84 Coupe Deville Project - Page 21
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 84 Coupe Deville Project in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I guess I'd rather not mess with the complete blue interior. I can always put the black in when I ...
    csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Re: 84 Coupe Deville Project

I guess I'd rather not mess with the complete blue interior. I can always put the black in when I get all the pieces. thanks, lol
    Still wouldnt mind knowing what other people like.

----------

Fleetwood472 and Fleetwood472 like this.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by csbuckn
    I guess I'd rather not mess with the complete blue interior. I can always put the black in when I get all the pieces. thanks, lol

----------

I was gonna suggest maybe trying a factory style 2 tone with half blue and half black.

Fleetwood472 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 Fleetwood w/ FI 472/ Switch pitch TH400

Car is looking awesome man. Tough call on the interior. Do you have the black seats still from your brougham? Are you going with the digital dash? I think black and blue interior would look pretty cool. All black would look nice on that car too. If you go all black you should 90 the dash. I know a lot of guys on LIL adapt a speed sensor in the speedometer cable but if you do go digital you should try this sensor:

http://www.painlessperformance.com/w...rchField=60116

It screws onto the side of the trans then your speedo cable screws onto it. I think it just wires to the buffer line that goes into the speedo. If I go digital in my fleetwood i'll try to let you know what all I used for the dash. That car is looking badass man. Those rims go nice with it too.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Black interior! A must!
    The-Dullahan and The-Dullahan like this.

The more I think about it, the more I want the black interior. The guy with the shell gave me an almost complete coupe interior. I dont have much from my 90 with the black interior. Wish I had the seatbelts.
    The-Dullahan and The-Dullahan like this.

I'll send you the seatbelts from my parts car. You make them work. Sound good?

Deal.

The-Dullahan is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

So I know I have been away for a while (both from the RWD forum and from the residence of my own project) but this has progressed immensely well since last time I checked in...I mean for one thing, the car is black now. (Black > Blue any day)

Definitely a fun project to catch up on.

And definitely go black on the interior. It is one of the best colours for these (Not just because it's black, but mostly because it is black)

Thanks Dullahan. Making moves to put the black interior in.

Got the back bumper on(cortisone shot working damn good). Took two full thick shims on one side and a half thin one on the other side to line it up decently. Color matched the bumper filler black. When I opened the bumper to put the new filler in, it was rusty so I scraped the loose stuff and sprayed bedliner type stuff inside, hopefully it gives me some more time before it comes through.

Some of the interior I got with the shell. One thing that I dont have that I thought I did is the door panels. I have the armrest but no panels.

You can see the headliner for the Lincoln moonroof in the background. Seats look dirty but hopefully they clean up well.

Fleetwood472 and Fleetwood472 like this.

Just dye the blue door panels for now with SEM or DupliColor. They'll look great if you prep them well.

Dye them with something other then spray paint? The guy also gave me a half dozen door panels but none in black, all leather. I'll pick the best ones.

Here is an aluminum seat rail that I got with the shell. The connections are different and it has a black box on it for something. Anybody know what the box is for?

My guess is memory seats?

caddywarewood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 cadillac deville

Awesome man i wish u had an video of everything your doing im gutting out an interior of an 77 cadillac deville carpet, dashboard, back and front seats....this is my first time ever doing this how difficult was it to do this and any special tools i might need

Everything is pretty simple, just dont rush with the dashboard. The parts that are the hardest are the trim pieces around the headliner and back window. They are hard to get off without breaking the clips. Plan on needing new clips if you pull the metal trim around the back window. Bring a battery if it doesnt have one so youbcan move the seats to get to the bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by csbuckn
    Everything is pretty simple, just dont rush with the dashboard. The parts that are the hardest are the trim pieces around the headliner and back window. They are hard to get off without breaking the clips. Plan on needing new clips if you pull the metal trim around the back window. Bring a battery if it doesnt have one so youbcan move the seats to get to the bolts.
    This. The dashboard is a PITA. You will need to remove the hush panels and dash top then look around for screws in the corner. There are 4 screws that hold it to the firewall. Be careful taking it out (I recommend 2 people so it won't twist).
    The trim around the back window will have clips break off, as will the trim that holds up the headliner above the doors (no biggee, but you will have to get new clips).
    As for seats, I always unbolt them from the bases and leave the bases unless I need them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.