Free "Car Collector" iPhone Application - Provides useful info & specs by VIN or Yr/M
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By bhs82
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Free "Car Collector" iPhone Application - Provides useful info & specs by VIN or Yr/M in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; This application is so cool I just had to start an independent thread. It's free this week, and this little ...
    bhs82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac CoupeDeVille 472 / 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Free "Car Collector" iPhone Application - Provides useful info & specs by VIN or Yr/M

This application is so cool I just had to start an independent thread.

It's free this week, and this little iPhone App gave me more info using the 8 digit VIN than I was able to find in two hours searching the internet.

The Application is called Car Collector.
    I found the application through the DecodeThis website - which BTW did deliver the most comprehensive returns using a 17 digit VIN, and was a very basic, simple and QUICK VIN search site.

Car Collector does not decipher or break down the VIN, but it gives very detailed info from the number of vehicles produced to the original pricing to the specs and so on. I HIGHLY recommend this app.

Cheers
    ag42b, ag42b, chronosafe and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: Free "Car Collector" iPhone Application - Provides useful info & specs by VIN or

should note that. This app only decodes cars pre 1975.

Re: Free "Car Collector" iPhone Application - Provides useful info & specs by VIN or

Yes, Thank You, that is correct...
    Please forgive my exuberance...
    Those of us stuck trying to get 1968 info which has been lost in a black hole twilight zone have few resources available tied to VINs.

When I first read this post, I thought lightly of it.

I spent quite a while looking around and the most I could come up with anywhere was at the cadillaclasalleclub.org, Where it boasts, (VIN) "Authenticate Your 1903 - 1970 Cadillac or LaSalle" then of course follows up with "We're sorry, 1968 record sheets are NOT available."

Maybe the strike in 1968 had disgruntled workers sabotaging the records. Who knows. If anyone else finds a resource for 1968 VIN associated information, please do share

chronosafe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi there! I'm the author of the app Car Collector (www.carcollectorapp.com), as well as the webmaster of www.decodethis.com, a modern and classic VIN decoder web site.

I'm very thrilled you found the app useful. We're always looking for ways of improving it. Please feel free to contact us at contact@carcollectorapp.com with your suggestions or feedback.

Currently we only extend to 1975. We have plans of adding data to fill in the missing hole up to 1980 as well as adding truck and foreign vehicles.

Thanks again for the endorsement! I hope you don't mind if I quote it in the future.

Regards,

Richard Brown

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by chronosafe View Post
    Hi there! I'm the author of the app Car Collector (www.carcollectorapp.com), as well as the webmaster of www.decodethis.com, a modern and classic VIN decoder web site.

I'm very thrilled you found the app useful. We're always looking for ways of improving it. Please feel free to contact us at contact@carcollectorapp.com with your suggestions or feedback.

Currently we only extend to 1975. We have plans of adding data to fill in the missing hole up to 1980 as well as adding truck and foreign vehicles.

Thanks again for the endorsement! I hope you don't mind if I quote it in the future.

Regards,

Richard Brown
    Any chance the Android brethren can get some of this decoding love??

chronosafe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi mrholland,

My coding skills unfortunately lie with Apple's iOS for mobile platforms. I'll note your request, and if I get a sufficient volume of queries I'll look into the expense of hiring an Android coder. My next planned platform is better support for the iPad.

Thanks,

Richard Brown

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    droid based here too.

ag42b is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham

Good application. I got it from the Apple applications store and have been playing around with it all day

The other day I was in Autozone and saw a car cover on sale... Wasn't sure of the car length, thought I'd have to go home and measure, then I remembered I had the app - sure enough, the data was in there. Thanx again Richard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.