1996 FWB - Check engine light on - Scanner turns off upon start up - HELP - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1996 FWB - Check engine light on - Scanner turns off upon start up - HELP in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by 6.0 Litre Anyways I'm happy now - but what sucks is that I'm always waiting for the ...
    turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Re: 1996 FWB - Check engine light on - Scanner turns off upon start up - HELP

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0 Litre View Post
    Anyways I'm happy now - but what sucks is that I'm always waiting for the check engine light to come back ON *just a year long habit of looking at it always wishing it would turn off* Well it's been 80 miles already No check engine light and I swear I've look at the location of the check engine light for the past 75 miles waiting for it to come back on...LOL

Thanks again you guys!
    Might have been corrosion at the data link connector that finally got knocked loose after plugging the scan tools in and out several times.

Glad you got it all sorted out. If you had a big vacuum leak (the line to the PCV is a big one), it could take out the O2 sensors over time. The car must run a lot better now.

6.0 Litre is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy View Post
    Might have been corrosion at the data link connector that finally got knocked loose after plugging the scan tools in and out several times.

Glad you got it all sorted out. If you had a big vacuum leak (the line to the PCV is a big one), it could take out the O2 sensors over time. The car must run a lot better now.
    Yeah me too! Yes it was a big vacuum leak as I was able to hear it - but could never find it. Come to think of it it was leaking for a while and is taking out the O2 sensors and they do need replacing now.

Oh yeah... BIG difference in acceleration too - I can actually burn off the line without the hesitation now no more chugging off the line upon full throttle!

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

You should also be able to get a better fuel efficiency

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.