Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

199K views 1K replies 54 participants last post by  CPN504 
#1 ·
since several people asked me too...ill start from the beginning, its in progress so as I do more work ill update it.

this is my 1st time seeing the car when a co-worker found it after i told him a few different models i was interested in. took a month to get in touch with him cuz no one lived at the house.

was really dirty from sitting all them years after the owner passed away. the uncle didnt want to fool with it and it wouldnt start. he said make an offer. I made an offer for $1000 how it sits with 16,495 miles on the odometer, he accepted and i towed it home a few days later. dropped the fuel tank and put a new fuel pump in, cleaned the injectors and it fired right up the first day i got it home.

then i gave it a good cleaning inside and out

started with the chrome rocker moldings

cleaned the factory dry-rotted tires and rolled them for a few months till i had a blow-out

carpet was kinda funky so i pulled it out and cleaned it, new jute and it put it back in, good time to run some wires for the radio and future stereo

cleaned up shortly after i got it, sitting next to my lil mini truck

still had the other guys handicap plate

looks pretty nice on the underside

not long after getting the car I had to change the tires and A/C compressor was leaking out the seal.

First Day of driving it i had to clean the engine. this is what it looks like 365 a year. gets a lil dusty but i just clean it again

See less See more
#2 ·
swapped the battery out for an Optima YellowTop in preparation for the big sound system

spent a small fortune on dynamat for the stereo and to prevent any rattles what so ever. when complete you wont see any of the shiny material

was a pain to get the headliner out so i left it in the car while i done the roof. it sucked running around to each side but i got it done

had to cut the back deck up for the 4 6x9"S which now im not even gonna use

all the doors are covered also, on the interior skin and the skeleton where the panel goes

#3 ·
soon after that I Installed a viper remote start alarm with a few extra sensors to keep it a lil bit safer. non of that will be shown

smoothed and painted the dash 1st time, had an issuse and it cracked

come back better, sanded it down again, fiberglassed it, sealed the airbag blow off cover too. dont know why i didnt take a pic after it was painted

found a nice spot for the aftermarket tweeters

12 gallon airtank, valves and compressors for the air ride, no latch because I installed actuators on each trunk hinge

#4 ·
finally after having the car for a while decided to fix the 1/4 panel from the previous owners accident. used very little filler. the paint doesnt match perfectly right now b/c i didnt want to pull the door apart to blend it so we just panel painted it. I plan on repainting it to the factory color but wet sanded and polished

painted around the gauge cluster

started sanding the rocker panel interior pieces and under dash panels, no more texture

heres where we get current, I cut a new back dash out of 3/4 MDF

cut the center out, the 3rd brake light cover will probally be fiberglassed to the outter ring, it will be painted to match the car, the center piece was suppoed to have 4 6x9"s recessed under it and covered in a nice black grill type cloth. tweaters stuck up to high and the outer speakers hit the trunk hinges. i find this out after i cut the panel.

I defy carpenters, measure twice, cut once, you can always cut more but you cant put it back, Yea i call BS.i got some heavy duty liquid nail and glued both sides, made sure it was all in there, a lil filler to smooth it out and i had a whole board again

#5 ·
good as new

ran the 2 runs of 0 Gauge wire through the firewall, made it unnoticable to

sanded those panels after priming them and now ready for paint

painted, i just installed this stuff today 6-30-2011, dont have pics of the drivers side b/c it was dark out

4 gauge wire that was temporary will be removed soon

This is it for now, as I do more i will post more. Thanks

#12 ·
everyone who has seen it has loved it today, my friend wants me to do his in his truck...my hand was vibrating for 2 days after i was done. in those 4 peices i think i have a 4.5 hours sanding. then i have the 2 A-pillars out getting that 8 inch piece that ties into the rocker moldings done

#13 ·
Holly crap! Nice work! So with the A-pillers, the 8" piece you are talking about is the little strip that goes down along the dash, right? Not the more visible part above the dash? Also, are the trunk actuators the only things that hold the trunk down or does it latch/lock in place? I see a spot in a few car magazines with your name on it.

#19 ·
the hat is actually Blue, what better than getting the car for $1000 is the $200 bill of sale to cut down on taxes, i love the color and the fact that it has no vinyl top, the actuators are the only thing that holds the trunk down, they are pretty strong. and yes the part of the 8" pillar that goes down the side of the dash to connect to the parts i just painted.

somewhere not pictured I added an all chrome E&G grill. I have 4 new vogue tires that i plan to put on some TWW 15" super poke 83 rims "factory cadillac rim with a 1" of poke added", add a continental kit, repaint to factory color, undecided on tint cuz of the crack downs now. install my air suspension and finish the trunk and stereo. little by little

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.