'93-96 Fleetwood Euro Tail Lights - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, '93-96 Fleetwood Euro Tail Lights in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Re: '93-96 Fleetwood Euro Tail Lights

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

thanks for the pics...i'm not a fan
    Alscad56 and Alscad56 like this.

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

I thought the Euro tailights were amber at the top... Shows what I remember!

I always wanted the T84 headlight option, (RH Rule of the road lights), but I don't know if the FW ever got them, the Impala/Caprice/Roadmonster did. But very rare now.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

You can easily check if FW got the T84 option. Run your VIN on the Compnine tool in the FAQs, then scroll down to check out all the available RPOs (past your car's RPOs). I think it was available on exports, but my memory is hazy...

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

When I checked years ago T85 showed up, but T84 was absent on the D Body cars.

We they not exported to LH drive eurpoean countries? Or cost reduction, just leave them with stock sucky US spec headlights?

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1976 El Camino Classic | 92 Caprice Wagon (On hold for now)

T84s... want.

$1000 price tag... don't want.

425 Dual Quad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '94, '93 & '76 Fleetwood Broughams. '77 & '73 Coupe deVilles

BlackDeVil,
    Here in Ireland and the UK we need to have amber rear indicators too. However general opinion is the Euro tail lights don't look right. Three tall red tail lamps for us at the rear please - all day long. American cars have big red rear lights right! And in Ireland we can keep the red rear turn signals on cars over 30 years old, so we do.

What I did on my '93 and '94 Fleetwoods is carefully drill a hole in the back up lens unit (it unscrews from the top of the bumper) and insert a sprung loaded GM bulb holder in the hole and put an amber blub in. Works a treat. If you are worried about it falling out you can swap the turn signal blub for the fitted back up (reversing light) bulb and put the reversing light in the hole you made. However if you cut the hole just too small and finish it off with sandpaper to open it out the bulb holder stays in snugly. You can silicone it in if you are worried about water getting in but mine have been fine for 5 years.

Bizzarely the '94 needed 2 amber bulbs per side to get the indicators to flash at the right speed - 2 bulbs were needed to match the amerpage loading of the three stop/tail light bulbs on the standard flasher. In the '93 I have an electronic flasher with an adjustable delay and it only needs the one bulb.

For the front I converted one of the sidelights with an amber blub in the '94 and I think both of them in the '93.

You may need to 'disable' the side marker light in the grey side trim which flashes with the indicators. I just pulled the blub holder out and left it in the trunk drop off panel at testing time. If you need to cover up that light just take off the side panel and cover it with black tape.

I've just noticed the difference in Hartford's rear window and mine - interesting! So that's what Brougham looks like without the padded top!

Good luck, Nick
    Attached Images

BlackDeVil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan DeVille 1989

Sorry for my absence. Thanks for the comments!

BlackDeVil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan DeVille 1989

It is interesting that in Ireland (a European Union country, like us) they apparently check the colors of the lamps, whereas in Finland they check the color too, but mainly they are interested in the markings on the lens! Nice job Nick, but that kind of solution would not get approved over here. I think I actually located the set of taillight lenses that turbojimmy was talking about, but then I also learnt that those lenses are most likely for Japan, not Europe. I can see them on pictures of Fleetwoods in Japan, but never in Europe. I have pretty similar looking taillight lenses on my deVille, but all the -93… -96 Fleetwood / Fleetwood Broughams that were originally imported to Europe seem to have the U.S. style lights. By the way, my -89 deVille has a euro spec with different rear plate holder, and the Touring Sedan type folding mirrors, for example. Could have done what jayoldschool suggested – make special euro taillights myself - it is not correct, but the people inspecting would not know what was original, and what was not! But a) because they were originally imported to Europe with the U.S. lenses b) there is an exempt for some years including -96, that you can use DOT approved equipment, I can keep the original equipment. So I was making much noise for nothing! By the way, I can see as much Euro here as I would ever want to, and more than I would want to. I have had a number of BMW’s, Mercedes’, whatever, but I like the Fleetwood as American as it can be! Suppose anyone is attracted to what is generally not around. The Fleetwood is still underway to Finland; the ship carrying it is making a stop in Sweden, Helsingborg. I should be able to collect it in Kotka next week.

Here's a picture of how the tail end of my deVille looks like:
    Attached Images

hadesnuggz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96' FWB

nevrmind, couldnt see th epics at first

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDeVil
    Here's a picture of how the tail end of my deVille looks like:
    Can you PLEASE post more pics of your Deville in the FWD forums (or anywhere else)? It's purdy

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

turbojimmy, did you ever get those taillights, are they still available. my friend said he wants them if they are

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

If we're putting in request, id like some T90 signal marker lamps if you have any. I'm only asking in this thread cause its also a euro thing.

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    turbojimmy, did you ever get those taillights, are they still available. my friend said he wants them if they are
    No, sorry. I never picked them up. They were on the North Jersey Craigslist. I'll look again, you never know....

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

What hes asking for the grill,i been trying to find 1 for a decent price for awhile

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.