My first Fleetwood! "New to me" 1993 Fleetwood Brougham - pics, questions, etc. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, My first Fleetwood! "New to me" 1993 Fleetwood Brougham - pics, questions, etc. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by LostCyberSled Faded Crest - if it is the 1996 in Conover NC. I looked at it and ...
    Faded Crest is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '00 SDV, '94 & '99 Eldo, '03 DHS, '66 SDV

Re: My first Fleetwood! "New to me" 1993 Fleetwood Brougham - pics, questions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LostCyberSled View Post
    Faded Crest - if it is the 1996 in Conover NC. I looked at it and passed on it. ABS and Traction lights are on, Engine makes a noise and i don't believe its the A/C compressor like he says, Needs window glides installed in 3 windows and when I drove it it sounded like the Rear end was going out. IMHO.

I bought the one in Lexington, NC. Excellent place to buy from.
    LOL Looks pretty nice in pics though, doesn't it? You bought the red one?

LostCyberSled is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Re: My first Fleetwood! "New to me" 1993 Fleetwood Brougham - pics, questions, etc.

Yes it did look nice in the pic. But run away lol. The red one was really dark cherry and yes I bought it. Here it is. I waxed it..

95Cadillac.jpg

Nice. I see you got rid of the white letters... lol.

LostCyberSled is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

They looked horrible. I put 2 new tires on the front and its having an alignment Thursday. The top gets replace in 2 weeks. lol

It always blows my mind how anybody could put white letters on a Cadillac.... Only a redneck.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

One thread, two beautiful Fleetwoods!

Tennesseestorm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Yes, thanks! I plan to have good pics of mine up by late Sunday.

scurling is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '94 Fleetwood Brogham, '94 Fleetwood, 2010 SRX 4WD

Tennessestorm,

After getting caught out in a hail storm, I had all hail and door dent dings fixed by a "Paintless Dent Repair Shop". I was a little skeptical at first, but the local body shop farms out all of this type of work to the paintless dent repair guys. They charged me around $75.00 per dent. The results were super, and I've been parking out in "left field" of every parking lot since to avoid any new door dings. I probably have one of the few '94 Fltwd in the country with smooth exterior door skins.

Quote Originally Posted by scurling View Post
    ...I've been parking out in "left field" of every parking lot since to avoid any new door dings. I probably have one of the few '94 Fltwd in the country with smooth exterior door skins.
    Hope no right-handed power hitters come up to bat...

Thanks! Yeah, I may get it fixed for sure, but may wait until we either build our new garage, or buy a house with one. We are undecided on what we are going to do. I wanna wait, because we get too many hail storms and I dont have a garage right now and I think this is going to be a very bad year for severe weather. Its already been bad and its not even March yet.

Well I finally got the Caddy washed tonight, still havent got her waxed. I am hoping to this weekend if it dont rain, which it probably will. I will likely get some pics up Sunday at least, then by Tuesday after the waxing and interior detailing. I removed the fender skirts and washed really good up in there as well.

Anyway, she does have white walls, they were just so dirty you could not see them, lol.

Below are a few close-up pics after the washing, (some may seem like repeats from the other night, but they arent). The paint seems really nice, as well as the chrome. Again, hopefully pics of the entire exterior by Tuesday.

Cats had already been on it.... lol

I just can't believe you even looked at another care after you found this one! NICE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Faded Crest View Post
    I just can't believe you even looked at another care after you found this one! NICE!!!
    Thanks! Lol, yeah, I went and looked the '94 Fleetwood Brougham the next day, but it wasnt as nice as this '93. His had scratches, worn leather seats, cracked dash, it was missing and the CEL was on and he wanted more for his. I didnt even drive it. I went that evening and bought this '93. I am getting it to the shop asap to get the oil leak addressed and she will be ready.

scurling is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '94 Fleetwood Brogham, '94 Fleetwood, 2010 SRX 4WD

That car looks amazing. Very little fade on the plastic areas, the hood paint is superb. You should see my well worn '94. The hood is chipped, pitted, and cracks throughout the surface. Your '93 looks as good as my 2nd '94 Fltwd that was a funeral home fleet vehicle. It only had 28k miles 6 years ago (www.cardomain.com/ride/694011).

Can't wait to see your car once you get it all shined up.

SDCaddyLacky is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham, Past: 72 Sedan, 68 Coupe Deville

So Tennesseestorm, how would you compare this Fleetwood to your Town Car? Give us the ups and downs between the 2 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by SDCaddyLacky View Post
    So Tennesseestorm, how would you compare this Fleetwood to your Town Car? Give us the ups and downs between the 2 cars.
    Uh-oh... Just kidding... I have had both cars myself... and my own opinions, so I will be interested in his opinion since his perspective is so fresh...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.