1990 to 1987 brougham body questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1990 to 1987 brougham body questions in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; There's a 1990 brougham for sale here locally and I was just wondering how much of the body will swap ...
    outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

1990 to 1987 brougham body questions

There's a 1990 brougham for sale here locally and I was just wondering how much of the body will swap to my 87? specifically I'd like to swap out my driver's door and rear bumper but I don't want the 90's trim on it.

Also how about the front fenders?

Any info would be great. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by outsider
    There's a 1990 brougham for sale here locally and I was just wondering how much of the body will swap to my 87? specifically I'd like to swap out my driver's door and rear bumper but I don't want the 90's trim on it.

Also how about the front fenders?

Any info would be great. Thanks!
    Rear bumper will swap, as will the doors. Fenders will, but you'll have to use the 90s front bumper with it (90-92 fenders are not full length in front of the wheel well)
    As for doors, you would have to remove the cladding (beware as it hides some nasty rust) and grind down the mounting tabs for the cladding. Also, I'm not sure how the door mounted seatbelt is attached at the top, but that would have to be removed.

Re: 1990 to 1987 brougham body questions

Thanks.

So the door panels from my 87 will also fit on the 90 door? And can my 87's rear bumper trim be fitted to the 90's rear bumper?

Cadillac Giovanni is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB

Some of the mounts for the tail lights are slightly different between 87 and 90. They're interchangeable with a little bit of persuasion, though. The trims are completely swappable. By door panels, do you mean the interior? Those should also fit. The exterior panels will have different clips.

Thanks. I'm waiting to hear back from the guy and will keep you all updated. I mostly just need a new door and rear bumper so there may be parts up for grabs when I'm done

Thanks. I'm waiting to hear back from the guy and will keep you all updated. I mostly just need a new door and rear bumper so there may be parts up for grabs when I'm done
    Remember, the 90-92 specific parts (cladding, front clip, dash, etc) are popular with the lowrider crowd...might be able to make your money back in parts if it's not a trashed out car.

I picked it up tonight. It's an alabama car with no rust and a pretty clean body. Hate to part it out but that's what's happening to it so if anyone needs something let me know. I'll have pics tomorrow...

Fleetwood kid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I need Rear Bumper fillers badly if they arent shot. I have a 1980 Fleetwood

Here are some pictures:

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Depending on what yours is like it might almost be better to keep that one and use the other one for parts. This one looks pretty clean.
    The doors will take a bit of work to make usable. The trim around the window has clips behind it, the door mounted seatbelt would need to be dealt with. Im not sure if things changed inside the door. At least being a 5L 1990 there are more parts that you could use then a 1991-1992 but a lot of the body stuff is different.

Yeah it is pretty clean. Really a shame to part it out but I like the 87's body style much more than this one.

This one also has some kind of death squeal coming from the engine. The guy said he replaced the water pump and power steering pump etc and that didn't work and that it still squeals with the belts off...i have heard the squeal but not with the belts off and it's scary. Sounds like a belt squeal but like 10x louder!

Yeah it is pretty clean. Really a shame to part it out but I like the 87's body style much more than this one.

This one also has some kind of death squeal coming from the engine. The guy said he replaced the water pump and power steering pump etc and that didn't work and that it still squeals with the belts off...i have heard the squeal but not with the belts off and it's scary. Sounds like a belt squeal but like 10x louder!
    Might be a bearing....poor caddy. At least it will live on to keep others on the road.

mjs182004 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 Brougham d' Elegance, 06 STS-V

If your gonna part it out, I would buy the window sweeps off of you if you have time to do that. I really need just the pass. front, but could use the rears as well. I just replaced my drivers door one. And that one looks to be in pretty good shape, eventually most of these car will meet their demise

Are the sweeps on the inside? IF so I"ll check it out and see how they look.

mjs182004 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 Brougham d' Elegance, 06 STS-V

there the rubber strips on the outside. They are attached to the stainless steel trim that runs along the base of the window. unfortunately the door panel has to be removed and the window all the way down to get to the screws that hold them in there. I really only need the pass. front door, as there is nothing left of it. Only if you have the time or patience to get them for me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.