Looking for opinions - 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Looking for opinions - 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm looking for opinions on this car: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...orcev4exp=true It's been up for a while, he dropped the price but it ...
    Gman1023 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Looking for opinions - 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood

I'm looking for opinions on this car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...orcev4exp=true

It's been up for a while, he dropped the price but it still seems a little high. Looks to me like the car would show very nicely with a detail or at least a thorough wash. Not crazy about the red interior, but it isn't that bad.

What are your thoughts/concerns?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Giovanni is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB

Re: Looking for opinions - 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood

White is a rough color to judge in photographs, it hides imperfections well. The mileage is low enough and the seat doesn't look too bad. A nice cleaning and detailing would make all the difference, but the price is a bit high, even with those miles.

Hard to tell from just pictures, and for some reason those red interiors never seem to wear well.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 01 ETC, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Unmolested 93-96 Fleetwoods are getting harder and harder to find. From the pics, it looks ok, though you're right that it could do with a thorough deep cleaning. Wonder what part is missing from the bumper (and why)?

Agreed. It also worries me that there are no head on pictures of the front or rear, and only two exterior pictures total. It's not what they show that matters so much, it's the things not shown in pictures that make all the difference.

Thanks for the feedback, and I agree CG, white on red is an ambiguous combination to judge condition.

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

I've come across this one in my search. I didn't think the condition of the car justified the price. The Astro is a plus but I agree with what others have said about the color combo. The price dropped a grand in a relatively short period of time, so maybe they are ready to negotiate. Have you contacted the seller?

silverfox103 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 Fleetwood & 07 CTS, 94 Roadmaster Wgn & 94 Caprice Wgn

I don't think I would jump on that one for 6K, maybe 3K to 3500.

Tom

I sent him a note about the questions I have, basically asking him to post a few additional pictures plus asking about rust, Carfax, (I as the buyer do not feel that I should have to spring the $ for a Carfax/Autocheck report), and the bumper question 77CDV asks. I'll keep you updated on what he comes back with.

Overall I agree, definitely not 6k but for $3k it would be a steal. I called about a very well kept '95 with the same color combo closer to me a few weeks back but they had already sold it. They were asking $6,500 for a car with the factory chrome rims and no other notable options and 97k miles. It was garaged and extremely well kept though. Knowing that dealer they probably got around $6k for it. Compared to that this one seems like a deal, but it's still suspect.

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

I say if its out of state dont do it

Quote Originally Posted by 85 FLEETWOOD COUPE View Post
    I say if its out of state dont do it
    It's in TN, I'm in PA. If he was close I would have already been there to look and drive but for the most part any car from the mid 90's here is done for, the exception is rare.

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Yea i understand,i say keep looking, i bought a 96 whhite with sunroof just like that but with grey int i only paid 800 but owner lost the keys thats why i got it for cheap lol

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/ctd/3645198121.html

Looks like the seat pocket is missing off the passenger side (pic5). The interior condition is less than stellar even for the age IMO. The 96 I bought last weekend had a far better interior (no reconditioning needed) and I paid 2k less than the list price of this one. I don't think the relatively low miles makes up for the poor interior. There are more choices out there unless there is a specific reason you want this one.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcaddybuyer View Post
    http://knoxville.craigslist.org/ctd/3645198121.html

Looks like the seat pocket is missing off the passenger side (pic5). The interior condition is less than stellar even for the age IMO. The 96 I bought last weekend had a far better interior (no reconditioning needed) and I paid 2k less than the list price of this one. I don't think the relatively low miles makes up for the poor interior. There are more choices out there unless there is a specific reason you want this one.
    I see what you mean about the seat pocket. I'm not even sure how you do that. He came off his price by 25% which kind of surprised me he had it marked up that high. The only reason I'm even considering it is the feature combination. I ran the VIN through Compnine, it's a V4P car with the FE2 suspension. And the roof is the factory CF5. If those weren't there I probably wouldn't even be interested.

HUF
    HUF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FWB 100,*** miles CURRENT. 1991 Seville 175,000 SOLD

The seller did not try to take good pictures. I would not take chances.

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

I like the "pine-fresh" hanging under the (what appears to be) well used ashtray. It just looks un-loved if that makes sense to anyone else? I guess what I mean is, it looks like it was owned by someone who used it as a car. Not kept with the care and love that we would like to see in a Cadillac.
    77CDV and 77CDV like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HUF View Post
    The seller did not try to take good pictures. I would not take chances.
    Agreed. This guy put no effort into the listing, didn't even give the car a good scrub before listing it. If he had taken some care, put in a meaningful description, added an Autocheck or Carfax and a phone number it probably would have sold already.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    I like the "pine-fresh" hanging under the (what appears to be) well used ashtray. It just looks un-loved if that makes sense to anyone else? I guess what I mean is, it looks like it was owned by someone who used it as a car. Not kept with the care and love that we would like to see in a Cadillac.
    Makes perfect sense to me. I'm a stickler for car condition particularly interior condition and this one is well used. I'm 98% certain it's a smoker's car. Not a deal breaker, may not matter to some, but it affects the condition of the car. Just because someone smokes doesn't mean they have to do it in the car too.

----------

Thanks, all for the input. I am considering this a moot issue at this point. Here is what I know:

The Good:
    -It's a relatively low-mile '96 FWB with factory astroroof and V4P
    -Exterior seems to be in decent condition, see plastic bumper trim
    -No body rust
    -Seller willing to let it go for $4,500 (I put in a lowball offer and that's what he countered)
    -It runs

The Bad
    -98% certain it's a smoker's car
    -Needs interior reconditioning
    -No care taken in presentability before listing

The Questionable
    -Color combination
    -Abbreviated description/limited pictures
    -No explanation as to what the issue is with the piece missing in the bumper
    -Seller does not post a phone number and does not respond to e-mails.
    -No Carfax/Autocheck
    -It's been out there a while

So if anybody is interested in the car for any reason there's a summary to get you started. Myself, I'm waiting for something better.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.