New to caddys n forums - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, New to caddys n forums in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; kinda sticks out this is the olds 307...
    Boufo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1989 fleetwood

Re: New to caddys n forums

kinda sticks out

this is the olds 307

i have more

i have more

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    That install looks nice. I bet it's a 1000% improvement over that 307 (bet it gets better mileage too). Also, I can't say I've seen many fwb's with clean undersides like that (then again, MO is part of the rust belt).

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

lol, we did ask for pics! To help others: the frame crossmember is notched for the AC compressor. It's mounted low on the LT1 B/D cars (and their frame is factory dimpled). What did you do for mounts, speedo, and AC function?

i bought a/c hose for a impala ss i bent it to fit i have a fitting on order because the acummulator has differnt treads the speedo i order a little trick box that converts the speed sensor n has a cable that run the manual speedo cost is 325 plus shipping still waiting on it i also added a 3200 stall converter to help it launch. i am looking for a rear end from a limo i bought one for my friend the other day i need one more its a huge one 9.4 ring n pinion but comes with a posi n 3.73 gears i was lucky bought the car on ebay for 2G's n drove it back 1200 miles from Alabama to Boston it was slow my god hahahaha but now it flys. i haven't driven it too much until i put the speedo converter in because the trans thinks its in park.

The motor mounts i used Impala SS ones n just welded them after i set the motor in place. i have more pics too but i will post later let u digest these first lol.

i also had to make a new drive shaft because the old one was too short i got lucky found a drive shaft from a 67 Chevelle vert that was too long added u joints n shortend it i got the shaft for free thanks to my friend mike. cost 160 to shortend n balance n new u joints.

Seville fan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1986 Fleetwood Brougham

Great looking car. Love the shots of the fins hanging out of the garage door. White Caddy + tinted glass + performance rims, there's nothing else like that around. With an engine to back it up. Sweet ride!

How did you get the undercarriage so clean? Is that how it came from the factory or did you repaint? Is the factory all body color under there or is there some black detail paint too?

its all body co;or i didnt repaint anything i just wiped the floors clean the car had never seen salt but i had to drive it back new years day i only painted the frame because it was getting surface rust from driving it in when i got home i took off the rear wheels n the center of the hub was still bear clean metal like the way it was built i cleaned the grease of the cross member in the engine bay that was clean rust free metal too the car is super clean i love it now with the motor trans tires n steering box its like a sports car i cant wait to add big sway bars to add more grip in the corners i will not change the springs or shocks they r in good shape n the car ride nice no float at all it does fry first n second gear with ease. i am happier than a pig in shit. i put it on my lift just to look at it under neath its so clean. i will be buying a 2 door when i find the right car n colors it has to be super clean that will get a LS swap. i will add to my stable of misfits i own

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Nice looking car. Suggests performance and personal taste while respecting the car. Like!

I love my caddy can't wait to get everything done n hit the track n the road. Plusr I out caddy emblems in the SS have to make it a caddy part

Classic L is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 Concours / 88 Broughm D'el / 76 Coupe D'el

Welcome to the forum! I'm new here too, but have been owning Caddies since '88. I was scrolling through your pictures and said, "wait a minute! That's a MA lic plate." Then I looked and noticed you are from Wakefield. I live in Boston. Glad to know of someone close who has successfully done engine swaps too. Once I get my hands on another 85, I plan to swap out or rebuild the engine and big up the trans. More power would be fantastic, though I would like to keep as many bells and whistle in the navigator compartment as possible. In any case, thanks for sharing and the inspiration. Many years of happiness to you with your caddy and other cars. I'll keep my eye out when I'm on 95...

chaztuna is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info and people in here. Can't wait to see the pictures. You can use photobucket to host the pictures, its better that way. Enjoy your stay!!
    MrHolland..i am a newbee and need some help. would you be willing to send a note to me at my email charlie@scottbburg.com so we can talk "offline". thxs...chaztun a

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.