Rear Bumper and Body Filler Panel Kit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Rear Bumper and Body Filler Panel Kit in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi guys, has anyone used the aftermarket kits available for 77-79 RWD Deville? I have seen them on Ebay. My ...
    Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

Rear Bumper and Body Filler Panel Kit

Hi guys, has anyone used the aftermarket kits available for 77-79 RWD Deville? I have seen them on Ebay. My car is black, and I am very concerned about fit and finish. I have one OEM quarter extension ( the right one ) that is good, and all the other parts are shot. I just hate to buy something online without knowing if it is any good or not. Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Re: Rear Bumper and Body Filler Panel Kit

Mixed reviews about them but mostly bad. I've only seen one set of aftermarket fillers that were not the same material as originals and it didnt line up right.

Any one know of an oem source for this stuff? I stopped at my local Cadillac dealer, and while the parts guy was willing to look for the parts I needed, he said none were available at any dealer in the usa.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Best bet is to get on layitlow and post that you want the fillers. I bet there are 10 sets for sale over there right now.

pompste is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425

I bought a set a fiberglass rear fillers for my '78 Deville last year from e-bay,the long fillers between the rear tail light chrome housing and rear quarter panels,and they fit great! Had them painted to match and installed at a local body shop.These cost much less than the flexible plastic/rubberlike originals.
    If you`ve got deeper pockets,i`d go with the flexible plastic/rubberlike fillers since if someone rear ends the rear bumper,these are less likely to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 78 Coupe View Post
    Any one know of an oem source for this stuff? I stopped at my local Cadillac dealer, and while the parts guy was willing to look for the parts I needed, he said none were available at any dealer in the usa.
    As another member posted,check layitlow.com or just google " Cadillac rear quarter fillers" or something similar and see what comes up.I checked many sites before deciding on the fiberglass fillers on e-bay since i did`nt have the $$$ to spend on the more pricey flexible rubberlike fillers.

deVille33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1977 Coupe (blue), 1977 Coupe (yellow), 1977 Coupe (green)

The fibre glass fillers aren't close to a perfect fit. You have to trim the inner frame and the filler to get them to match together, and then install them on the car to ensure they align with the body contours. take them off to make adjustments and try again. It can be a time consuming and disappointing process. When fitting the frame to the fibreglass piece, be careful not to crack the filler. Take note that there is a place to attach the the little trim piece that mounts to the lower edge of the and aligns with the trunk lid, if you plan to use it. Be aware that there are sellers on ebay that advertize they are selling OEM fillers when they are fibreglass replacements. Some times you can find fibre glass fillers that have already been fitted to the frame, saving you a lot of time. If you can find original fillers that are still pliable and the right color for you needs, be ready to dig deeper to get them. I have seen one company that offers urethane fillers, but the price was quite high, beyond the depth of my wallet.

Thank you, everyone for your help. I am new to the site, but I can tell that this will be a great place to hang out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 78 Coupe View Post
    Thank you, everyone for your help. I am new to the site, but I can tell that this will be a great place to hang out!
    You`re welcome! As you know now,this site has many many helpful members who are happy to help!
    When i joined here in Jan,2007--i knew within my first few posted threads here that this Cadillac forum is the best!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.