My first Fleetwood! "New to me" 1993 Fleetwood Brougham - pics, questions, etc. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, My first Fleetwood! "New to me" 1993 Fleetwood Brougham - pics, questions, etc. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; tom, that interior is incredible. A nice interior is one of the hardest things to find on these cadillacs, mine ...
    cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

Re: My first Fleetwood! "New to me" 1993 Fleetwood Brougham - pics, questions, etc.

tom, that interior is incredible. A nice interior is one of the hardest things to find on these cadillacs, mine had 63k on it when I got it and the front seat was already on its way out. your front seat doesnt even look like it was sat in. That car was definitely well taken care of. oil leaks are minor.

Faded Crest is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '00 SDV, '94 & '99 Eldo, '03 DHS, '66 SDV

Re: My first Fleetwood! "New to me" 1993 Fleetwood Brougham - pics, questions, etc.

The key to the interior being so nice is probably that it was lady driven. A "little" old lady, he said. In my own experience, women-owned cars have the nicest interiors. But many times I have had to clean of layers of caked-on makeup from the gear shift and steering wheel, under which is usually a pristine leather wrap. Petite women also don't squash the seats. LOL. I recently saw a 1991 Front wheel drive fleetwood with the d'elegance seats with 185K miles, but the leather looked like it belonged in a 45K mi. car.

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

Nice car! Congratulations!

Tennesseestorm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    tom, that interior is incredible. A nice interior is one of the hardest things to find on these cadillacs, mine had 63k on it when I got it and the front seat was already on its way out. your front seat doesnt even look like it was sat in. That car was definitely well taken care of. oil leaks are minor.
    Thanks! Yeah, I am impressed with it. The seats/carpeting is nicer than that in my 1995 Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded Crest View Post
    The key to the interior being so nice is probably that it was lady driven. A "little" old lady, he said. In my own experience, women-owned cars have the nicest interiors. But many times I have had to clean of layers of caked-on makeup from the gear shift and steering wheel, under which is usually a pristine leather wrap. Petite women also don't squash the seats. LOL. I recently saw a 1991 Front wheel drive fleetwood with the d'elegance seats with 185K miles, but the leather looked like it belonged in a 45K mi. car.
    I agree with that. I was told that the lady was 80 years old when she "willed" the car to the man I got it from in 2009 and he drove it little. Luckily, no make-up build-up anywhere. Also, I am a guy, weigh 220 pounds, but I am going try my darndest to keep the interior nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    Nice car! Congratulations!
    Thanks!

Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

Hey man, congrats. I can't believe you bought the EXACT same car as mine! My 93 has the same sorta-silver-purple paint, matching top and leather interior. The only difference is that mine came with the gold package. I never posted pictures of mine, but our story is even the same. Mine was a one owner, 90+ year old lady, garage kept, but hate to best you, I only paid $2000 for mine, and nothing leaks! I hope you have the same luck with yours, and enjoy driving it, as I have with mine. Don't forget,get whitewalls asap!

----------

Hey, just had a thought. I looked at your pictures of the oil leak, and I think that your oil filter is loose. Look at all the oil dripping off the filter itself. Crawl under the car, and give the filter a half turn, wipe all the oil off, and see what happens. Then, immediately change your oil, especially if it has been sitting for a long time. Don't take a chance with your motor

Sounds cool! I wish mine didnt leak and I guess I will have to shell out some $ for repairs to that and to get the steering checked, but no biggie I hope. lol. I was lucky to even get this one... these are very hard to find around here for sale, so I grabbed it. lol. Yeah, I am going to clean her asap and the whitewalls too and will post pics asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 78 Coupe View Post
    Hey man, congrats. I can't believe you bought the EXACT same car as mine! My 93 has the same sorta-silver-purple paint, matching top and leather interior. The only difference is that mine came with the gold package. I never posted pictures of mine, but our story is even the same. Mine was a one owner, 90+ year old lady, garage kept, but hate to best you, I only paid $2000 for mine, and nothing leaks! I hope you have the same luck with yours, and enjoy driving it, as I have with mine. Don't forget,get whitewalls asap!

