1990 Cadillac Brougham Exterior and Interior color combo question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1990 Cadillac Brougham Exterior and Interior color combo question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey guys, new here! I have a 1990 Brougham and she has been in the family for over 20 years ...
    CandyLacBrome is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Brougham

1990 Cadillac Brougham Exterior and Interior color combo question

Hey guys, new here! I have a 1990 Brougham and she has been in the family for over 20 years and I was just wondering if GM ever made this color combination...

Gray Exterior
    Screenshot_84.png

Blue Interior
    200067_192976794072157_671587_n.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 1990 Cadillac Brougham Exterior and Interior color combo question

Well, If it wasn't a factory color combo, then the previous owner must have swapped the whole interior with a blue one.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Or had it painted.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Post up a picture of the SPID sticker (the sticker on the right side of the trunk lid with a bunch of 3 digit alphanumeric codes). I think the interior color is on there somewhere.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

It doesn't seem like an unusual color combo, the SPID sticker will tell the tale.

The sticker seems to be missing! Oh snap!

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I can't remember if color is one of the options given, plug your vin into the website compnine.com and see what it tells you. That is, as long as its not missing..... J/K

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Usually grey had grey interior. Grey and blue seems like an ugly combination.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    I can't remember if color is one of the options given, plug your vin into the website compnine.com and see what it tells you. That is, as long as its not missing..... J/K
    Thanks for posting that site, i'll check it later when I get home...

Quote Originally Posted by brougham View Post
    Usually grey had grey interior. Grey and blue seems like an ugly combination.
    IKR?! I might actually re-paint the exterior to match with the blue interior. Does anyone know what factory color combo's the best? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CandyLacBrome

Thanks for posting that site, i'll check it later when I get home...

IKR?! I might actually re-paint the exterior to match with the blue interior. Does anyone know what factory color combo's the best? Thanks!
    I vote for burgundy or seafoam exterior :P

Blue on blue is a possible factory color combo, as is white/ blue top/int. I do rather like the metallic silver/purple that was on a car posted in the for sale/ wanted section. I think that plus dark blue pinstripes would look cool

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (70K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

It appears that GM actually has made this color combination. I looked at my brochure for the 1996 Buick line. In the back, it has the available color combinations. It shows that the Platinum Gray available with Blue interior on Park Avenue (base and Ultra), LeSabre, and Century...but not on Riviera, Roadmaster, Regal or Skylark (but the Skylark doesn't even offer a Blue interior). If I'm honest, the Platinum Gray is not as dark as the gray Brougham pictured above...but it is more gray than silver.

My 1987 and 1989 Brougham ordering guides do not list the Academy Gray or Pearl Gray with Dark Blue interior as a "recommended" color selection.

That being said, a while back, I was reading a Cadillac ordering guide/order-form from the mid-70's. I cannot remember the year (I think it was '74) and it's been a while, so I cannot remember the exact wording...but the guide allowed a customer to order any color combination desired, even if it is not a "recommended" color combination listed by Cadillac/GM Designers. The Sales Rep had to mark a box that indicated that the customer was advised that the color combination selected was not recommended...and that the customer was sure that (s)he wanted that particular color combination anyhow.

I've seen pictures of a late-70's Seville that was an aqua color on the outside with a dark red/maroon interior...ordered that way from the factory. I cannot imagine that this color combination was "recommended".

Quote Originally Posted by TopherS
    It appears that GM actually has made this color combination. I looked at my brochure for the 1996 Buick line. In the back, it has the available color combinations. It shows that the Platinum Gray available with Blue interior on Park Avenue (base and Ultra), LeSabre, and Century...but not on Riviera, Roadmaster, Regal or Skylark (but the Skylark doesn't even offer a Blue interior). If I'm honest, the Platinum Gray is not as dark as the gray Brougham pictured above...but it is more gray than silver.

My 1987 and 1989 Brougham ordering guides do not list the Academy Gray or Pearl Gray with Dark Blue interior as a "recommended" color selection.

That being said, a while back, I was reading a Cadillac ordering guide/order-form from the mid-70's. I cannot remember the year (I think it was '74) and it's been a while, so I cannot remember the exact wording...but the guide allowed a customer to order any color combination desired, even if it is not a "recommended" color combination listed by Cadillac/GM Designers. The Sales Rep had to mark a box that indicated that the customer was advised that the color combination selected was not recommended...and that the customer was sure that (s)he wanted that particular color combination anyhow.

I've seen pictures of a late-70's Seville that was an aqua color on the outside with a dark red/maroon interior...ordered that way from the factory. I cannot imagine that this color combination was "recommended".
    I've seen a couple late 70s devilles with metallic blue green paint and orange interior....don't think those were "recommended color combos" either

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.