95 fleetwood project
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 95 fleetwood project in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hello everyone i have finally buckled down and bought a 95 fleetwood and it came with all sorts of problems ...
    Timika_Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 Cadillac Fleetwood 92 Cadillac Sedan Deville

Cool 95 fleetwood project

hello everyone i have finally buckled down and bought a 95 fleetwood and it came with all sorts of problems but since its my project car i will face them 1 at a time until its right the way i want it but my question is how do i get to the wiper motor? is there a special tool that i use to take off the wiper/ wipers etc to get to the motors? i never took off wipers before just changed the blades the problem that i am having is the driver wiper works fine but the passenger doesnt ...any help would be greatly appreciated even pics if any body has any thanks alot

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jayoldschool is online now GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Re: 95 fleetwood project

The wiper motor is right out in the open. You don't remove anything to get to it.

Its the silver canister next to the red trans dipstick handle. Has the flat electrical connecter on the front.

Your problem isn't the motor, however. The passenger side arm is either loose, stripped, or disconnected. Look at the arm. At the end where it pivots, there is a plastic cap, pry it off (careful, they break easy). See the nut? Start the car, put the wipers on. Look at the shaft in the middle of the nut. Is it moving and the wiper arm isn't? If yes, you found your problem. Simply tighten the nut. Hopefully the arm isn't stripped. If this doesn't fix it, you'll need to look at the linkage for a loose part. That involves removing both wiper arms and pulling the shield underneath them. Once you do that, it should be very obvious where the issue is.

thanks for that info i will be checking it in the morning i really appreciate the help

alright well jay you were right i pulled the cap and i had to tighten the bolt down to the arm and it worked like a charm. thanks alot i appreciate it very much now to the next problem which is my car idling to high i think a hose may be loose or pcv valve is probably gone bad what may be some other symptoms i could test or check out

jayoldschool is online now GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Glad it was something simple!

You can access a tachometer function in the HVAC control unit to see what the RPM actually is. The idle is set by the PCM, so it may not actually be too high. Check the FAQ sticky up top to see how to access the tach (and lots of other cool info).

alright just a brief update i havent check the idle yet...but im going to get it tested this weekend i been busy fixing the windows in my deville but so far all is still well with the car i will be posting up pics soon

YoshiMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville D'Elegance

Groovy! can't wait to see!

alright yall its been a little minute but im back with a question or 2 i was wondering where was this plugged hose running too?? and i found another hose that was disconnected by the battery...(this is how i bought the car)...if this a good or bad thing that these are disconnected....IMG_4649.JPG IMG_4648.JPG

does anyone know??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.