Coupe Deville '74 Eldeora - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Coupe Deville '74 Eldeora in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by isug Attachment 102745 I forgot the photo of the front such as me i found it! Did ...
    Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

Re: Coupe Deville '74 Eldeora

Quote Originally Posted by isug View Post
    Attachment 102745

I forgot the photo of the front such as me i found it!
    Did you buy the car this way? Do you have the motor and other front end parts? And, it is hard to tell from the pictures-is the car just really dirty from years of sitting, or has the paint oxidized? Or, has the car been flooded? I would think putting that car back together would be a real challenge even in the states-how hard is it going to be for you to get parts where you are? Good luck, and the people here will be happy to help you any way we can.

bigm57ict is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1979 Coupe deVille

You may be better off with a base Coupe Deville. Finding replacement parts for an ElDeora conversion could be quite a challenge.

All Cadillacs (and all GM cars for that matter) of that time say "Body by Fisher".

----------

The Body by Fisher is 6CD47FWD .... Anyone know what could it mean?
    6 = Cadillac
    CD = Deville
    47 = 2-door

isug is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Coupe Deville '74

yes, this is what I econtrado internet but the body by fisher fwd mean? Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by bigm57ict View Post
    You may be better off with a base Coupe Deville. Finding replacement parts for an ElDeora conversion could be quite a challenge.

All Cadillacs (and all GM cars for that matter) of that time say "Body by Fisher".

----------

6 = Cadillac
    CD = Deville
    47 = 2-door

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 78 Coupe View Post
    Did you buy the car this way? Do you have the motor and other front end parts? And, it is hard to tell from the pictures-is the car just really dirty from years of sitting, or has the paint oxidized? Or, has the car been flooded? I would think putting that car back together would be a real challenge even in the states-how hard is it going to be for you to get parts where you are? Good luck, and the people here will be happy to help you any way we can.
    Exactly, buy the car in this way, I need exterior flap on the driver and the driver's door ... I'm in the engine treatment to acquire the engine and the transmission. If anyone can help me with pages of spare car would be very grateful!

Thank you for your contributions!
    PS: here in Espanya (where I live) American cars are much appreciated, but many have been left to lose, this cadillac lleba 15 years here in Spain not work. And I think it has never been registered here to Spain.

----------

Hi Thanks for your input.

I commented, with everything you say, I think you're right!
    This car has been here for many years in Spain I think over 20, I doubt anyone here in Spain poniera eldeora plate as here, by the culture that nobody knows!
    The picture I have passado of Paris takes about Cadillac hubcaps than mine lleba not.

It could be that the change is not complete? Bone that you just put some things at the request of propetiario.

Actually I'm very lost on the subject there any way to know the true? The ASC company still operating?

Thank you very much to all.

Greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by HartfordGuy View Post
    Sorry to say, but I don't think that car is an elDeora. The roof is a standard production type. The power sunroof was a factory option as well. The interior looks to be stock original too. The hood does not have an added Chrome grille cap. The doors do not have the extra vinyl padding on the exterior tops that the elDeora package included. The only odd feature is that extra chrome on the rear wheel opening skirt. Which is not on any other part of the car. Somehow that eldeora emblem was with the car.

Here is a photo from the 74 sales catalog. The top shows the half top on your car. The bottom shows the car with a full top.

Below: a photo of one that color in Paris.

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

The company ASC does still exist. But it is not the same company it was then. They merged with Webasto years ago. Webasto was the former WISCO.

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    I'm a big fan of your photo collection and have enjoyed many nights looking through them. Thank you for making them available to all. I advise anyone who loves Cadillacs (and has a couple of weeks to spare) to check them out!
    ... And me too. Congrats for such an amazing photo collection

regards
    Regristro know if there are any changes to ASC about cars they did?

yes, this is what I econtrado internet but the body by fisher fwd mean? Thanks for your input!
    Hi isug,

Welcome to this forum. As you have already seen, in this forum there is a lot of people willing to help with a lot of experience on cadillacs.

FWD use to mean Fleetwood, one of the versions of most of the cadillac models in that period.

I am from Madrid and have been restoring a '69 Sedan DeVille, in better condition than yours. You can take a look to my restoration thread if you have some time: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...storation.html

As Mark said above, restoring this car without an engine or transmission, upholstery in such a bad condition and body needing a good restoration will be a hard test (beware of rust in the floor pan, trunk pan and lower fenders). Maybe some other cadillac for sale now in Spain (even if you have to fix some issues) will require less money at the end of the day.

You can send me a pm (private message) if I can help you from my experience restoring my caddy in Spain. Puedes hacerlo en espaņol.

Best luck in your project

Quote Originally Posted by CADforce69 View Post
    Hi isug,

Welcome to this forum. As you have already seen, in this forum there is a lot of people willing to help with a lot of experience on cadillacs.

