Why can't this 96 Fleetwood be closer to me? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Why can't this 96 Fleetwood be closer to me? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; That's awesome!!! Congrats!! I'll never forget my 96 arriving on the truck, also covered in road grime ... Looking forward ...
    MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Why can't this 96 Fleetwood be closer to me?

That's awesome!!! Congrats!! I'll never forget my 96 arriving on the truck, also covered in road grime ... Looking forward to the pics. Maybe before and after pics?!!?!?!!!

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

oldcaddybuyer should change his name to pristinecaddybuyer lol

VEGASELDO91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 ELDORADO (R.I.P.); 1995 Sedan Deville

Okay; we know you guys are enjoying those Fleetwoods but we really want those pics! Chop chop!!!! :-)

Cadillac Giovanni is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB

Just gotta detail it and have the windows tinted, and wait for some more favorable weather here in New England... oh, and get a camera.

I was just reflecting on how this thread starts with me whining about how pristine, low-mile Fleetwoods never seem to pop up in my area, and it ends with me buying one about 80 miles away. I suppose that was the best outcome I could have hoped for.

SilverCoupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 SDV (199K), 95 FWB Blk on Blk. (113K) 98 ETC (173K)

Thanks for the great happy ending stories guys..... got me going to get mine out of storage soon. C-mon spring.

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

Spring is here in GA...well sorta. 75 one day and freezing the next night. Pollen is everywhere, so the ladies are in the garage under cover while the 4Runner wears a yellow coat. Its suppose to rain here all weekend. I'm hoping that rids us of the pollen outbreak.

I washed the triple black after she came off the transport. I took her around the block and in the garage she went. The gray lady is still with the mechanic. He was held up waiting for parts on another car that was on the lift. Should have her back sometime next week. The 4Runner is going in for new tires and service tomorrow then the STS has a tint appointment. I hope to wash/detail both FWB next weekend and take pics of the sisters together. I haven't forgot...just waiting on nature to settle.

When I picked-up the gray lady from the body shop I told the guy to expect another one in a few weeks to have the rub trim painted. He asked what else and I said that's all, the triple black is in better shape and needs just the trim touched up. He said wait you found another one in better shape than the first one?! Priceless.

Several have been asking me to post pics of the triple black FWB. I had to pull the cars out to sweep the garage so I took some shots. I've only washed her and haven't had time to do a full detail, so here are the 'before' pictures. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!

http://s1307.photobucket.com/user/princepat/story/66323

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Looks great!!! I love the Vogue's. Always brings a smile to face when i see one of these machines. Congrats again!!

Yowza. Pretty slick. I'm sad I passed it up, but I'm happy with mine.

Question, though: How is that heritage of ownership badge attached? I like how it sits directly over the intersection of the two grill slats, but the one I have would be impossible to mount like that. Is it just stuck there with adhesive?

Also, what's the story with those exhaust tips? They just gonna pop right off or what? They are obnoxious.

Additionally, a question about the Vogues. How are they? I love the way they look, but I hear they wear and ride like crap.

I'll toss in the only picture I have of my new ride right now. The tinting place I went to takes pictures of the cars they do and puts them up on their webpage, so here she is with fresh tint in the rain.

602778_10152349568717316_1848302250_n.jpg

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Aside from the exhaust tips that's such a beautiful car

Seville fan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1986 Fleetwood Brougham

Wow not one but TWO gorgeous cars bought at the exact same time! For those of you folks looking for a nice Brougham this should be encouragement that they are out there.

Congratulations guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Giovanni View Post
    Yowza. Pretty slick. I'm sad I passed it up, but I'm happy with mine.

Question, though: How is that heritage of ownership badge attached? I like how it sits directly over the intersection of the two grill slats, but the one I have would be impossible to mount like that. Is it just stuck there with adhesive?

Also, what's the story with those exhaust tips? They just gonna pop right off or what? They are obnoxious.

Additionally, a question about the Vogues. How are they? I love the way they look, but I hear they wear and ride like crap.
    Yours looks sharp and you really did great on the low mileage. What percentage tint is that? I'm thinking of 35% for mine. Opinions?

Heritage Badge: Attached with very thin wire in two places. I'm guessing the bracket failed or was lost and the PO just rigged it with wire.

Exhaust tips: pipes were cut straight off and tips welded on. At first I didn't like them, but they are starting to grow on me. If I ever need to replace the exhaust I'll eliminate them. Until then, I'll live with it.

Vogues: haven't driven enough to really tell. They are smooth and handle well. Have a trip planned to VA next month so I'll know more then.

I think we both got really great rides

All us RWD junkies should try to meet up sometime. Anyone know if there is a meet scheduled this year?

The percentage on mine is 20%. I had my Brougham done at 35% (the legal limit in MA) but it was just too light. 20% is great. You can still see in from the outside, so cops usually don't objectively hassle you for it, and night time visibility is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Giovanni View Post
    The percentage on mine is 20%. I had my Brougham done at 35% (the legal limit in MA) but it was just too light. 20% is great. You can still see in from the outside, so cops usually don't objectively hassle you for it, and night time visibility is fine.
    20% is what I went with on the STS and 4Runner. Was thinking it might be too dark on a triple black but I guess not. Will help to protect the interior in Southern heat too.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

I had my 1995 Fleetwood done at 20%. That is just the right shade IMO. Its about the same tint % as the back windows on SUVS from the factory, ie you can still see out of it, but its fairly dark. The cops won't hassle you either, because they can still see your face when they walk up to the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.