digital odometer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, digital odometer in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have read some other threads that have been all over the place with problems with the digital dash but ...
    maxjacks40 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Brougham

digital odometer

I have read some other threads that have been all over the place with problems with the digital dash but I have a 90 Brougham and just the odometer glitches; everything else works great. Sometimes its right on with the mileage which is only around 60,000 but alot of times it starts going crazy with a whole bunch of higher numbers, other times it just reads ERROR. I want to sell the car and i figured it would probably be good to figure this out before then. Any tips/suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Re: digital odometer

Its gone bad. I havent seen any type of repair available for these and they go out pretty often. I took a bad one apart and it was full of dust but I could see anything wrong with it. Might try taking it to a small electronics shop with a wiring diagram.

Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

Many years ago I had a 90 with the exact same problem. A local shop made an extremely simple repair that, in my case, fixed the problem. On the transmission, the speedo cable attaches on the side. He said he simply took the cable off ( it unscrews like a light bulb) and cleaned and lubricated the cable where it enters the transmission. He told me he had fixed several cars with that exact problem that way and it worked. Keep in mind this was maybe 10 years ago, so maybe your problem is different, but it is sure a cheap and easy first step. Good luck.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

The problem is in the digital dash itself like csbuckn said. There are a few places around that fix them and the dealer can do it too but the price isn't worth it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.