HELP!!!! 94 fleetwood
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, HELP!!!! 94 fleetwood in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello, so I'm gonna get straight to the point...I own a 94 Fleetwood, I've had her for a lil over ...
    xjames2189 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadilliac Fleetwood

HELP!!!! 94 fleetwood

Hello, so I'm gonna get straight to the point...I own a 94 Fleetwood, I've had her for a lil over a year..she was more or less a few days from being parted out or junked by her previous owner (a gas and go guy). I tossed up $420 and he tossed back the title and keys :-) anywho all she needed was a tune-up, love, and a optispark...been floatin' ever since XD a/c works, no trans issues, everything original.

Now that her background is outta the way...I recently started feeling her miss, stumble, hesitate, and jerk every once in awhile, I told myself "you gotta take a look buddy" but I work a steady 60hrs a week 6 days a week...needless to say I'm beatdown after work and rest my head on sundays so I neglected it for about 2 weeks, took 3 days off and got in her..I went straight for the distributor, pulled the waterpump, the optispark had some evidence of missing and arcing but not too bad, went to advanced and had my pump and opti replaced,

Didn't change :/ in fact the hesitating got worse!

Next was the plugs and wires...plugs where not fouled or soiled, wires are good

Next, EGR, changed that...still no change...

Popped the codes and nothing but -00-27, I was told that was EGR vaccume solenoid so I changed that...STILL THE SAME

I'm totally stumped and my last resort is to take it to GM...but I hope y'all could help me out, cause I'm runnin low on funds and a lil frustrated...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    Did you look into the coil? Maybe replace that before you take it in.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Re: HELP!!!! 94 fleetwood

Fuel pressure related... check fuel pressure, replace filter, replace pump would be the order. If fuel pressure is good, scroll down.

OR

Ignition related. You did wires. Did you do a new coil wire? Coil? ICM?

Fuel filter is newish, about 3 to 4 months old...I have ocd and its mainly directed to my cars and my hygine...I do a tune-up every 3 months and that's filters, wires, pulgs, and fluids...always...

Fuel pump wouldn't be it, its still good.

I'll take a look at the coil in the am, I never really thought of that...thank you much.

----------

Fuel filter is newish, about 3 to 4 months old...I have ocd and its mainly directed to my cars and my hygine...I do a tune-up every 3 months and that's filters, wires, pulgs, and fluids...always...

Fuel pump wouldn't be it, its still good.

I'll take a look at the coil in the am, I never really thought of that...thank you much.

----------

Also if it was fuel related, would it do it all the way through the accelerator range? If I lightly accelerate it won't miss or hesitate, but under normal and heavy acceleration it does, also the missing fades away when in park or neutral..you can still kinda feel the miss but isn't as defined as in drive or reverse

The coil on lt1 cars have given some owners problems. Take the wire off and look at the nipple. A weak fuel pump will definately have the same symptoms as the pump gets weaker. Might want put a gauge on the fuel to see where its at.

Quote Originally Posted by csbuckn View Post
    The coil on lt1 cars have given some owners problems. Take the wire off and look at the nipple. A weak fuel pump will definately have the same symptoms as the pump gets weaker. Might want put a gauge on the fuel to see where its at.
    My pops just checked the fuel pressure and its fine. He has a 97 z28 and I have a 94 z28, we've replaced the fuel pumps on both his twice lol safe to say we've collected some knowledge on fuel pump related problems :/

Then I'd be looking at the coil. Cheap enough to elimenate before a trip to the dealership.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

What was the fuel pressure reading?

Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
    What was the fuel pressure reading?

I wasnt looking dead at it, cause he was but I saw it at around 35ish psi maybe a dash higher? It was steady though...this is all at idle

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.