1996 Fleetwood Brouham issue Need help!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1996 Fleetwood Brouham issue Need help!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I own a 1996 Fleetwood Brougham. Cars given me no problems till about a week ago. First problem is on ...
    bigj77mc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

1996 Fleetwood Brouham issue Need help!!

I own a 1996 Fleetwood Brougham. Cars given me no problems till about a week ago. First problem is on the passanger side mirror when using the electronic control to shift the mirror up or down it will not move, but i will work or move if im going side to side. Is there a way to fix this or does the whole passanger side mirror need to be replaced?
    2nd problem that started about 1 week ago also. when you turn the key off and are still in the car the radio and antenna will remain on and up till the either door is open. Then once u open the door the radio will shut off and antenna will go down. This how things should work. But about a week ago when i turn the key off and open the passanger side door the radio stays on and the antenna remains up. If i close the door the radio will stay on and antenna will stay up also with the key out of the ignition. Also if the car is running and the passanger side door opens for someone to get in or out of the car the dome lights will not turn on, but will turn on when the other doors are opening. To me it seems as the passanger side door is not being recognized by the computer or something. Can anyone help? Has anyone had these issue? If so please tell me how to fix these problems. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Re: 1996 Fleetwood Brouham issue Need help!!

I'm sure you can fix the mirror without replacing the whole thing. Might need a new motor, or sometimes you can just lubricate the parts in there and get it unstuck.

As for your other problems, I'm almost certain its a problem with the door plunger switch on that door. Look at the front of the door next to the hinges in the jamb, you'll see the plunger. Play with it, the swtich itself could be bad, or it could be the wires going to that switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    I'm sure you can fix the mirror without replacing the whole thing. Might need a new motor, or sometimes you can just lubricate the parts in there and get it unstuck.

As for your other problems, I'm almost certain its a problem with the door plunger switch on that door. Look at the front of the door next to the hinges in the jamb, you'll see the plunger. Play with it, the swtich itself could be bad, or it could be the wires going to that switch.
    thx for the response....... i checked the door by the hindges and found not plunger......is it possible they use another type of sensor

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

if it's a 96 i believe they use mini wedges and not the old plunger style sensor...never replaced one but lots of people here have and I'm sure someone will post and tell you how.

Cadillacboy is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I can't help that much but my dad has a '96 FWB as yours .I will give you basic system checks
    So, when you insert a (if you have factory CD player) CD or cassette does your radio turn on and your antenna move up ? This could be a dump idea but please make sure your passenger side dome lamp works well , may be give it a tap and make sure it's button turned off . A bad door actuator triggers flickerin dome lights and you should be able to hear a clicking sound when you open a faulty door
    Another check , twilight sensor knob should be controlled to see if your pass door lamp comes on , so just swing it all the way right and see if all the interior lights can be turned on .

the problem is lets says i pull over to drop someone off. Normally when the passanger door opens the interior lights would come on. Well at this point the are not turning on when the door opens. Second. Lets says im parking car in the garage. Normally i will park the car and turn the car off the radio and antenna will stay on and up until the either door opens then the music and antenna will turn off or go down. This still works fine with the drivers door but if i turn the car off and open the passanger side door the radio and antenna dont not shut off or go down. Seems to me the passanger side door is not being recognized. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

thefleetwoodguy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 95 triple black fwb

bad mini wedge switch at door lock mechanism

[QUOTE=thefleetwoodguy;2741876]bad mini wedge switch at door lock mechanism[/QUOTE.

Ok does anyone know how to repair or replace the mini wedge switch at the door lock?

erny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 deville dhs

I am parting out a 93 fleetwood, and have the door latch, and many more parts. Erny e-mail ern.sue AT verizon.net

[QUOTE=bigj77mc;2745100][QUOTE=thefleetwoodguy;2741876]bad mini wedge switch at door lock mechanism[/QUOTE.

Ok does anyone know how to repair or replace the mini wedge switch at the door lock?[/QUOT

Anybody?

thefleetwoodguy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 95 triple black fwb

it is part of the door latch mechanism
    it involves drilling out a few rivets
    I have them
    www.thefleetwoodguy.com
    Jim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.