Pinstripping for my 79 Phaeton. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Pinstripping for my 79 Phaeton. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Thanks for the pics, I'm going to be putting pin striping back on my 87 soon. It's black but had ...
    outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

Re: Pinstripping for my 79 Phaeton.

Thanks for the pics, I'm going to be putting pin striping back on my 87 soon. It's black but had red pins. They came off when I painted it years ago but it really needs another paint job since it was one of my first ones. After that I'll be referencing these pics for sure to apply the stripe

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Thanks for the pics, I'm going to be putting pin striping back on my 87 soon. It's black but had red pins. They came off when I painted it years ago but it really needs another paint job since it was one of my first ones. After that I'll be referencing these pics for sure to apply the stripe
    The striping is different on your 87. Look for a Brougham to reference. The side ones are the same actually but the trunk is different.

"Brougham: All the Phaetons with original paint I've seen have the standard pinstriping like any other '78-79 DeVille / Fleetwood with the option. It was only mine that had the funky striping on the top of the trunk lid."

OK that makes sense. I was going to say I've never seen the funky one on top of the trunk but I've also never paid attention to what the Phaetons had.

guyrobert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 deville phaeton, 1957 Eldorado Biarritz

Thanks Ben, That really helps shows great detail!
    Another quick question, I need to paint some interior parts, seat tracks and part of the steering column,
    The interior color is what I call Pumpkin (I know this is not the factory name or code) where is the best place to get matching spray paint?

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

Quote Originally Posted by guyrobert View Post
    Thanks Ben, That really helps shows great detail!
    Another quick question, I need to paint some interior parts, seat tracks and part of the steering column,
    The interior color is what I call Pumpkin (I know this is not the factory name or code) where is the best place to get matching spray paint?
    Pumpkin, lol. I usually refer to mine as caramel or peanut butter but not pumpkin. Correct color name is Antique sierra saddle..code 603. I found a website years back that match the interior color and it was a spray to repaint the leather on the seats. I used it for other applications as well. I added a third brake light, since 80 didnt come equipped with one, and I sanded down the color and applied the color that I had bought and came out good. I'm trying to remember name but it is not coming to me...when it does, I'll follow up
    This other website I know sells touchup paint, who knows maybe it'll work for you.
    www.touchuppaintonline.com/Cadillac/All-Models
    I sent you a PM[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

Thanks alot this site www.touchuppaintonline.com/Cadillac/All-Models
    only shows colors for the exterior, so if you find the other site for the Antique sierra saddle that would be great!
    PM replied

Quote Originally Posted by guyrobert View Post
    Thanks alot this site www.touchuppaintonline.com/Cadillac/All-Models
    only shows colors for the exterior, so if you find the other site for the Antique sierra saddle that would be great!
    PM replied
    Still don't remember..
    I know the website I gave you is for exterior but perhaps you can you the code for the exterior of your car, which Ben mentioned it and apply it to your seats? Who knows maybe it'll work...
    PM replied back...

----------

I remembered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    www.leathervinylcare.com

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

I remember that site too now, 1980Coupe showed it to be back in '05-ish when I had my '83 Coupe with a similar saddle interior. Unfortunately, it looks like the site is down now Never tried their product, but his '80 looked good after he did the seats.

Maybe this could shed some light on decoding your interior color? I'll try to remember & check my Phaeton's body tag with this info & see what it says the interior code is.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ciphering.html
    I'd think if you could get the code, you'd be able to find a paint store that could find the match.

From the 1979 brochure, that year the saddle colored interior was called simple "Antique Saddle". They messed around with the names a lot for a while, not sure if the color actually changed any for 1980 or not.

Hope that helps! I know I found a source for interior paint in the correct code somewhere, but now that I want it, I can't find it.. I need to touch up my steering column as well, plus locate, paint & install a new dash pad..

Ben

Ben- Yeah, I noticed that the website no longer exists. I found out later that day. I actually had to go and log in to cardomain to get the website because I typed it in there. Hven't been on that website in years, lol. How about you? The seats came out really looking really good, however they have been coming apart, but I found some seat covers at the yard one time and they were off a Caddy and in the same color too..like those seat covers shown in the JC Whitney catalog. So I got everything..looks good now.
    The interior color code is 603, correct name is Saddle but in the 1980 brochure it has Antique Saddle but it is the same..and it is the same carried over into 1980 but only in the coupe model. For the Brougham, El Dorado coupe and Seville it is 602 and El Dorado Biarritz is the same, 603. This is off my 1980 Cadillac Interior binder

There's a guy on layitlow that goes by MR.LAC and he has the correct dash pad in our color. Last time I spoke with him he still had it available, but don't know whether he does still, but he carries a lot of good, clean and crack free dash pads in other colors..
    Benzilla and Benzilla like this.

When search for the interior paint (color code 603 and TBTW) all I seem to get is touch up paint for the exterior,
    Years ago one of the local auto parts supply had little spray cans of GM paints in almost every color but they have been out of business for a long time now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.