303 UV protectant
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 303 UV protectant in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The stuff might be indeed providing a decent protection and I have been using it on the vinyl top for ...
    HUF
    HUF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FWB 100,*** miles CURRENT. 1991 Seville 175,000 SOLD

303 UV protectant

The stuff might be indeed providing a decent protection and I have been using it on the vinyl top for three years. Nevertheless, the ease with which it dissolves in water makes me wonder how much remains on the top after a 10 minute rain... 1%? 5%... Could be just a feel-good thing and waste of money ( a $16 bottle is only good for a few applications) for those of us whose cars are parked outside year around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: 303 UV protectant

I use it and love!!! My machine does sit in the garage unless its nice outside so I don't worry too much about it washing off. There is a little bit of "feel good" after I apply it, much like everything else I do for my car!!

drmenard is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood 81 deville

I also have been using it for over a year. It looks like it works.. After I had a new top on my 95 FB the guy gave me a bottle of 303 and said "put this on once a month and it will stay looking like new" ... So I have been and after it does still look new...Been using it on the new top on my 81 Deville. Looks good...

miller69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 cadillac fleetwood brougham 2009 srt8 challenger

I have used 303 for many years I first bought it in the USA on a trip, best vinyl conditioner I can find here in Canada. I have recommended it to many people but once I tell them it's a little more expensive, they usually say armorall is just as good. Oh well you get what you pay for.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Armor-all is nothing like 303. They should do some research before they put that on their top/vinyl.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I've tried 303, but had the same problem with it running in the rain (and it makes the top look dry as hell), so I don't use it. The sun over Ohio isn't that brutal, so it isn't much of a testament, but without any regular treatment, my vinyl top is in the same condition it was when I got the car six years ago.

Basically the best things you can do is keep the top clean and out of the sun (park under the tree on your neighbor's lawn). I use Murphys Oil Soap to get all of the dust off and give the vinyl a nice wet shine; it may provide some kind of protection as well, but I don't know.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by sven914
    I've tried 303, but had the same problem with it running in the rain (and it makes the top look dry as hell), so I don't use it. The sun over Ohio isn't that brutal, so it isn't much of a testament, but without any regular treatment, my vinyl top is in the same condition it was when I got the car six years ago.

Basically the best things you can do is keep the top clean and out of the sun (park under the tree on your neighbor's lawn). I use Murphys Oil Soap to get all of the dust off and give the vinyl a nice wet shine; it may provide some kind of protection as well, but I don't know.
    Sven, is there a different consistency of murphys oil soap for cleaning and giving a wet shine (or does it do both things at once)? My top is always dirty (dusty) and looks like crap (well it looks dusty) except when its wet.

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

i also use murphy's oil soap on my top. I just pour it directly on the top and use paper towels or a washing towel to scrub it in good.

Love the look it gives the top. so clean and shiny

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

303 works great. I apply 303 a couple times a year and the vinyl top on my car, and the interior plastic, still looks like new after 7 years of the car living outside for 2/3 of that time, and it holds up through days and days of hot Florida sunshine and tropical storms

303 should not come off if it is applied per instructions which is to spray on, then wipe to a low luster shine for full coverage.

If the vinyl on your car has previously degraded from exposure to the elements then 303 won't restore the original shiny layer your vinyl has already lost. At that point you need to constantly apply some other product to shine the vinyl to make up for what mother nature took away. If the vinyl on your car is shiny and like new then 303 will keep it nice.

I have used 303 for years, since the early 1990's, on both cars and boats, and I feel nothing works better.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Sven, is there a different consistency of murphys oil soap for cleaning and giving a wet shine (or does it do both things at once)? My top is always dirty (dusty) and looks like crap (well it looks dusty) except when its wet.
    No... I just pour a thin line across the center of the roof, and then wipe everything down with a damp rag. The oil soap removes the dust and leaves a shine.

HUF
    HUF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FWB 100,*** miles CURRENT. 1991 Seville 175,000 SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    303 works great. I apply 303 a couple times a year and the vinyl top on my car, and the interior plastic, still looks like new after 7 years of the car living outside for 2/3 of that time, and it holds up through days and days of hot Florida sunshine and tropical storms

303 should not come off if it is applied per instructions which is to spray on, then wipe to a low luster shine for full coverage.

If the vinyl on your car has previously degraded from exposure to the elements then 303 won't restore the original shiny layer your vinyl has already lost. At that point you need to constantly apply some other product to shine the vinyl to make up for what mother nature took away. If the vinyl on your car is shiny and like new then 303 will keep it nice.

I have used 303 for years, since the early 1990's, on both cars and boats, and I feel nothing works better.
    My top definitely saw some sunshine if not in Florida where the car spent most of its life then in NY. The vinyl is discolored and dry... I do not care much of the looks, just strive to make it last. I have been thinking of combination of 303 with following application of something not easily washable away with rain.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.