LOW MILEAGE 1979 Coupe deVille - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, LOW MILEAGE 1979 Coupe deVille in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; From my experience, I've noticed that cars from the south tend to lose their fillers, every old car seems to ...
    Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

Re: LOW MILEAGE 1979 Coupe deVille

From my experience, I've noticed that cars from the south tend to lose their fillers, every old car seems to be missing them, is it the humidity? I see cars on eBay from the southwest and west and they look fine. Cars in Minnesota, despite the cold temperatures, tend to have original fillers, even in the junkyard. My 79 still has the original fillers in excellent condition, it was a garage sitter in Wisconsin most of its life until I acquired it 7 years ago, when the car spends time in Florida I find the fillers need constant care, cleaning, and waxing. Up north the fillers are fine with little attention.

CADIBLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 77, 78, 79 CDV's, 79 Sevlle Eleg, 90 & 91 Brghm d'Eleg's

If you want some good (world class) advice on what you should do with the car and what it will truly take to properly preserve this car, please contact Matt Garrett ... he is a close friend of mine ... his direct number is located at the bottom of his webpage.

Check out his webpage ... I'm sure it will inspire the confidence needed to realize he will have the best advice for someone in your situation, with a car like yours. Matt has some of the best low mileage Cadillacs in the world.

Matt's website:

www.gm-classics.com

Tell him Dan sent you.

Regards,

CADIBLAC.

HUF
    HUF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FWB 100,*** miles CURRENT. 1991 Seville 175,000 SOLD

Congrats! I would not care of plugs and wires but would definitely replace coolant.

Quote Originally Posted by CADIBLAC View Post
    If you want some good (world class) advice on what you should do with the car and what it will truly take to properly preserve this car, please contact Matt Garrett ... he is a close friend of mine ... his direct number is located at the bottom of his webpage.

Check out his webpage ... I'm sure it will inspire the confidence needed to realize he will have the best advice for someone in your situation, with a car like yours. Matt has some of the best low mileage Cadillacs in the world.

Matt's website:

www.gm-classics.com

Tell him Dan sent you.

Regards,

CADIBLAC.
    Brown nosing, as we said in the late 70's and early 80's - to the max.
    CADIBLAC and CADIBLAC like this.

Oh whatever Bro-Ham ... the guy is legitimately asking for direction with his ubber-rare car (the Unicorn of Coupe DeVilles, if you will) ... and we've got a bunch of "know-nothings" telling him to "live it up and drive the car" ... "you only live once" (kinda mentality) ... how ignorant!! ... how selfish!! ... how sad to think people would say to drive something so rare (like shooting the last Panda cuz you were cold and wanted a black and white hat, for your head) ... they only made ~130,000 of these coupes!!!! ... go buy one, to "DRIVE", if that's what you want to do; there are plenty of super-nice 10,000 mile ones, out there, to "drive" (don't drive, potentially, the best one in the world) ... I was trying to give him some direction, which he was asking for, NOT brown-nosing ... but whatever. Someone has to cut through the mire and crud on this (and most) forum ... so if my words seemed a little "over the top", so be it ... I had to distance myself from the "herd" of know-nothings, somehow (and it worked).

... so if my words don't sit "well", with someone like you, I care not, so long as it saves a super rare car from the hands and minds of idiots (which is what 99% of the folks, on most forums, are), I'm happy with whatever you want to label me as.

The good news is, this gentleman is in the 1% group, on this forum, and had the good sense to reach out to Matt. :-)

You, Bro-Ham, apparently are part of the "99%-Club", here on this forum, after making your earlier statement of, ... (and I quote) ... "I personally would drive the Hell out of it" ... (just a selfish-narrow-minded-idot, would say something like that).

So I'm a Brown-Noser and you're a selfish-narrow-minded-idiot (at least it seems) ... either way, I certainly like your assessment of me better than my assessment of you.

Keep your comments to yourself in the future, Bro-Ham ... I was only trying to help someone who was legitmately asking for help ... as your comments were of no help to him nor the car.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Please, gentlemen. Chill. Stop name calling. We are above that around here.

Robin Banx is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Fleetwood Brougham

^^ Sometimes I wonder.

R.

Very classy. Cocktails are a good cure for humorlessness.
    77CDV, 77CDV, Gman1023 and 1 others like this.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

How about them Dodgers?

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

I think when it comes to investing with a friend, its always best to stick to the plan. So if flipping it was the goal, thats probably the safest bet. If I'd bought that without investing with a friend, I'd definately drive it.

BRO-HAM ... YOUR SMART-ASS COMMENT WAS OFF-TOPIC (and not called for) ... just stay on topic, or "SHUT-UP" ... extremely simple - try it.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by CADIBLAC
    BRO-HAM ... YOUR SMART-ASS COMMENT WAS OFF-TOPIC (and not called for) ... just stay on topic, or "SHUT-UP" ... extremely simple - try it.
    And your comment is called for?

Sorry that the "99%" of us like to enjoy our old cadillacs and
    drive them as they were meant to be driven instead of keeping them cooped up in a garage year round where no one gets to enjoy them. There's no point in owning a car if you never drive it.
    If I had a car with under 1k miles on it, I would drive it every once in a while. It won't hurt the value to drive it to the occasional show or night on the town. I do that with my lesabre and put under 1000 miles a year on it, and still get to enjoy a low mileage car. And shockingly, it hasn't hurt the value one bit (quite the opposite, the value has gone up as it gets older.)
    Bro-Ham, Bro-Ham, 77CDV and 5 others like this.

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

I've noticed lately that more people are getting emotional in their responses? I agree, post to the car issue and bite your lip. It takes a better man to refrain!

TimeCapsuleDeVille is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 Coupe deVille
    While I appreciate everyone's feedback, I am saddened to find that even Cadillac's "standard of the world" is not immune from the common bickering that plagues most any online forum.
    Bro-Ham, Bro-Ham, 77CDV and 5 others like this.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

That's it. I asked people to be civil, but it looks like that isn't going to happen. I've issued a warning. There will be post (or thread) deletions, and infractions if there are any off topic posts. Let's get back to talking about cool old Caddies.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.