Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Coupe Deville '74 Eldeora

8K views 54 replies 12 participants last post by  Eldorado#72 
#1 ·
Greetings, I am new to the forum. I've always loved classic cars, but so far had only Mercedes-benz. Until last weekend I got the opportunity to purchase the 1974 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. The car I found curious about my people (I live in Spain). Not sure what you bought but had already assisted many levels here in Spain for American cars.
On Friday passado I get the car home. This weekend I have been investigating, and there are several things that have left me a little extranyado.
For example the body by Fisher is 6CD47 .... After searching and searching I came to the conclusion that it is a Coupe Deville, but I'm not sure yet.
The car is in very good condition, but I found him removed from the front as he pulled the engine, the car brand 17,000 miles. My surprise I found is that the vinyl roof next to the window there eldeora letters. Researching the internet I saw that this is a modification of the ASC company and used to be in the Cadillac Eldorado, Deville on little information, the only thing I found odd about this car is the fender ship that half of the piece is chromed and sunroof. Would there be any modifications Mamera know that ASC did to my car?
Sorry for the extended text but in Spain there is not much information on this.

Appreciate it if SOME

See less See more
#7 ·
this car has touched a lot of sun and the letters are marked eldeora to vinyl. The strange thing that I see this car without knowing how is the front, are the protections of the rear wheels that are chromed and sunroof ... is there any way to know if the car is a eldeora?
Thank you very much for your contributions!

#24 ·
Wow- I just went through the flickr shots of the customized Cadillacs. I was in high school in the late 70's and remember some of these cars. Most of them are downright tacky, but I sure appreciate the time it took to compile this collection. Hartford Guy, have you ever seen a 1972 Lincoln Mark IV custom? After seeing all these pictures, I remember seeing a magazine article back then about some company doing the then new Mark IV as a wild total custom. I want to say it was called the Bugazzi? Ring any bells for you? If you find any pictures, let us know because I remember it being really wild. Thanks again, it sure was fun looking through all those pictures.

----------

As soon as I wrote this, I just googled Bugazzi, and sure enough, there it was. George Barris built several heavily customized 1972 Lincoln Mark IV's back when they were new. They were designed by Harry Bradley, who, among other things, designed the first Hot Wheels cars in the late 1960's. Google Bugazzi, and there are several pictures of one that sold recently. It is wild-marble door panels, persian rugs instead of carpet, full bar in the back, 24 ct. gold trim, wild body mods, the works. Check it out.

#12 ·
^I could swear I have seen that car someplace.

I have definitely seen it's surrounding scenery. Sort of scary that I am that familiar with Central Florida Classic Automobiles.

Anyhow, the Eldeoras that I am familiar with tend to have the "superfly" look to them, including "spare tyre" trunk humps, similar to my '72 Lincoln, "Rolls" style grilles and Landau Bars. I've seen them pop up on Craigslist every so often, but since I don't own a "$100 suit"...

I'm really not sure of the origins of these cars or who made them into "Eldeora" series cars.

#15 ·
jeje thanks, I'm using a translator.
The place where the car in the photos is my garage especially in Catalonia (Spain). What I do appreciate is that if the car is known to him and told me that if you know something about the car. Since I have only the body by Fisher and I know no more of the car ... I'm pretty lost but I've taken the project with great enthusiasm!

#18 ·
Hi Guys!

That is indeed an ASC elDeora. And in a wild color too. Persian Lime Green Firemist is a great color for 1974 Cadillacs.
ASC offered the eldeora package all through the seventies. You could order one with as many custom features as your budget allowed. ASC has been making special cars for the factory for decades. The most notable car they made was the 1984 & 1985 Eldorado Biarritz convertibles. Their aftermarket custom packages such as the elDeora were never factory authorized and probably annoyed the factory stylist for sure. But these cars do represent a period in time and a sub car culture, thus some people do collect and restore them.

You can't buy replacement parts other than used on Ebay or Craigslist. And you need to make sure they are ASC parts for the elDeoras, not the elClassico made by rival WISCO.

I'd love to see more pics of that Lime elDeora. Post more when you can. The grille, trunklid etc.

The more I look at the photos you posted, the car appears not to have an elDeora roof. It could be that someone just added an elDeora emblem they found. The extra chrome trim on the rear wheel skirt is odd. I've never seen that on any elDeoras or anyother custom Cadillacs of this era.

