Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

199K views 1K replies 54 participants last post by  CPN504 
#1 ·
since several people asked me too...ill start from the beginning, its in progress so as I do more work ill update it.

this is my 1st time seeing the car when a co-worker found it after i told him a few different models i was interested in. took a month to get in touch with him cuz no one lived at the house.

was really dirty from sitting all them years after the owner passed away. the uncle didnt want to fool with it and it wouldnt start. he said make an offer. I made an offer for $1000 how it sits with 16,495 miles on the odometer, he accepted and i towed it home a few days later. dropped the fuel tank and put a new fuel pump in, cleaned the injectors and it fired right up the first day i got it home.

then i gave it a good cleaning inside and out

started with the chrome rocker moldings

cleaned the factory dry-rotted tires and rolled them for a few months till i had a blow-out

carpet was kinda funky so i pulled it out and cleaned it, new jute and it put it back in, good time to run some wires for the radio and future stereo

cleaned up shortly after i got it, sitting next to my lil mini truck

still had the other guys handicap plate

looks pretty nice on the underside

not long after getting the car I had to change the tires and A/C compressor was leaking out the seal.

First Day of driving it i had to clean the engine. this is what it looks like 365 a year. gets a lil dusty but i just clean it again

See less See more
#267 ·
alright **PROGRESS**

since im off from work for fat tuesday and im burnt out and tired from mardi gras, its a nice day out and work has already gotten done.

I could see resin under the hardened glass that wasnt dry, got a dead blow hammer and tried knocking the box out from the front, didnt work. so I pulled the rear seat and hit from the back while my brother pulled the front...didnt work, got to the pint I was forcing air under the box to lift the fiberglass of the wet resin, hitting it at the same time...didnt work. started seeing some cracks in on the front baffle where it meets the sides. so I stopped then let the ******* out.

yes Strapped the box all the way around, and ratchet strapped it out with a lil help from the neighbors fence. came out pretty quick.

so now I left the underside of the box in the sun for about an hour now and its drying nicely

tape covered in wet resin, I balled it up and chunked it

1 glassed bottom drying

im going to resin a few spots on the top of the box and try to seal the inside on the main box up today

#270 ·
not super heavy just I built it to stay in one spot tight and when the fiberglass gripped the floor with a combination of wet yet sticky resin holding it down almost like a suction, it wasnt coming out easy.

4 wheeler jack is my work bench of choice here. covered the sides and any gaps to seal it air tight, hopefully got everywhere

more resin in a few areas on the top

covered the inside

#271 ·
did not have a second set of hands to hold the top of the box and I needed to know if it fit in the car properly before going any further, so I did a wedge and balancing act

almost in and together

fully closed and in just not screwed together right now, it fits so i can move on

just a temporary mock up

#274 ·
between rain got out and drill the holes for the sub wire on each side, will need to seal those when I get to home depot to get some sealer

i was tired of that big heavy pile of wire getting in my way, it needed to be cut so i estimated where i needed the passenger side wire, then the other wire has to go to the driver side of the trunk, 2 pieces less than 12" for the amps power, and a few feet to go from the under hood optima to the alternator. I think I have enough

#276 ·
yep, plus the one thats under the hood will get upgraded 0 gauge wire. the batteries in the trunk each get there own 0 gauge wire from the alternator back.

Just spent $288.54 on 2 specialty products to perfectly tune the amps so you get the most performance with out clipping and damaging the equipment.

#277 ·
Hey Pimpin, why 15in pokes and not 17 or 20? Are you happy with them? I want to purchase some rims and was thinking 17s, but I want a smooth ride. I don't want my car to be "jarred" when it hits a bump. I also only want to poke to the edge of the car, would I want 83s or 84s? How are the vogues, smooth and quiet riding? Sorry for all the questions but I thought you would be a good one to ask. Thank you!!!!!

#279 ·
im not old but im old school so anything over the original 15"s im not having, now if i had a newer deville id look into 20's. love the 15"s though only issue is when i had 1.25" adapters I knocked the cap off the rear with the skirts, went to 2" and it will hit the hub of the rim sometimes if you get cocky with your turn...just have to take it slow...

as for the vogues I have no issues with them. the do not ride as smooth as the factory tires but they are still smooth, i have no issues with it being bumpy or noisy...you have to keep them clean though if you ride vogues that yellow and white gets dirty after a few days so you have wash them and getting them bright again

#280 ·
after a weekend of too much partying, not enough food or sleep, I got it in good too. no work on the car cuz family was over. friends called up and wanted to ride so i pulled out for a lil while. started raining so we bounced. not great pics but we had my car, my buds 63 impala showcar, and 2 91 box devilles, one on hydraulics the other on 20" rims like mine

quick vid riding home

Pics

lac in front impala behind me and the other lac to the left...ill post some other pics if my friends got any good ones

#281 ·
ok, from info here I had to get this done...i kept checking the pull-a-part website for any roadmasters. finally last night I seen they added 2 a 93 and a 95. lunchtime today i made a nice trip over there. found what I needed and it wasnt hard to get to since someone removed all the panels already

this is how I got to the car. 2 screws and unplug the harness for a 95 roadmaster digital climate control. I got that and some 1/4 panel emblems for $19.99

modifying it now, the glue is drying so I cant put it in the dash yet. hope I glued the brackets correctly.

ground the side mounts off, cut the cadillac ones off and glued them to the buick...by the way it works wonderfully when i tested it before chopping things up

cadillac left, buick right, swapping brackets over

quick mock up

glued and drying

my SMD meters also came in today, need to get 2 9volt batteries to get them powered up

#283 ·
just advantage, my other worked fine. when A/C is on it only comes out the front vents, when you switch to heat it goes to top dash and floor, no heat out of the front vents...just cadillacs dumb idea...with the roadmaster one its plug and play except the mounts. I can put any air wherever I want it

#286 ·
Do you think that would work with my 93 Fleetwood too? The switch assembly in your car looks exactly the same as mine. I have always thought the fan switch was really stupid and hard to control. To me there is not enough choice in fan speed. It seems either too low, or too high. There is nothing in between. Does the Buick switch allow more even control between the fan speeds?

#291 ·
ok, 2 small issues, 1 the lights on the right side of the unit need to be replaced..doesnt bother me right now just its dark at night on that side.

2. since the roadmaster unit is shorter than the fleetwood, the factory FW brackets pull it up high and it leaves a gap below and the buttons close to the trim panel at the top. easy fix, tomorrow ill cut the line-up pins off, slot the mounting holes and drop it where i need it.

not a great video but i just done a quick run through, you can hear how loud the blower gets

#293 ·
I took a spare trim piece (the one that runs from the right side of the dash to over the radio) from a junkyard car just in case mine broke when I went to replace my cassette only radio with a factory cd/cassette version. I haven't replaced the radio yet, but I noticed that when I took off the jy trim, it would not snap back on the jy car. It seems like the mount clips were a one time use part. Did you have the same experience when you did your heater switch upgrade? I even tried to pry the jy clips, but they just fell into the dash. Just wondering before I take the dash apart for the radio/heater control update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.