1993 Fleetwood Brougham - New Fuel Sender Ohms Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1993 Fleetwood Brougham - New Fuel Sender Ohms Question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So my '93 Fleetwood's fuel gauge is quite inaccurate and I have decided to change the sender and pump together. ...
    zzach19 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS-V Black Raven, '93 Brougham Black Sapphire Metallic

Question 1993 Fleetwood Brougham - New Fuel Sender Ohms Question

So my '93 Fleetwood's fuel gauge is quite inaccurate and I have decided to change the sender and pump together. I purchased the Airtex E3636S replacement and it arrived today. I decided to Ohm out the new sender and it reads in excess of 155 ohms at the full level and 0.8 at empty. Everything I can find in the service manual says the full level should be 88-90 ohms. I did notice that the websites that sell this fuel sender say it is for sender type CCA, and I have no idea what that means but I do have the digitial dash. CCA does not appear on my RPO list nor is it listed as an option for the RPOs that year as far as I can tell. Has anyone else replaced their sending/fuel level unit that can tell me if this is the right ohm value for the car? I would hate to replace this thing and have the level be off as it would have essentially accomplished nothing. Many thanks in advance for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Re: 1993 Fleetwood Brougham - New Fuel Sender Ohms Question

Im about to replace my whole sending unit made by spectra this weekend

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

This will tell you everything you need to know. It should be 90ohms, full.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBullet...d.php?t=235185

So I just called Airtex Tech Support and they are telling me the specs on their E3636S are 166-175ish ohms for the full reading. After the tech guy did some research he determined what I did, that the manuals are showing 88-90 ohms for full instead. He is supposed to call me back after he talks to engineering. Interesting to say the least, I guess it's a good thing I am not in a hurry.

So the senders that Airtex and ReTech make for the '93 Fleetwood both Ohm out at 175 full from the manufacturer. This is thouroughly confusing as everything I can find and read on on here says it should be 90 ohms full. Is it seriously possible that anyone who has replaced these in their '93 Fleetwoods are not noticing a drop in their gauges until the tank is at least halfway empty? The airtex part has been on the market for 6 years and they have no history of complaints.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.