84 Coupe Deville Project - Page 19
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 84 Coupe Deville Project in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Mount them on the doors like those found in the 90-92, but of course that'll require a lil modification here ...
    1980coupe is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

Re: 84 Coupe Deville Project

Mount them on the doors like those found in the 90-92, but of course that'll require a lil modification here and there.

----------

Furthermore, what are you gonna do about the drip rail trim above the quarter windows? Are you gonna weld back jn the lip and get yourself the correct length trim since the one it has is cut...

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    Didnt even notice the drip rail but I have the right trim. Not sure about that yet. I might just move the seatbelts over a little somehow.

1980coupe is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

I read on layitlow in the project rides where this guy was able to install the seatbelts in the correct spot despite the size of the astro roof being installed.I think it was a 44", is that the same size as yours?
    Cant recall name of topic...

Yep, 44" moonroof out of a lincoln. I'll take a look.

jayoldschool is online now GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Good call. I don't like the door mounts.

Got the moonroof mounted up. Seems to work good but it doesnt open up all the way. It opens most of the way but maybe there is a stop that I need to remove to get it to open the other 25%. Lost a little less then 2" of headroom. Also got the quarter windows cut up and ready for the trim. Gonna finish them tonight if the last of the motor mounts dont come in today. If they do come in, I'll be putting it on the frame.

I planned for about 2 months to do this. Yesterday was 2 months so a little behind schedule but hopefully its just by a week.

The best it gets. I had to cut and weld the tabs in a different spot but it lined up perfectly.

My girl lined the interior sunroof door with crushed velour and spray on stuff but the spray doesnt work that good so its coming down a little in the corners. We couldnt find anything in balboa blue. This will probably be coming back down to remove the stop thats keeping it from opening so I'll redo it.

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

Looking good! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Fleetwood472 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 Fleetwood w/ FI 472/ Switch pitch TH400

Hey CSbuckin,

Where did you end up getting your body mounts from? I haven't had any luck and I heard the polyurethane ones make it a pretty rough ride.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool
    Good call. I don't like the door mounts.
    Same here. They're annoying, and they don't always hold in a wreck. (My dad was almost killed in his cutlass when the retractor in the door didn't work -it would lock if you tugged on it, but it apparently didn't lock in the crash- his head hit the windshield)

I working on something to keep the seatbelts on the roof. I'll post pics if it works out. For the body mounts, I got 14 Anchor 2714 body mounts made for a bubble caprice/impala. They should work out. I'm just gonna lower the body slowly and fill any gaps with the spacers that I got off the car but the caddy mounts look to all be the same height. These new ones actually look just like the ones I pulled off the car. We didnt get the car together tonight but I'll let you know how they go on when we do get it together.

Also got the back window in. its the window from a vinyl top car but I kinda like the black outline around it. Plus I can use the vinyl top interior and it wont be seen from outside.

Fleetwood472 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 Fleetwood w/ FI 472/ Switch pitch TH400

Thanks for the info man. I'm going to be doing the ones on my 78 fleetwood soon. I heard on the bubble caprices the regular ones use metal spacers for the lower body mounts and the 9c1 cop car caprices use a heavy duty pink rubber lower body mount in place of the metal lowers. Have you heard that at all? Did your kit come with enough rubber mounts?

I didnt buy a kit, I just bought fourteen of this one mount. The lower rubber mount has a metal washer built in. All these mounts do have the lower rubber mounts with a metal washer built in. I was excited when I found them.

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by csbuckn View Post
    Also got the back window in. its the window from a vinyl top car but I kinda like the black outline around it. Plus I can use the vinyl top interior and it wont be seen from outside.
    That works out and looks great. Lucky you have a black body!

Robin Banx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Fleetwood Brougham

Sam.......these cars are notorious for water leaks underneath the panel between the back glass and the deck lid. The sealer used by GM appears to have been from some "lowest bidder" supplier which invariably dried out, cracked and let water in. My 81 car let more water in proportionally than the Titanic did when it sank. I neglected to get under those corners and re-seal them when I did the back glass replacement.

Cheers......R.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.