Cadillac Owners Forum banner

84 Coupe Deville Project

153K views 758 replies 45 participants last post by  jayoldschool 
#1 ·
Just picked up a new 84 Deville De'elegance. Blue on blue with the soft cloth seats. The outside looks good as does the inside. It has 142K with a bad tranny and a motor that wont idle down. I only had it running for 10 minutes but the temp light came on. I looked under the hood and saw some melted wiring and some small mods but it all looks intacked.

Completely stock interior looks to have survived very well with the only defect being the locks not working.

Then comes the bad parts. The rust on the drivers floor board, its the only part of the floor board with rust

There is a rust hole in this fender thats hard to see. You can see the tire, just not in the pic.

Never did a floor pan though, are they a pain to deal with? I havent had it on the lift yet but the rest of the frame looks good. The plan would be to switch over the complete drivetrain from the 90 to this 84, everything except the interior mods, I like the interior as is. I would need to put some gauges somewhere though, any ideas?

See less See more
#350 ·
Are you keeping the stock 80s bumper strips? I have a pair of 90s headlight fillers cut and custom made to the 80s header...mine were cut in 3 pieces then grafted together so it can look like it supposed to if it were on a 90s header...
Cause if you look at yours, where it's cut, you can see inside it..right? I'll PM you pics of mine so I won't invade your thread with my pics...
It's looking good...

#351 ·
I havent put the filler on but I dont think it'll look that bad. If they do, I'll grab yours since I still have to paint the drivers front side filler. I cut them even with the header and then cut the parts off inside the filler that prevents then from having that gap but I only dry fit it so we'll see. You got the hookup on a lot of stuff. Actually, I should grab the fillers from you anyway, I'll probably PM you on thursday. Can you get the hood center trim?

#352 ·
Lol, yeah I have lots of goodies..I can get you the center hood trim, i believe there's an 84 in the yard and it does have center trim that I know of for that specific year..my fillers overlap a bit to the fenders now that I recall. You'll see in the pics once I get home and on my computer...

#355 ·
You know, you could have used your existing 80s fender. Just cut them along where the filler would have gone and rolled them in to give it a lip and a mounting place for the fillers...some on layitlow have done that and you dont need the whole 90s bumper just the sides and the front small bumper guards as well or you could have kept those the way they are...when I did mine, I went your route as well but wanted the front impact strips as well, as you saw on the picture I sent you....
So whats next....

#357 ·
Yes you did replied. Hope you get better.
The rockers are yours when you're ready, dude on layitlow just keeps giving me excuses...
First, he'll get his friend for paypal, no go
Next, his boss for paypal, no go
Third, set up a new paypal but didnt have account info
Finally, got in a car wreck and had surgery on his arm. Makes me wonder, if that's the case how did he reply with use of one arm?
Whether true or not, oh well there yours.
Maybe the forum was experiencing technical difficulties. If it's cool with you, I'll post pics here or send to your email..
Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

#367 ·
So I found the same seats at the junkyard. The guy on craigs wanted 175 for his seats and I was ready to make the deal but I decided to look on our local upull website and got lucky. These cost me $40. Same exact seats. Now I wont feel bad if I dont use them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.