goes away after a few minutes of driving but its still annoying. Timing seems right on so I'm thinking it may have something to do with the computer. Before I did the swap I was told to swap over to 350 injectors and a computer chip from a vechicle with TBI and 350. Parts store says injectors for the 305 and 350 are the same part number, would the computer be different?. I've been in the boneyards looking for a new computer chip but have been unable to do so thus far. Any idea what else it could be? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sizanjdf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1974 fleetwood 75, 1980 sedan deville, 1970 eldo

Re: Minor prob with my 91 FWB

hmm...we did this in my friends truck as well...I believe we changed the injectors in the TBI as well. Try a different parts store??? or maybe even go to a junk yard and get a TBI off of a Chevy truck....You will probably want it off of an 88-91 maybe a 92. They switched throttle bodies then and went to one that had two wing nuts to hold it on.

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Re: Minor prob with my 91 FWB

Quote Originally Posted by sizanjdf
    hmm...we did this in my friends truck as well...I believe we changed the injectors in the TBI as well. Try a different parts store??? or maybe even go to a junk yard and get a TBI off of a Chevy truck....You will probably want it off of an 88-91 maybe a 92. They switched throttle bodies then and went to one that had two wing nuts to hold it on.
    I almost ripped the TBI and chip off an 88 Chevy P/U at the junkyard. It was a bare bone stripper P/U and there were no markings under the hood that told me it was a 350 though. I passed on it cause for all I know it may have been a 305 and that would be a complete waste of time. I advanced the timing a bit and seem to have fixed the problem, or at least made it better for now. I'll hit the boneyards one of these days and get the different injectors and chip. Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.