#55 ·
Hi Guys!

That is indeed an ASC elDeora. And in a wild color too. Persian Lime Green Firemist is a great color for 1974 Cadillacs.
ASC offered the eldeora package all through the seventies. You could order one with as many custom features as your budget allowed. ASC has been making special cars for the factory for decades. The most notable car they made was the 1984 & 1985 Eldorado Biarritz convertibles. Their aftermarket custom packages such as the elDeora were never factory authorized and probably annoyed the factory stylist for sure. But these cars do represent a period in time and a sub car culture, thus some people do collect and restore them.

You can't buy replacement parts other than used on Ebay or Craigslist. And you need to make sure they are ASC parts for the elDeoras, not the elClassico made by rival WISCO.

I'd love to see more pics of that Lime elDeora. Post more when you can. The grille, trunklid etc.

The more I look at the photos you posted, the car appears not to have an elDeora roof. It could be that someone just added an elDeora emblem they found. The extra chrome trim on the rear wheel skirt is odd. I've never seen that on any elDeoras or anyother custom Cadillacs of this era.
Hello, I have what I believe to be an ElDeora as it has the ElDeora script on numerous body panels, but I do not have any documentation to prove.I do however have some pictures that I can share if someone is willing to give their opinion. My email address (please excuse) is nismovspecskyline2@Gmail.com and I can share them in response. Thank you.

#26 ·
Thats how it started for me. But I am terrible at remembering to back up my files so I would loose all my pics whenever my computer crashed. LOL So by uploading all my photos to Flickr they are safe. Especially nowadays that we all use digital cameras. It is an easy way to share vacation photos too.

----------

A couple of years ago I was looking at a 74 Newport forsale on both Ebay and Craigslist. It was nice and almost a dead ringer for my first car I had in High School. I passed on it. Six months later it was forsale in Lakeland. It was the exact same car (I compared the photos. Same original dealer emblem on the trunk, same options) that was now detailed to show quality. I was drooling. Unfortunately they added 10 grand to the asking price. So it is all about presentation sometimes.

#28 ·
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Hood Auto part

Hello first of all give thanks for help on the subject, here I posted some extra photos. The photo on the front is just like me i found it.
I have the number Body by Fisher that what I read on the internet appears to be rare. The Body by Fisher is 6CD47FWD .... Anyone know what could it mean?

Would there be any way to know if a eldeora original? The company still exists to ask if I could say something? Thank you very much and greetings

#31 ·
View attachment 102745

I forgot the photo of the front such as me i found it!
Did you buy the car this way? Do you have the motor and other front end parts? And, it is hard to tell from the pictures-is the car just really dirty from years of sitting, or has the paint oxidized? Or, has the car been flooded? I would think putting that car back together would be a real challenge even in the states-how hard is it going to be for you to get parts where you are? Good luck, and the people here will be happy to help you any way we can.

#39 ·
Ok, I see you are committed to bring back to life this poor caddy. As you have seen in the pics provided by HartfordGuy the car may be really beautiful once it´s restored. Another issue you have to check is accessories and electric system (power windows, locks, lights, wipers, climate control, seats...) as electric problems may be another source of headaches in these cars.

The only Eldeora elements on this car seem to be the scripts on the "C" pillar and maybe the rear fender skirts so most probably you will not need any part specific for Eldeora versions.

Now the first task you will have to face is finding a 472 cadillac engine and a TH (Turbohydramatic) 400 transmission. A friend of mine has one of these transmissions (rebuilt) and he is willing to sell it but he lives in Madrid too.

You will also need a good shop manual to repair the car. You can buy it from Ebay.com: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...kw=74+cadillac+shop+manual&_sacat=0&_from=R40

It´s a great help and will guide you in detail for every repair you have to do in this car. I bought a CD like the first (for 1969 cadillacs) on the list, including the body shop manual. You can print the pages you need in every moment. Usually you will receive it in 7-10 days.

#41 ·
Hello, I have you to give thanks again so I ayudays. I bought the book haynes repair manual cadillac deville, idk if will be useful, so buy another car I have (a '85 Pontiac Fiero GT) and served me very useful ... Now I'm talking to companies so they tell me may have something to do with the old ASC have if I can find the body by fisher on my car some more information. I'll tell you! If the truth is that the parts of the rear wheels are very rare, I have not seen anything like it on the Internet.

Greetings!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.