Power Module - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Power Module in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Use grease on the drill bit. It will hold most of the chips and a variable speed drill. Less dust. ...
    carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: Power Module

Use grease on the drill bit. It will hold most of the chips and a variable speed drill. Less dust. This motor lays at the top of the housing, so being real tight is not mandatory. I use DUM DUM around the motor flange to have an air tight seal between it and the housing.

j2rossit is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 FW Brougham, 68 Wildcat 'vert, 92 & 96 Roadmaster Wagons

You could always do a temporary investigation by cleaning a bare metal part on the blower motor, and clamp (vice grips or something) the wire that goes to the module and check to see if it fixes your problem before you spend too much time.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*

^I may just do that, because there could be a break in the ground wire, and I don't feel like dredging it out of the harness to find out.

Tennesseestorm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I am currently having a problem with the blower on my '93 (after spending $120 at the dealer 3 weeks ago to check the HVAC). Example - this evening coming home my car started getting cool inside (it was about 42° outside), I even put the temperature up to 90° and set on high and the blower never came on (after it had already been running for about 15 minutes). No matter what I pushed, the blower would not come on. I hate to say it, but this car has had a crappy HVAC since I have purchased it. When coming home in a snow storm the other evening, I had the defroster on high and I could not even get the windows to defog (and yes, the A/C compressor was kicking on like it was supposed to). Its like enough air is not coming out, which was one of the reasons I took it to the dealer - as well as it not blowing out anywhere except defroster vents - which they repaired by replacing loose/broken HVAC vac lines. I am taking it back first chance I get. I didn't pay $120 for nothing.

This morning I was trying to leave for work, it was in the mid 20s. I no sooner set in the car, took 5 breaths of air and the windshield steamed up and froze, it took forever for the blower to kick on. I was almost late for work. I guess I should have took my new car or Town Car to work. lol. That is one reason I like my Town Car over the Fleetwood, is because my Town Car has a much more effective HVAC system than my Fleetwood... at least in its current state of repair. lol.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*

The climate control system in your car is completely different than what is in mine. I believe the blower motor is controlled by a series of resistors, as opposed to a Power Module.

You may be able to get better assistance with your issue if you start another thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.