Looking for opinions - 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Looking for opinions - 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; If you can find a burgundy interior in good shape it might make a good flipper. Then take the cash ...
    oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

Re: Looking for opinions - 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood

If you can find a burgundy interior in good shape it might make a good flipper. Then take the cash and get one you really want.

I've found shipping for the triple black in MI. Going to deal tomorrow

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I'm actually looking at a '76 as a potential flipper. That could be a fun early spring project.

Good luck on the MI car! That thing is stunning and has the perfect color combo.

Cadillac Giovanni is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB

Quote Originally Posted by oldcaddybuyer View Post
    I've found shipping for the triple black in MI. Going to deal tomorrow
    Awesome! I wanna see pics on the car I missed out on. I'm glad I found the one that I did, but part of me was upset I wasn't going on my road trip anymore.

cadillacmike68 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Well, this one sold for just under $5K. The interior is quire rough compared to the two Fleetwoods I've bought over the years.

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacmike68 View Post
    Well, this one sold for just under $5K. The interior is quire rough compared to the two Fleetwoods I've bought over the years.
    I still think the market for these is tighter than it was in years past. Knowing that finding this now 16+ year old car in good condition (without modification) is rare and therefore leading some to pay a little more than book value.
    Gman1023 and Gman1023 like this.

Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

Did you notice the other car in Lebanon, Ohio, also on ebay? It is only $2000, white/white top and blue interior. The description is much more complete, and appears to be a well cared for car. It has had much of the normal service a 20 year old car needs, and with 135,000 miles, still has years of life left. I have a 93 Fleetwood, and unless you plan on drag racing it, don't let anyone tell you that they are slow or dogs. I also have a 96 Roady wagon, so I know first hand about the difference between the two engines. That color combination, along with the price and newer tires sounds like a winner to me. What part of Pittsburgh are you from? Do you ever go to Caste Village on Sunday nights for the car show? Good luck on your search.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 78 Coupe View Post
    Did you notice the other car in Lebanon, Ohio, also on ebay? It is only $2000, white/white top and blue interior. The description is much more complete, and appears to be a well cared for car. It has had much of the normal service a 20 year old car needs, and with 135,000 miles, still has years of life left. I have a 93 Fleetwood, and unless you plan on drag racing it, don't let anyone tell you that they are slow or dogs. I also have a 96 Roady wagon, so I know first hand about the difference between the two engines. That color combination, along with the price and newer tires sounds like a winner to me. What part of Pittsburgh are you from? Do you ever go to Caste Village on Sunday nights for the car show? Good luck on your search.
    Good point, after all the L05 is the best thing ever in the 90-92 Broughams. I see the car you mention on Craigslist. I like it and I especially like the price. Some part of me wants to drop an LS7 in it. I am theoretically looking at one of these as a second car/highway driver but a resto-mod type sleeper drag racer could be fun too. Hmm. Thanks for the tip on this car!

Anyway, I'm out 28 in Lower Burrell. I've never been to Caste Village but I googled and it looks like a great time. Have you ever been to any of the Pittsburgh Cars N Coffee events? They used to meet at the Starbucks in Robinson, looking at moving to Cranberry this year. There is a little of everything but a surprising proportion of exotics.

SupaFly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Fleetwood Brougham 1995

I just saw this one on Craigslist. It's got a little bit too much going on with the emblems and interior but body looks good.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/3654644130.html

Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by Gman1023 View Post
    Good point, after all the L05 is the best thing ever in the 90-92 Broughams. I see the car you mention on Craigslist. I like it and I especially like the price. Some part of me wants to drop an LS7 in it. I am theoretically looking at one of these as a second car/highway driver but a resto-mod type sleeper drag racer could be fun too. Hmm. Thanks for the tip on this car!

Anyway, I'm out 28 in Lower Burrell. I've never been to Caste Village but I googled and it looks like a great time. Have you ever been to any of the Pittsburgh Cars N Coffee events? They used to meet at the Starbucks in Robinson, looking at moving to Cranberry this year. There is a little of everything but a surprising proportion of exotics.
    I've never been to the cars and coffee events, but if you move to the Robinson area, the Quaker Steak and Lube is again hosting a Sunday night show during the summer months. I live closer to that show, and it is hard to pass up their wings and a couple of cold beers on a hot summer Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaFly View Post
    I just saw this one on Craigslist. It's got a little bit too much going on with the emblems and interior but body looks good.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/3654644130.html
    That thing looks like it's made up of little bits of other cars but boy is it shiny!

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1023

That thing looks like it's made up of little bits of other cars but boy is it shiny!
    The body looks nice, but it looks like it has bullethole stickers on it? And the emblems are a bit overkill. The interior is odd too....red/ black 2 tone? (Needed to change over a few more parts to make it look nice/ proper)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 78 Coupe View Post
    I've never been to the cars and coffee events, but if you move to the Robinson area, the Quaker Steak and Lube is again hosting a Sunday night show during the summer months. I live closer to that show, and it is hard to pass up their wings and a couple of cold beers on a hot summer Sunday night.
    Thanks for the tip! Sounds like a good time, I should get some friends together and head down there on a nice summer evening.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    The body looks nice, but it looks like it has bullethole stickers on it? And the emblems are a bit overkill. The interior is odd too....red/ black 2 tone? (Needed to change over a few more parts to make it look nice/ proper)
    It's an aftermarket cloth top, the armrest is from a red interior car, it's a non-Brougham Fleetwood with Brougham chrome wheels...

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1023

Thanks for the tip! Sounds like a good time, I should get some friends together and head down there on a nice summer evening.

----------

It's an aftermarket cloth top, the armrest is from a red interior car, it's a non-Brougham Fleetwood with Brougham chrome wheels...
    Yup
    It also has a red dash top and red A pillars (wonder what color the headliner is).

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Yup
    It also has a red dash top and red A pillars (wonder what color the headliner is).
    It's a Mix-n-Match Mobile

Bro-Ham is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

Quote Originally Posted by Gman1023 View Post
    [...]it's a non-Brougham Fleetwood with Brougham chrome wheels...
    The Brougham style chrome wheels were a factory option on the "non-Brougham Fleetwood" in 1993-96.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.