84 Coupe Deville Project - Page 34
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 84 Coupe Deville Project in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Getting things back together. Copper high temp gasket maker(700 degrees) has treated me the best when doing headers. I've had ...
    csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Re: 84 Coupe Deville Project

Getting things back together. Copper high temp gasket maker(700 degrees) has treated me the best when doing headers. I've had manifold and header gaskets and they both leak, the sealant doesnt. Use it at the collector also but it doesnt do as good, still better then collector gaskets. I think I'm gonna try using gaskets and gasket maker on the collectors this time.
    nebulosity likes this.

nebulosity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1984 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

That is really cool! I haven't heard of Copper high temp gasket maker, but now I have.

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

I have a tube of it i bought for my 69's exhaust manifolds but I never used it. Ended up just doubling up on the gaskets and that fixed the leak for me.

jsherid1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade, 77 CDV, 13 CTS-V Wagon, 06 911, 87 928S4

I really like the wheels in the last pic--really appropriate for the car!

Yea, the impala wheels had to go. I'll put them on when needed.

Motor is back together and running, no ticking noise FINALLY. Also running Rotella 15/40 for the first time, we'll see how it works out. Got space under the rockers and the motor sounds totally different now. You can really hear the cam now.
    outsider likes this.

Seville fan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1986 Fleetwood Brougham

I'm fairly new to these old Broughams and maybe Impala SS rims are becoming too old hat for you guys but I really like them. The car loses a lot with those wheelcovers and to me they don't go with the buckets inside. It was perfect before!

I like my stock wire wheel covers too, but would like to go to a wider tire, around 235. I know 235/70R15 would "work" on my stock 6" rims but I worry about too much of a balloon look and poor steering response. Not sure if the ride would be better or worse than with my 215/75R15s.

Anyone running 235/70R15 on stock 6" rims? How are ride and handling compared to 215, 225? I don't care about whitewalls (please don't shoot!)

Because of the unusual 5x5 bolt pattern there aren't a lot of wheel upgrades available for these cars. I'd love a new set of 15x7 Tru-Spoke wires but can't afford them.

Was thinking about the 17" SS wheels but those are hard to find in great shape, then you have the center cap issue, and now I'm hearing the perfect tire size for our Broughams - 255/55R17 - is no longer available.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by Seville fan
    I'm fairly new to these old Broughams and maybe Impala SS rims are becoming too old hat for you guys but I really like them. The car loses a lot with those wheelcovers and to me they don't go with the buckets inside. It was perfect before!

I like my stock wire wheel covers too, but would like to go to a wider tire, around 235. I know 235/70R15 would "work" on my stock 6" rims but I worry about too much of a balloon look and poor steering response. Not sure if the ride would be better or worse than with my 215/75R15s.

Anyone running 235/70R15 on stock 6" rims? How are ride and handling compared to 215, 225? I don't care about whitewalls (please don't shoot!)

Because of the unusual 5x5 bolt pattern there aren't a lot of wheel upgrades available for these cars. I'd love a new set of 15x7 Tru-Spoke wires but can't afford them.

Was thinking about the 17" SS wheels but those are hard to find in great shape, then you have the center cap issue, and now I'm hearing the perfect tire size for our Broughams - 255/55R17 - is no longer available.
    Those aren't wheel covers he has on now. They're 93-96 FWB aluminum lace wheels. I will say, I did like the rims better. They went with the sportier interior.
    Seville fan likes this.

I like them both. After a while I just wanna switch. I've got to race a 383 stroker s10 when I get it up and running so I'll put them on when we race. Maybe I should see if the 10" slicks will fit.
    Seville fan and nebulosity like this.

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

Quote Originally Posted by csbuckn View Post
    I like them both. After a while I just wanna switch. I've got to race a 383 stroker s10 when I get it up and running so I'll put them on when we race. Maybe I should see if the 10" slicks will fit.
    Please do record it and share. Would love to see you smoke his ass..
    nebulosity likes this.

I will. MN street outlaws! Lol

Seville fan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1986 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Those aren't wheel covers he has on now. They're 93-96 FWB aluminum lace wheels. I will say, I did like the rims better. They went with the sportier interior.
    Wow those ARE alloys! I know nothing about the whale generation, obviously :-) Will say that they come off as wheelcovers with the whitewalls on there.

The other console...

Don't know, maybe if I get the gloss off. Still looking for a black steering wheel.

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

If I recall, this body didn't have doors attached right? How hard was it and what you used to align door?
    Another thing I don't recall is asking this before or not, lol
    Shame on me...

It was a bit of a pain. I kinda put the door on and closed it, then threaded a few bolts on, then opened it and set it on a jack. Then I just jacked it up to the right level and tightened it. Took about 30/45 min per door. They close good, nice and tight but I have a feeling they don't swing out at the right angle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.