1991 Blower Motor? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1991 Blower Motor? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Sorry for the confusion csbuckn, kevin is sending me stuff and I thought he was the one that posted about ...
    j2rossit is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 FW Brougham, 68 Wildcat 'vert, 92 & 96 Roadmaster Wagons

Re: 1991 Blower Motor?

Sorry for the confusion csbuckn, kevin is sending me stuff and I thought he was the one that posted about have a resistor module for $30.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Quote Originally Posted by mjs182004 View Post
    If the 80's ones would fit my 91, I would buy one from one of you guys. I don't know if I could swing the 2.5 mil though. lol There arn't any broughams in a junkyard near me at the moment.
    It's supposed to be a 3 year only part that doesn't fit any other vehicles. Id just pay out for a new one. Chances are any used one you find won't last much longer then the one you're replacing.

mjs182004 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 Brougham d' Elegance, 06 STS-V

Ok, I found it on Amazon for $129 shipped. Should be here on Wednesday. Hopefully this will fix it!

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    Quote Originally Posted by j2rossit View Post
    Sorry for the confusion csbuckn, kevin is sending me stuff and I thought he was the one that posted about have a resistor module for $30.
    No prob, did you want it?

j2rossit is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 FW Brougham, 68 Wildcat 'vert, 92 & 96 Roadmaster Wagons

Kevin's going to see if he can get one to toss in with the stuff he's sending. If he can't get one, then I'd be interested in yours.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mjs182004 View Post
    Ok, I found it on Amazon for $129 shipped. Should be here on Wednesday. Hopefully this will fix it!
    Just to put the bug in your brain:
    Since an older blower motor will cause these things to fail early, and because of how pricy these things are, I also replaced the blower motor.

Ok, I got the new Blower resistor module. It works like a charm! Now I may get a new blower, but it seems to be working beautifully for now.
    j2rossit and j2rossit like this.

Well It took 8 months, now my blower is on its way to the trash. This past week it started to have its own mind. I could get it to work by smacking the blower. Now its not working at all. I already placed my order through amazon. They always seem to have what I need for a little bit cheaper than anyone else. I bought the AC Delco one with the scroll fan blade. I figure the original lasted 23 years, that a genuine AC Delco was the way to go.

larryinalabama is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Brougham

I had to put a resistor in my 1990 Brougham reciently, I bought it from Rockauto at 129$, autozone wanted 270$. Most of my car issues come from lack of use.

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

A dragging blower motor is hard on the blower control module. Since the blower motor is much cheaper than the module it is good to replace it when it starts squeaking or making other noises.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.