FWD use to mean Fleetwood, one of the versions of most of the cadillac models in that period.

I am from Madrid and have been restoring a '69 Sedan DeVille, in better condition than yours. You can take a look to my restoration thread if you have some time: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...storation.html

As Mark said above, restoring this car without an engine or transmission, upholstery in such a bad condition and body needing a good restoration will be a hard test (beware of rust in the floor pan, trunk pan and lower fenders). Maybe some other cadillac for sale now in Spain (even if you have to fix some issues) will require less money at the end of the day.

You can send me a pm (private message) if I can help you from my experience restoring my caddy in Spain. Puedes hacerlo en espaņol.

Best luck in your project
    hello, I like someone who has come closer to me! I have only had a weekend to devote to the car since arriving. My first observations are what eldeora plate that is making me nervous now lol and I got all the front (which was) and I have started to remove the interior. The car tine some rust but nothing rotten trunk plate is perfect, I think it's just i clear outdoor upholstery repair. I think it is worth it to repair it because now find cheap but I do not care is my illusion and this car will return to filming. Thanks for offering your help, I guess your post necessitare mirare and the restoration ...

Ok, I see you are committed to bring back to life this poor caddy. As you have seen in the pics provided by HartfordGuy the car may be really beautiful once itīs restored. Another issue you have to check is accessories and electric system (power windows, locks, lights, wipers, climate control, seats...) as electric problems may be another source of headaches in these cars.

The only Eldeora elements on this car seem to be the scripts on the "C" pillar and maybe the rear fender skirts so most probably you will not need any part specific for Eldeora versions.

Now the first task you will have to face is finding a 472 cadillac engine and a TH (Turbohydramatic) 400 transmission. A friend of mine has one of these transmissions (rebuilt) and he is willing to sell it but he lives in Madrid too.

You will also need a good shop manual to repair the car. You can buy it from Ebay.com: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Itīs a great help and will guide you in detail for every repair you have to do in this car. I bought a CD like the first (for 1969 cadillacs) on the list, including the body shop manual. You can print the pages you need in every moment. Usually you will receive it in 7-10 days.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Cadforce, do you have a service or body manual for your car?

Hello, I have you to give thanks again so I ayudays. I bought the book haynes repair manual cadillac deville, idk if will be useful, so buy another car I have (a '85 Pontiac Fiero GT) and served me very useful ... Now I'm talking to companies so they tell me may have something to do with the old ASC have if I can find the body by fisher on my car some more information. I'll tell you! If the truth is that the parts of the rear wheels are very rare, I have not seen anything like it on the Internet.

Greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by csbuckn View Post
    Cadforce, do you have a service or body manual for your car?
    Yes, I bought a CD with both for the `69 model. Iīm very happy with it

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

The Haynes manual for Fiero is useful because Fiero was only built for a short time and never changed in that time. For Cadillac the manual CadForce listed is vital to the project. There were so many models and options and changes over the years covered the Haynes will often confuse more than help.

I love Fiero's. I had a 1984 SE and was working at a Pontiac dealer for all the years they sold them except the last two. I hope to pick a fastback GT with T-Tops someday if I can find a nice one. I would love to see photos of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    The Haynes manual for Fiero is useful because Fiero was only built for a short time and never changed in that time. For Cadillac the manual CadForce listed is vital to the project. There were so many models and options and changes over the years covered the Haynes will often confuse more than help.

I love Fiero's. I had a 1984 SE and was working at a Pontiac dealer for all the years they sold them except the last two. I hope to pick a fastback GT with T-Tops someday if I can find a nice one. I would love to see photos of yours.

Hello, do not know why but it will not let me hang more photos!

----------

Greetings again,

I will explain how my research on the subject eldeora!
    Send an email to American Sunroof and Leather, and was told that they had nothing to do with the subject of eldeora and got a telefon number of someone I could answer questions.
    My problem is that I do not speak English. So look for the phone on google and I came out they had dirrecion email, and send them an email, which incidentally I have no answer yet.

If I have someone who can tell me the body of my car by fisher if the old firm passado ASC to make some kind of conversion ..

Thank you very much to everyone for their help.

I think there is a limited storage for every account.

You can use an external server like this: www.postimage.org. Itīs pretty easy: Just selecting photos in your computer, upload and then you get the result of your pics uploaded with several codes. Use Hotlink (enlace directo) for forums or thumbnail (miniatura ampliable con un click) for forums. Copy codes and paste them on the text you are writing in your post.

Be patient. Maybe they take some days to answer. They usually have a lot of mails or maybe they are looking for information to answer you.

As they told you above, Fisher is the name of the division building car bodies in GM since 1926. All bodies of cadillacs, chevrolets, pontiacs, oldsmobiles, buicks... were built by the Fisher division: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_Body My 1969 cadillac -As GM cars of that age- has the same script on its door sill plates.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.