----------

Hey, just had a thought. I looked at your pictures of the oil leak, and I think that your oil filter is loose. Look at all the oil dripping off the filter itself. Crawl under the car, and give the filter a half turn, wipe all the oil off, and see what happens. Then, immediately change your oil, especially if it has been sitting for a long time. Don't take a chance with your motor

When you get it looked at for repairs make sure you take it to an honest, reputable mechanic. I would definitely stay away from any large chains like "Firescrew" or "Bad Year" if you know what I mean. If you go in one of those places asking them to look at your steering components and front end, those vultures start salivating. Hopefully you already have a guy you trust... If I need a repair that I can't do myself or don't want to do myself, I drive 30 miles right past a Firestone, and 2 or 3 other name brand places to my personal mechanic. It blows his mind that I drive that far to go to him but I know how crooked those big places are.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Since we haven't seen the outside yet all I can say is the inside looks nice!! And grey is hard to keep clean like that. If you shampoo the floor mats it should make them look good again too.
    When I got my 91 it had an oil leak under it like that and it ended up needing a new oil pan. When you're dealing with cars that age there's no point on passing on one just because of problems like that because once you find one that is alright it's only a matter of time before it starts leaking too. Unless it's already been fixed before.

BigCadMan_1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94FWB, 07Terraza, 09G5, It's a driveway of GM's

Your new caddy looks great, your leak may be coming from the "Oil Pressure Switch" or the back of the "Intake" all the best & keep us posted.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Oil leak looks like it is coming down the filter. Tighten it, to start.

Congrats, looks great.

Call a good PDR guy to take care of the hail damage. It will look brand new, cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCadMan_1 View Post
    Your new caddy looks great, your leak my be coming from the "Oil Pressure Switch" or the back of the "Intake" all the best & keep us posted.
    Definitely check yourself for the simple stuff first, you might just luck out. A bad oil pressure switch can sure throw some oil! Loose filter can do it, bad oil pan gasket, leaky valve cover at the rear... How long had the car been sitting?

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Nice deal, congrats and I like interior too . It is like new . Your car looks better than I expected it would be

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Wow. It's been said already, but man that interior is nice. A light color is tough to keep clean, too. Unbelievable.

Your oil appears to be coming from up top, too. Look at the torque converter cover - it's running down. That's a good thing - pretty much eliminates the rear seal as the culprit. You are leaking a lot of oil, though. Hopefully it's something simple.

LostCyberSled is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Faded Crest - if it is the 1996 in Conover NC. I looked at it and passed on it. ABS and Traction lights are on, Engine makes a noise and i don't believe its the A/C compressor like he says, Needs window glides installed in 3 windows and when I drove it it sounded like the Rear end was going out. IMHO.

I bought the one in Lexington, NC. Excellent place to buy from.

Quote Originally Posted by brougham View Post
    Since we haven't seen the outside yet all I can say is the inside looks nice!! And grey is hard to keep clean like that. If you shampoo the floor mats it should make them look good again too.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BigCadMan_1 View Post
    Your new caddy looks great, your leak may be coming from the "Oil Pressure Switch" or the back of the "Intake" all the best & keep us posted.
    Thanks! I will look into that asap.

Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
    Oil leak looks like it is coming down the filter. Tighten it, to start.

Congrats, looks great.

Call a good PDR guy to take care of the hail damage. It will look brand new, cheap.
    Thanks! Yeah, I am not driving it yet, I want to get it all cleaned up and checked out first. Hoping that leak is something simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded Crest View Post
    Definitely check yourself for the simple stuff first, you might just luck out. A bad oil pressure switch can sure throw some oil! Loose filter can do it, bad oil pan gasket, leaky valve cover at the rear... How long had the car been sitting?
    Thanks! Well not too sure, but I know that the guy I got it from that had owned it a couple of years after the old lady that was the original owner, he drove it on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy View Post
    Wow. It's been said already, but man that interior is nice. A light color is tough to keep clean, too. Unbelievable.

Your oil appears to be coming from up top, too. Look at the torque converter cover - it's running down. That's a good thing - pretty much eliminates the rear seal as the culprit. You are leaking a lot of oil, though. Hopefully it's something simple.
    Thanks! Yeah, I am going to get it on ramps asap and see what I can find out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.