1977 Coupe Deville Value? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1977 Coupe Deville Value? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by 77CDV Where in CA is the car? If it's near enough, I'll scope it out for you. ...
    Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

Re: 1977 Coupe Deville Value?

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    Where in CA is the car? If it's near enough, I'll scope it out for you.
    Hes in El Cajon 92020 so about 3 hours google map says.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Hmm. Bit of a trek for me, but I know someone who's close. Let me work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    Hmm. Bit of a trek for me, but I know someone who's close. Let me work on it.
    Sounds good my friend thank you for the help

----------

Photos i hope these are good Sub let me know if these are fine.

deVille33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1977 Coupe (blue), 1977 Coupe (yellow), 1977 Coupe (green)

The right side looks good. If the leather hasn't dried, you may find someone to re-stitch the seat. It is not the common Seamist Green. Possibly a Firemist Green. Whitewalls would make it better appearing. From those pics the body appears straight. There appears to be a bubble on the vinyl top below the rear window. Bubbles are a sign of rust. Press in on the bubbles and they will crunch the rust blister. Check the grain in the top for signs of cracking where water can seep in. In '77 they did not have the Landau tops. The vinyl was laid over the metal. The bumpers look like they might be straight. The rear bumpers in '77 were the only ones in that series ( '77 - '79 ) produced with indents for the reflectors set between the rub strips. The steering wheel cover suggests the wheel has cracked, common for these cars. The dash pad ( crash pad ) has a propensity to crack near the middle along the air vent opening to the front and back. Dashes Only can do a better repair than upholstery shops can because they use a vacuum draw process to stretch the material over the dash foam. Just some observations from the pics provided.

Quote Originally Posted by deVille33 View Post
    The right side looks good. If the leather hasn't dried, you may find someone to re-stitch the seat. It is not the common Seamist Green. Possibly a Firemist Green. Whitewalls would make it better appearing. From those pics the body appears straight. There appears to be a bubble on the vinyl top below the rear window. Bubbles are a sign of rust. Press in on the bubbles and they will crunch the rust blister. Check the grain in the top for signs of cracking where water can seep in. In '77 they did not have the Landau tops. The vinyl was laid over the metal. The bumpers look like they might be straight. The rear bumpers in '77 were the only ones in that series ( '77 - '79 ) produced with indents for the reflectors set between the rub strips. The steering wheel cover suggests the wheel has cracked, common for these cars. The dash pad ( crash pad ) has a propensity to crack near the middle along the air vent opening to the front and back. Dashes Only can do a better repair than upholstery shops can because they use a vacuum draw process to stretch the material over the dash foam. Just some observations from the pics provided.
    Wow thank you for the detailed observation and i'll take that into account but the seller is not wanting to go below $1350. You my Sir are a expert on these great cars.

It's color 94, Thyme Green Firemist. I can't see any bubble under the backlight, and it's really unusual for these cars to rust out unless the top has completely failed. From the little I can see, it's rough, but not beyond hope.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV
    It's color 94, Thyme Green Firemist. I can't see any bubble under the backlight, and it's really unusual for these cars to rust out unless the top has completely failed. From the little I can see, it's rough, but not beyond hope.
    I don't think it's too bad, especially for the price. I'd buy it for 1350 (given it is in good shape mechanically)

Here's the update on the coupe. Has 80K miles on it, Dash is cracked, steering wheel is cracked, fillers, needs a tune up, new front seats, top is faded, paint, headlight marker, rubber trim around headlight, dings. So is it still worth $1350?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03
    Here's the update on the coupe. Has 80K miles on it, Dash is cracked, steering wheel is cracked, fillers, needs a tune up, new front seats, top is faded, paint, headlight marker, rubber trim around headlight, dings. So is it still worth $1350?
    I'd try to get it for 900...all the minor cosmetics add up, and thats not an easy color to find interior parts for (I guess you could get ones in a different color and dye them though.) Engine tune up isn't that hard on the older cars (probably plugs, wires, hoses, and some carb cleaner or adjustment would get it running right.) Faded top doesn't really matter to me on a cheap caddy, but a failed top does (one just looks bad, the other will cause roof rust. 1350 is IMO about what the car is worth, but you can probably get it for cheaper.
    I'm guessing the car has 0 rust, right?

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    I'd try to get it for 900...all the minor cosmetics add up, and thats not an easy color to find interior parts for (I guess you could get ones in a different color and dye them though.) Engine tune up isn't that hard on the older cars (probably plugs, wires, hoses, and some carb cleaner or adjustment would get it running right.) Faded top doesn't really matter to me on a cheap caddy, but a failed top does (one just looks bad, the other will cause roof rust. 1350 is IMO about what the car is worth, but you can probably get it for cheaper.
    I'm guessing the car has 0 rust, right?
    Nope no rust other then where the undercoating got scratched up from the road real clean car, Hes not budging at all on this car but he will take $800 for a 77 Seville? I like the car but needs works. I'm gonna look for another one. Thanks for the help man

Nope no rust other then where the undercoating got scratched up from the road real clean car, Hes not budging at all on this car but he will take $800 for a 77 Seville? I like the car but needs works. I'm gonna look for another one. Thanks for the help man
    Whats wrong with the seville? Thats cheap for a great classic caddy.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Whats wrong with the seville? Thats cheap for a great classic caddy.
    Seville needs paint and other odds and ends like this one. He has tons of Cadillac's from all ages and they all need work exept a 98 Eldo. The Seville is nice too black with red leather!

Seville needs paint and other odds and ends like this one. He has tons of Cadillac's from all ages and they all need work exept a 98 Eldo. The Seville is nice too black with red leather!
    I'd rock an 800 dollar first gen seville.

I'd pass on the Seville. They tend to have more electronics and they rust more easily.

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

My 78 Sevile has that magic factory undercoating that is tough as nails. If it isn't starting to rust yet then it won't as long as you keep it out of the salt. I love my old Seville and it handles like it's on rails, actually better than my 76 Camaro. 350 fi engine, th400 trans, limited slip rear, 4 wheel discs; what's not to love? I call mine my baby Caddy. It's a little cramped for room but that's how you get the good handling.

http://m491.photobucket.com/albumvie...rsDpgkx5KNE%3D

I don't know what is up with photobucket but I can't seem to link any photos. Maybe that link will show my babys.

----------

Bad to the bone:

http://m491.photobucket.com/albumvie...rsDpgkx5KNE%3D

classic Caddy lines

I would give a Seville in good condition a second look.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.