my 86 FWB 350 project ("hooptielac") thread - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, my 86 FWB 350 project ("hooptielac") thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by jayoldschool Tell me about the Pioneer double DIN! That would look nice in my RMW... It had ...
    cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool
    Tell me about the Pioneer double DIN! That would look nice in my RMW...
    It had radio, mp3 cd (plays cd's, cd-r's, and cd-rw's), and tape player (the face is actually motorized and slides down to reveal the tape deck). It has a 22 wpc rms MOSFET amp and a built in 13 band eq. It has 3 sets of line outs (front, rear, and sub). It has a pin out for a CD changer/ line in. It also has XM radio capability. It's a pretty nice unit (cost about $500 new). The guy lost the harness so I would have to get a harness for it. I already have someone in line who wants it when I get a harness for it and test it.

kntharty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 Flleetwood

Re: my 86 FWB 350 project ("hooptielac") thread

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    You're such a packrat, Kev!
    Best reason to own a car with a huge trunk

Dropped off my fillers....body guy said they cannot fill the 90-92 cladding holes because the filler will not stick to it and it would eventually pop out given how crappy the roads are here....anyone got any ideas on what I could cover the holes with...maybe a reflector or something?

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

The hole doesn't look that big. Can you carry the chrome rocker/lower fender mouldings over onto the fillers to cover it up? Or maybe a round-headed bolt or such (like a small carriage bolt) painted body color. I think a reflector would look odd.

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV
    The hole doesn't look that big. Can you carry the chrome rocker/lower fender mouldings over onto the fillers to cover it up? Or maybe a round-headed bolt or such (like a small carriage bolt) painted body color. I think a reflector would look odd.
    Thats a hole that was drilled into it (it's an 80-89 filler made to work with the 90-92 cladding).....the hole on the other filler is about 3 times that size....if he has any paint left over, I could maybe cut something and stick it in/ over the hole and paint it body color.

----------

I was thinking about a reflector like this (don't like the pattern, but I like the size)....I'd probably paint the edge chrome to make it look a little bit more normal

How about covering it over with a wreath and crest? At least it might look like it belongs. The reflector just says trailer park to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV
    How about covering it over with a wreath and crest? At least it might look like it belongs. The reflector just says trailer park to me.
    I'm looking through my emblems to see if I have anything that will cover the holes (which are about 2" above the top of the rocker chrome)....so far I have: brougham (x2), regency (x2) FE3 (x1) gran sport (x2) and hub cap crests (I have quite a few of these).
    I could also maybe find some AAA stickers (or some other small bumper sticker) to put over them
    or I could just leave the holes there because no one but me will care about them.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

I'm having the same issue. I like the reflector and the crest idea. Just dont know if you'd be able to find an emblem that big.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    I'm looking through my emblems to see if I have anything that will cover the holes (which are about 2" above the top of the rocker chrome)....so far I have: brougham (x2), regency (x2) FE3 (x1) gran sport (x2) and hub cap crests (I have quite a few of these).
    I could also maybe find some AAA stickers (or some other small bumper sticker) to put over them
    or I could just leave the holes there because no one but me will care about them.
    Back in the 60s, after the Brougham option was introduced for the Sixty Special, the latter got a rather large wreath and crest just ahead of the taillight at about midheight on the body, while the Brougham got a small wreath and crest on the C pillar. Modify a trunk lock cover and attendant wreath, and it should work while being a nice nod to history.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Cut a piece out of another filler and glue it in place with bumper repair two part. Once sanded and painted, it will be mint.
    77CDV and 77CDV like this.

Kevin, any idea of what you're gonna put over the hole in the filler? I've been looking on ebay but havent found anything thats made me say yea. Its 2 3/8" by 3/4" hole. The only thing I saw that would be a maybe would be a simple "custom".

Quote Originally Posted by csbuckn
    Kevin, any idea of what you're gonna put over the hole in the filler? I've been looking on ebay but havent found anything thats made me say yea. Its 2 3/8" by 3/4" hole. The only thing I saw that would be a maybe would be a simple "custom".
    I was thinking a reflector with silver around the edge with the cadillac crest and wreath in the center (like the ones from the sides of the seats/ C pillar reading lamps that are super tiny).
    Aside from that, I got nothing. I have some caddy brougham scripts but smaller) but that would be redundant.
    I'll be picking up the fillers monday (body shop painted them yesterday), so I'll figure something out.

I kinda like the idea of the custom reflector. I'll be watching here for your idea and ebay for other scripts. I found a couple people on LIL that will make whatever type of emblem you want for about $120 but the communication hasnt been what I want(day between emails) and they didnt say if they could do my design so I didnt send any money.

got my fillers back. for $115 total (buying and getting them painted), I'm happy.

77CDV and 77CDV like this.

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

that's a great deal for $115!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.