Fuse box question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Fuse box question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hey i was just wondering if all my fuses are correct. ok first i have an 89 brougham. while checking ...
    Caddylover86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1989 Fleetwood Brougham

Fuse box question

hey i was just wondering if all my fuses are correct. ok first i have an 89 brougham. while checking all my fuses i noticed the one that says COMP requires a 20amp fuse. well there isnt any metal contacts in that slot like all the other ones. its just an empty space. also my ALDL is all crazy, i tried to jump the terminals to get the codes and the slot are all diffrent ie the ground is not where it should be and so forth. lastly ive noticed a few of my idiot lights dont work(bulbs are new) could this all be connected somehow, and if so how do i fix it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

Re: Fuse box question

the computer slot should not have a fuse in it.
    also which idiot lights aren't working?

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The bulbs not working is more than likely an issue with the printed circuit; mine is doing the same thing so I wired the non functional lights to the ones I don't need. You can probably get another printed circuit from a junker, but I'm not sure how easy it is to swap.

How did you determine that the ALDL ground terminal is not grounded? When you look at the connector, is there a raised notch on the top of the connector? If the notch is on the bottom, then the connector is upside down.

level ride doesnt work i think the compressor has been unhooked. check engine light, trunk open light, and a few others

ill check to see if it was put back on upside down and try to post a good pic. pretty much from what i can see inside the aldl there are only 4 maybe 5 actual pins inside it. all the others are empty and as a side not when i took it to the shop i take all my cars to they said the couldnt get their obd1 tool to talk with my cars computer...if that makes sense.

If the check engine lamp is not functional, you can't pull DTC's without a scanner. Jumping the terminals on the ALDL makes the check engine light flash the codes. In your case though, you may need to replace the ALDL or find some other way of tapping into the wires that go into the back of it.

I lost the level ride, check engine, and washer lights. The check engine light is the most important, so I wired the coolant temp lamp to come on as the check engine light. I have an aftermarket coolant gauge, so I don't need the light anymore.

There is also a slot for the "Stop Engine Temp" lamp, which was used with a block temperature sensor (the 307 isn't equipped with that sensor, so slot on the telltale is a dead hole). I don't know the wire colors for that bulb, but you could wire the check engine lamp to the engine temp slot and that way you would have diagnostic capabilities.

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    So you couldn't just take a bulb from another spot and put it in the check engine spot?

In my case, the printed circuit isn't supplying ground to the bulbs (the contacts wore off), so no matter how new the bulb is, it will never light.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.