84 Coupe Deville Project - Page 37
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 84 Coupe Deville Project in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just wall it off like pimpin NOLA!...
    talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,
    Just wall it off like pimpin NOLA!

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    Lol, I don't have the money or skill to do anything close to what he does.

Snow is going away and I was able to dig my car out. First mod was electric fans and a CS144 alternator. Getting a CDI ignition, weatherstripping and hidden switch panel soon. Just gotta dig the slicks out and hope they are still good to make it to the strip this year.

Fleetwood472 likes this.

A better look at the center console all done. Just put the switch panel in for sunroof, horn, fuel pump and tranny kick down. The tranny kick down is a fun little switch to play with.
    talismandave and nykid like this.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

Re: 84 Coupe Deville Project

Sam, I know you did it a while ago, but how hard is it to go floor shift on these cars? I'd love to have a floor shifter in the hooptielac (I know that means I'd have to redo the console, but I love floor shifters

Fleetwood472 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 Fleetwood w/ FI 472/ Switch pitch TH400

Sam, nice work man! That car is looking awesome. I see you went with electric fans. What setup are they out of? I was thinking about using one from a Lincoln Mark a while back but I think the motor sat too close. That was a single motor but it looks like dual motor works out pretty good clearance wise. Are they working out pretty good for you?

It wasnt that bad. The Seville shifter is cable driven and it moves the linkage on the tranny just like the mechanical linkage does. I left the mechanical linkage hooked up but removed the rod off the column. The shifter mechanism is bolted down through the floor pan with nuts underneath. I'll take pics of the bottom when I put it in the air again.

The fans are from a 98 deville. Its crazy, I have a single core radiator and these fans and it keeps it nice. The temp switch is from 195 to 205 and its been working great. Even at idle, it handles just fine but its spring. We'll see if it can handle the summer time heat. The fans measure 31 by 19, really quiet. The temp probe is stuck up the upper radiator hose at the thermastat, gasket sealer around the hose prevents any leaks.

Also got the CDI ignition hooked up. Just gotta find some wire looms to cover the wires.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Very nice job on the console. The floor shift is the crowning touch for buckets and console.
    csbuckn likes this.

Passed state inspection. They didnt even really care. He just asked where the frame came from and where the body came from, didnt ask about any other parts of the car. Closed the door for a 10 minute inspection, came back and said "done". I closed my hood and drove off. Gave me a reconstruction title and it says "..cant see frame vin sandblasted frame, vin in window is....". Works for me.

Robin Banx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Fleetwood Brougham

Sheeee-it! Lucky you. The C'najun auto gestapo in B.C. would have been all over you.

Cheers.........R.

Quote Originally Posted by csbuckn View Post
    Passed state inspection. They didnt even really care. He just asked where the frame came from and where the body came from, didnt ask about any other parts of the car. Closed the door for a 10 minute inspection, came back and said "done". I closed my hood and drove off. Gave me a reconstruction title and it says "..cant see frame vin sandblasted frame, vin in window is....". Works for me.
    they inspect your cars that close there? here they check the door vin/ dash vin and call it a day

It was a surprise for me also. I don't even have a door sticker. Also opened it up against a 545i off and on down the highway for about 20 miles. We stayed with each other, nobody pulled away.

Quote Originally Posted by csbuckn View Post
    It was a surprise for me also. I don't even have a door sticker. Also opened it up against a 545i off and on down the highway for about 20 miles. We stayed with each other, nobody pulled away.
    I'm guessing it was a newer one? I raced a newer 7 series a friend has ( it has like 400 hp and a 6 or 7.speed trans) and got destroyed by three lengths from 30 to 75. Granted my secondaries weren't opening and my car won't rev above about 3500 rpm

I'm not sure what year it was. It was fast and we probably got to about 120mph but my speedo does work yet.

Car weights 4,155 pounds without me in it according to a truck scale.
    outsider likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.