ECC Mind-games
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, ECC Mind-games in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I went out to the car this afternoon, and it was hot as hell, and the climate control wouldn't come ...
    sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

ECC Mind-games

I went out to the car this afternoon, and it was hot as hell, and the climate control wouldn't come on in any setting; all of the lights were working and I could hear the doors opening, but the blower wouldn't come on. So I rolled down the windows and pulled out of the parking spot. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, the blower suddenly came on full power. So I rolled up the windows, and five minutes later, the blower shut off again. I rolled the windows down, and the blower turned back on. It did that off and on all the way home.

I just replaced the blower a year ago, so I'm thinking it might be the programmer. But if anyone else has experienced this intermediate on/off issue, what was the problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Re: ECC Mind-games

Sounds like a loose ground for the blower motor.

Robin Banx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Fleetwood Brougham

^What Sam said. My 81 car did the same thing off and on until I re-grounded the blower motor. The ground attaching screw at the motor relies on the fibreglass A/C housing to anchor it and after a few removals and replacement of blower motors by heavy-handed mechanics, it doesn't tighten up all that well.

Cheers..............R.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Thanks. I checked the ground and it seemed tight, but I made sure. The blower seems to be working now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.