84 Coupe Deville Project - Page 38
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 84 Coupe Deville Project in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Lighter than a new Camaro!...
    jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Re: 84 Coupe Deville Project

Lighter than a new Camaro!

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    Didn't know that. That camaro is one heavy car.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Yep. The new one will be on the ATS chassis.

caddy1983 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Fleetwood brougham 2 door

was wondering if these electric fans will fit my 1983 Deville delegance 4.1L V8 radiator. If yes how did you mount them,wire them(do I need the hardness as well)where do I put the temp sensor, do i need to change the thermostat to a lower degree for the fans could turn on at lets say 160 or 180 degrees etc.....
    Will these fit just right? are dual coolers better than one cooler? what exact year will I need for my conversion if I go with dual fans or one fan? which cars do you recommend I get them from. I have many local wrecking yards I can go to for these fans. Need help. Thanks

The fans were a custom install. They came from a 98 Deville and fit the radiator nicely. I bent some cheap steal and used the upper and lower shroud mounts for holding the fans in place. Aftermarket fan controller. My radiator temp sensor was stuck up into the radiator hose at first but that fried the fan controller so, after getting a new fan controller with a coolant temp sensor, I screwed it into the block. You want the fans to come on a little after the thermostat opens. If it comes on before the stat opens, it will run far too much. Keep the thermostat at stock temp. I'm not sure if the electric fans work any better then the stock fan but it's quieter and the engine bay looks a lot better. Not sure what cars to grab fans from but the bottom feeding cars that don't have front grills will have stronger fans since they have limited air flow. Check the info on the fan controller you want to use because it will tell you which cars not to grab fans from. I believe the two speed fans are the ones to stay away from.

has there ever been a write up for a 1983 rwd cadillac electric fan conversion? will this free up some horsepower? I know it will clean up that area and eleminate the roaring sound the engine makes. Would love to do this conversion

No write ups that I've seen. It will not free up any horsepower in the 4100. I'll have to take a couple pics of my braces.

Thank you csbuckn also can you take some pics of the thermostat location as well as the temp. control and the fan mounts. Thanks

also need part# for the thermostsat housing and place where I can purchase this part. Not the housing which the upper radiator hose goes but the lower base where the o rings and the thermostat sit.

Damn, totally forgot to get pics of the fan setup, I'll have them today. I don't have a 4100 motor in my car, I have the 500ci in so I can't get you part numbers on the housing you need.

In other news, I'm installing the wide band air/fuel meter today. Also, I test fit the slicks and did four hits down by the river. My converter stalls at 2300 and I floor it at go. I had my friend with the built s10 in the car and he's worried now. He said I'm definitely gonna get him off the line. The slicks rub the chrome wheel well trims during turns. Also, going to Brainard international Raceway for an all day quarter mile Street car day on the 3rd.
    talismandave likes this.

Thanks csbuckn hopefully you can post the write up and part# and pics soon. Thanks again

If you remove the fan shroud, there will be a pocket for these electric fans to sit in. I just placed the fans in the pocket and made these brackets by bending metal, drilling holes at the ends and bolting them to the old shroud mount locations, top and bottom. They are held in place by pressure, nothing is bolted to them. The wiring is controlled by an aftermarket fan controller. The fan controller wiring vary depending on which one you buy.

4 hour drive to Brainerd International...and the cancelled the meet because rain was in the neighborhood. track was dry as a bone, no rain expected for two hours.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Well that sucks....

Yea, they cancelled 45 minutes before we got there. They don't do updates on the website. I was so upset, I spent $125 in gas just to see what the entrance to a speedway looks like. I called twice on the way and they said everything was good. There were a few nice cars there including a Corvette, Galaxy, Rambler, two imports, C10, 2 Mustangs...

I was so upset I can't explain it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.