84 Coupe Deville Project - Page 28
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 84 Coupe Deville Project in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; As Sam is showing us, anything fits anything......
    jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Re: 84 Coupe Deville Project

As Sam is showing us, anything fits anything...

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    I do plan on using that ebrake more than a little

Jay, I do like how that console gets wider at the front but I'll try this one first.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    sam, how did you get the floor curve and dash bottom curve perfect? Paper template?
    Also, gotta say, I love that console. I guess you're gonna wrap it in leather (vinyl?) What do you plan on putting in the stack, and will you leave the ashtray functional or simply cover it up?
    I covered mine up because I don't smoke and to make it functional would take out a good part of the height of the center stack, which will be hiding a fuse block ,some relays, and a line driver, so I need the room (I also have vents for the floor heat).

I used cardboard to make a template and mdf for most of the console, the armrest is a thicker harder wood. My girl and I are gonna wrap it in orange vinyl tonight, no glue, just staples. Fabric store said it will work. I got some gauges for the stack that kinda flow with the car. Black faces with chrome bezels. I dont plan on using the tray. Gotta find a cigarette lighter socket to install somewhere.

Just playing about the orange, all black everything.

----------

Very nice man....mine is either poplar or walnut.
    I am going to bolt a factory B/C body armrest onto the top of mine (gonna try to find one with storage....if I can't find one in tan, mine is still mint)

----------

As for cig lighter, might I suggest either one from the door of a caddy or a conversion van (the ones in the back area seem to be a slightly modified version on the GM cigar lighter)

I was thinking an aftermarket dual socket setup somehow. I just wish mine was as wide as yours. Got one panel covered, the folds in the vinyl were too hard to get out but thats the part that sits under the dash so hopefully its not bad. First I put some batting down, then the vinyl. Might try to fix it in the morning.

I'm not sure how I was able to get away with such a wide console. The seats just barely touch the console (no indents in the seats, and they still move freely).
    I need to get a drivers side seat mech from a gen 1 S10/blazer/ etc so that I can make my drivers seat have the recline lever on the correct side. The lever is on the right side of the seat and is making the console sit crooked (about .5" off center at the dash).
    I'm gonna go to the junkyard tomorrow and measure the width of the trofeo seats and compare to my gen 1 bravada seats....I really want to get a set of 90-92 trofeo seats (they're really comfortable and supportive IMO) and get them reupholstered in tan vinyl (I like leather, but vinyl feels just as good and is lower maintenance).

For anybody thinking of stapling like I did, dont use mdf wood, the staples dont go in very good. It was upsetting me but I managed. Gauges are taking longer to come in.

Looks good sam. Personally, I'd make the center of it real wood and stain it to match the fake interior wood.....it would make it look factory

Thanks, I'm gonna find some glove box doors of the right grain and use them to make the inserts.

Carpet is a weak point of mine. It never sits flush on the floor when I get done. Is there a trick to it? It doesnt sit flush on the tranny hump. Youtube told me to use pre-made windshield bead to hold it down while I get it lined up.

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

Have you tried leaving it out in the sun for a couple of hours, so it'll loosen up a bit?
    Or maybe perhaps, steaming it?

Alright, ill turn the heat on in the garage for a while since we wont be seeing the sun here for a while.

Is that new carpet or original carpet?

New ACC carpet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.