Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Just got a 94 Fleetwood :]

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  The-Dullahan 
#1 ·
And greatest thing its blk/blk :D

It's in pretty good condition for what I can tell, has its little **** ups but overall very happy with my purchase. I wanted this as my 1st car back in high school, and finally was able to find/pick one up. Look forward to contributing to the forums and etc.

For right now just been fixing what I can, has HID's, and a full upgraded system I installed (headunit w/ bluetooth, new speakers to 4ch amp, 1 comp 12" sub and amp, and 4 farad capacitor).

As for its issues, if anyone could contribute it would be great.

Main things are the a/c compressor keeps turning on/off (maybe something is clogged?) so the a/c doesnt get cold at all, the interior lights stay on for the 10 min issue, and I need to know what the 3 wires on the antenna plug are so I can power it up to my capacitor.

Also, been considering to get the rear bumper attachment that holds the spare wheel that you usually see on the lowriders since rather have the spare there than in the trunk so I could use the space. Anyone have a link to where I would be able to buy one so I can see how much it costs? Just I'm assuming it gets in the way to put the gas or it doesnt?

Thanks, btw names Mike.

See less See more
#3 ·
for ac compressor turning on and off...try recharging it. My girlfriend's lincoln was doing that after 1 can of refrigerant so I put in another half or 3/4 of a can and it started working right.

The rear wheel on the back bumper is called a continental kit, most of the ones I've seen are fake wheels (just made of like fiberglass or something) and just for show but you may be able to find the real deal. layitlow.com would probably be best bet.

good looking car! Any parts you need for it I would suggest contacting Jim "thefleetwoodguy" he's a member here and is very trustworthy. check his sit thefleetwoodguy.com

#5 ·
thx will post pics later since pretty nasty day and prob will wash it tomorrow.

as for the compressor, I did vacuum/recharge it already when I replaced the valve it was leaking from. The guy at the shop told me its not holding negative charge and something is prob clogged, not sure how a/c works so clueless for now until I get in contact with a few friends that might be able to help me.

and thx 4 the info on the continental kit, guess ill ask around on that forum to see if theres a real way of setting something like that up.

and talked with jim already actually when I was having an issue with the factory amp, great guy. looking forward to doing business with him whenever i have the funds to start restoring details of the car.

#6 ·
as for the compressor, I did vacuum/recharge it already when I replaced the valve it was leaking from. The guy at the shop told me its not holding negative charge and something is prob clogged, not sure how a/c works so clueless for now until I get in contact with a few friends that might be able to help me.
If it's not holding a negative charge (vacuum) then you still have a leak somewhere. You should be able to vacuum it down and have it hold for at least half-an-hour. It's probably cycling because it's low on refrigerant. If you take it apart again, replace the orifice tube with a new one. They get clogged, but shouldn't cause your cycling problem.

#9 ·
I second that!

Nice ride!

#10 ·
Personally, I would question a 4 farad cap, even a 1 F cap, the startup current on a discharged 1 Farad cap (if REALLY 1 Farad) would be >10000 amps easily for a short time. Connecting it alone to the car's electrical system is quite dangerous.

I used to blow up electrolytic caps when I was younger.... They are quite explosive with 120v AC on them.... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.