CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 73
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1127
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; figure this stupid problem out. first i changed my egr valve yesterday and no issues heres the stupid problem. lately ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

figure this stupid problem out. first i changed my egr valve yesterday and no issues

heres the stupid problem. lately my driver power window would sometimes go really slow up or down and sometimes it would work perfectly fine, a lil slower than the passenger but normal. friday it just flat out doesnt work anymore.

i figure its the motor finally crapped out. grabbed a motor from pull-a-part the other day, get to changing it this morning and motor works fine, but not from the switch...so aggravated, but now have to get a switch if the stealership has one...i figure, slow, fine, slow, fine, slow, dead, to be the motor not the swtich

the 2 D3100 xs power batteries came in today, have pics tomorrow, waiting on the 3400 and terminals. my back is definatley mad at me for pulling them out earlier.

plan to sometime tomorrow get the car cleaned up and ride clean for the show weekend, then sunday rip the old batteries out. figure how and where the new ones will go

shzzz, it just goes from good to bad...

having fun this weekend cruising and demoing for classic weekend when saturday its all getting good and my voltage drops from 14.5 to 12...it check under the hood and the 2nd alt is barely turning. the key i made out of the allen wrench i guess wasnt long enough and round it off...

so i drive home at 12volts about 7 miles, make a new key and slap it together, go back out. made it about 6 miles and it done it again. what i couldnt see cuz it was dark is it also rounded the shaft a lil bit.

so the next day i make a longer key, i used some liquid real steel extreme and hammered the key in nice and tight. im letting dry a few days then may even tack it in a few places, just hope it doesnt mess the main alt up like it done this one.

which brings me to problem 2, i started having a rough idle, can feel it all through the pedal and wheel, motor doesnt shake like a miss though. then i noticed only 1 HID lighting up today and everytime i get in the car its 1/10 of a volt lower.

so i get home and im at 11.6 on my cheap in car gauge. i get the DMM with the car off battery is low at 11.3 volts, i start the car and it goes to 11.2 so off with this alternator, i told them something was wrong the 1st time i took it back so tomorrow they can play with it again...

im ready to get these new batteries in and have some fun, got everything but the underhood battery in so far

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

When it rains it pours, I can certainly relate....

killed the regulator in the old alt. not sure if it was from me or the 17 volts or what but killed it. already rebuild ready to go...been driving everywhere on battery power lol.

ready if it wasnt raining to pull the old batteries out

ok, have to get and install new plug wires again. deciding what kind to get and how to remedy the burning wire issue when its in the factory location.

besides that all ive really done is got the new D3400 installed and removed 3 of the yellowtops, sold 2 and blew that money, i gambled $100 away and got drunk and lost $100, yea it sucks but cant do anything about it.

have to figure where im going to mount the big D3100s which will prolly require more wood to build a battery holder/amp rack. then have to find a place to ground them...just more money and more time

D3400 with the terminal adapters installed

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

So yall boys mess with curren$y alot?

you talking about the jet life rapper curren$y spitta, i dont know him real good but i met him a few times and he puts a car show on every month, i have a few friends though that know him real good

ok, i hate cold weather and rain but braved it all to get some bass back in my car. i only have 1 yellowtop int he car, about to remove that soon as its just bolted in, not hooked up.

made a quick daylight fading battery holder for the new xs batteries and got it mounted in the car, mounted the highs amp and started wiring stuff up.

of course i didnt have any black 0 gauge left to ground the batteries so i had to use red i cut off as excess. i did order more black and will change it out later when i gets here

went yesterday and gave the subs a work out after putting the 2nd alternator back on.

max volume 0 bass its between 13.1-14.7 volts all day long...max volume max bass it dropped to low 12s, add a lil bit of throttle and it was up in the 13s...i may add another 3100 later but ill take that voltage allday seeing as im wired down way lower than i wanted to go. im at .25ohm

140+lbs the sawhorses where sinking in the mud

yes its a mess but its in test and tune mode right now

i did 2 videos yesterday, i was trying to show my shirt moving and must have hit stop when i turned my phone so that video had nothing

this one was on max volume and 0 bass with the driver door open. nice windshield and roof flex.

may go make one today as i need to goto the store and pic a few items up
    talismandave likes this.

videos,videos,videos...some lady loading her groceries stopped and kept seeing what was going on. she didnt have that upset look a lot of ppl give though, shoulda offered her a demo

couple short videos

max volume/ no bass at idle voltage check

headliner distortion/sunglass holder slap

T-shirt tricks, should do a nice hairtrick now

Door/roof/windshield/interior/everything flex

mwalichnowsky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Fleetwood FWD

I love this project. I think the fact that the big backseat area is a sub box is hilarious. Since your so clever what would you do about installing a second alternator on a 1990 Fleetwood. It has a olds 307 motor that is sideways (FWD) its tough but im deleting my A.I.R system anyways since is doesn't do anything (anymore) and I do not have to E-test any car, ever. I have a 250 amp alternator coming in from motor city reman (293$ US altogether) and I will be buying a brand new stock alternator for my heated windshield. The second would be only stereo and the stock would be only factory car system.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Good, this one needed to be bumped.

'90 Fleetwoods have a 4.5, not an Olds 307.

My rear window shattered about a month ago sitting at a red light. Nola does ^^that^^...and nothing .
    talismandave likes this.

id have to physically see the motor to come up with something. but if your removing the air pump and its belt driven thats pretty much a win spot to install it.

yea dont know how i havent busted any windows or windshield yet...havent been working on the car much, its hot cold rain, hot cold rain, then mardi gras ect ect...

i did however get to ride with the owner of the company who makes my rims texanwirewheels for allstar weekend...pretty cool, got to see baby from cash money records with this buggatti vehyron ss and maybach benz with the open roof.

after an up and down month gambling im saving for vegas again this may. also trying to buy a typhoon if i stop loosing money

so not too much for updates

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Ooooh a Typhoon.

Now I'm even MORE interested in this thread.

Jesus.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    I prefer the Typhoon to the Syclone, but this is still awesome:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.