Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1993 Fleetwood : Radiator differences between 91-96 & Cooling issues

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  brougham 
#1 ·
Hi all my radiator in my '93 fleetwood seems to be going bad as well as the fan. Well more probable my fans went bad and the overheating caused my radiator to fail.

So after looking up prices for a new radiator I found 91-92 radiators for ~$150 and 94-96 radiators for ~$150 and then 93 radiators were a whopping $355. I see they have engine and trans coolers built into the '93 but so does some of the 94-96's in the description.

So what gives? Can i use a radiator from another year and be OK?

Also, my fan motor and/or sensor has gone bad for the fan that is controlled via water temperature. The fan that kicks on when the AC is turned on still works fine but the other ones just never kicks on. What should I do? replace the fan motor or test the sensor or just buy a junkie $30 universal fan and have it run all the time to aid in low-speed cooling?

AND one more thing, "low coolant" light continues to stay on no matter if the coolant is filled completely and system is bled of all air bubbles.

thanks for any and all help

See less See more
#2 ·
You can't use a 94-up. Different design, with the rad cap on the expansion tank, not the rad. I don't know if the 93 is one year only due to the one year only electric fan setup, but I would think (but can't promise) that 92 and earlier rads would work as long as you match the oil and trans cooler specs are matched. You may have to McGuyver the mounts for the fan. Buy one local. If it doesn't fit, exchange it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.