New mats and tire cover
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, New mats and tire cover in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I was wondering if anyone knows of a source for interior mats for my brougham. My car is Corinthian blue. ...
    jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

New mats and tire cover

I was wondering if anyone knows of a source for interior mats for my brougham. My car is Corinthian blue.

I also need a spare tire cover but I can't use the original from 1986 as I put in a full size spare. I think a 77 spare tire cover should do nicely. The problem is I cannot find one. Anyone know of a source for these? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a source for interior mats for my brougham. My car is Corinthian blue.

I also need a spare tire cover but I can't use the original from 1986 as I put in a full size spare. I think a 77 spare tire cover should do nicely. The problem is I cannot find one. Anyone know of a source for these? Thanks!
    Is corinthian blue light blue or dark blue? I come across blue caddy floor mats every once in a while in the junkyard. FWD mats will work, but IIRC, you will have to cut a slit in the drivers mat so it goes around the pedal mount on the floor.
    As for the tire cover- maybe getting a second small spare cover and sewing the side panel onto your small spare tire cover?

Re: New mats and tire cover

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Is corinthian blue light blue or dark blue? I come across blue caddy floor mats every once in a while in the junkyard. FWD mats will work, but IIRC, you will have to cut a slit in the drivers mat so it goes around the pedal mount on the floor.
    As for the tire cover- maybe getting a second small spare cover and sewing the side panel onto your small spare tire cover?
    It is a dark blue. For some reason my driver's side one disappeared. I might as well get a set so they will all match. Let me know what you find.

That would work if I had the original tire cover. The spare tire, hold down and cover were missing. I elected to go with a full size tire. I thought the jack and tire iron were missing too but when I replaced the tire, I lifted the forward trunk cardboard and found I still had the original one---never used. So I have a spare jack and jack handle but I will live. The junkyard I went to to get the tire had a 77 but the tire cover was missing--darn it!

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

1977 Cadillacs had the first year of the compact spare tire.

----------

This is a link to a thread from one of our sponsors on the forum for brand new floor mats.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-cadillac.html

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Look for a cover from a 91-96 Caprice sedan. They came with full size spares. 93-96 Cadillac probably did, too, but I can't confirm.

Poda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Base - Metal tops hells yeah!

My 94 Fleetwood has a full size spare mounted on an extra rim. As per on the owner's manual it was an option, but based on what I've seen so far it looks like you only got the compact spare if you deleted the full size on the option list. So most 93-96 Fleetwoods should have a full size. The cover is pretty generic in it's design, and should fit any full size spare no matter where it's mounted (trunk/wheel well, etc)

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

A lot of the caprices I've seen that I bothered checking anyway just seemed to have the compact spare. Good to know some came with full, have to keep an eye out for a cover. ALtho Im happy with the little one, takes up less trunk space.

I'll check my parts car trunk! The snow has melted. Finally!

drmenard is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood 81 deville

Quote Originally Posted by brougham View Post
    A lot of the caprices I've seen that I bothered checking anyway just seemed to have the compact spare. Good to know some came with full, have to keep an eye out for a cover. ALtho Im happy with the little one, takes up less trunk space.
    You can only get two bodies in there with a full size spare when you can get three in there with a compact spare,,,

Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
    I'll check my parts car trunk! The snow has melted. Finally!
    Thanks for checking!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    1977 Cadillacs had the first year of the compact spare tire.

----------

This is a link to a thread from one of our sponsors on the forum for brand new floor mats.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-cadillac.html
    The 77 in the junkyard had a full sized spare. I guess it was an option back then.

Poda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Base - Metal tops hells yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by drmenard View Post
    You can only get two bodies in there with a full size spare when you can get three in there with a compact spare,,,
    6 bodies if you run run-flats and no spare at all

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

Both my Roadmasters had full size spares. They may fit as well.

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    The 77 in the junkyard had a full sized spare. I guess it was an option back then.
    I think folks eventually got rid of the compact spare and put in a full size spare back in the 70's. The original compact spares had to be inflated before using and weren't exactly user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    I think folks eventually got rid of the compact spare and put in a full size spare back in the 70's. The original compact spares had to be inflated before using and weren't exactly user friendly.
    I can see that happening. If my mother's 75 Eldorado hadn't come with a full sized spare then I could see my father junking the space saver crap. It has a full size spare in there and I think they made sure it did before they bought the car. lol

Just checked my parts car, it has the cover for a compact spare. That will be going in my SS where I have a compact spare from an 80s Caprice!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.