CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 70
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1139
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; got the bottom, matched up to the back board and both sides on, was going to put the ports in ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

got the bottom, matched up to the back board and both sides on, was going to put the ports in and 2 front pieces for the 1st baffle but again made a minor mistake. going to have to trim about 3/4" of of the port where it meets baffle...easy enough but its raining now so no go.

at least its trimming and not adding...also need to get some more screws as i have only a few left

when its dry i will also have my neighbor rip these 2 boards i have so i can 90 and brace all the corners up strong

small update, bunch of pics

trying to get too much done at once, box is at a stand still till my neighbor helps me rip two boards...and my new router works great but the expensive ass home depot flush bit tore the hell out of my box so it will be a lil extra work when i get it finished to bodywork and fix a few areas on and around the port

pulled the sunglass holder down and found from all the movement it ripped all but one wire out, have to put some deadener on the new panel as it slaps the plastic inside the headliner and makes a terrible noise

pain drilling these holes but it has to be done...2 more runs of 0gauge

i cant finish running it till i get the old box and stuff out, seat included

nice rounded edges on the port for less turbulence, helps out on the meter a bit to

70lbs of destruction, also cheap ass blade for the jigsaw bent and cut about a 7inch chunk out the mounting baffle, on the inside, not bad enough to cause any harm but still messed up

then i jumped on this the other day, tired of the missing wreath and broken crest and i dont use this function as i have no latch in the car at all

weled up, smoothed over, have a bunch of primer on it, the bodyline is not perfectly straight but it will be when i block it out before its time to paint

tomorrow i tackle the waterpump, check and make sure my cap and rotor is good while in there and after that maybe ill try to get some work done on the box. of course as soon as i have some free time to do the waterpump and flush the heatercore, a damn cold front comes through

so today i knocked the waterpump out and of course the cap and rotor had to be replaced, so that was some more money down the drain...riding good now...the cap itself was actually broken where the coil wire hooks up.

then my neighbor hooked me up... ill tell ya this right now, im 29 years old, i tried and failed miserably at ripping a board 45 to do my corners, actually it was pretty embarrasing.

my neighbor is "92 years old" , he had them cut to length and ripped perfect in about 20 minutes

so tomorrow ill be installing these hopefully, then i can put the top panel on, fix the port where the router screwed me and then get it to work to begin the body and paint process

Stingroo likes this.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

This... this is inspiring me.

ok, had an almost major issue witht he box, somehow it racked a lil bit and one side of the front baffle was sticking out further than the other...problem is the trim panel wont sit flush with it how it was...i couldnt rip it apart and fix it cuz everything else was correct and i dont know why it was like it was, anyway

a lil 40grit and a D/A sander and i knocked the bad area down, re-routed one port side and good to go.

added the wood back where the router screwed me the other day and started adding some filler to make it all smooth. want to go finish sanding but its looking like it may rain and rain is no good for MDF

90 pieces also installed, glued and screwed

im so ready to get all this over with and in, ill run the wire after i tear the car down then its right back in with the box and subs...wont be long after to wire the new amp up and get the dual alternator project started

scratch that, took the risk and got the sanding done a few minutes ago, rain still threatening...now have to get it to work to finish sand it and get some primer on it so i can see if there are any imperfections to fix...not sure when ill get it to work though.

ok, a lil update, so far, so good.

got the box to work yesterday after lunch, managed to get it sanded and 2 nice coats of primer on it...let it dry over night

got in this morning, took a while sanding it smooth but got it done, had a few areas i burned through and some pin holes that had to be filled and reprimed...done that and sanded them smooth

then i wet the floor and blew everything off. got a lil sealer on and then 3 coats of Red paint

tinted primer

sanded after adding the second few spots of primer

maroon tinted sealer

red paint

tomorrow ill get in hopefully early adn get the clearcoat on it and it will be 100, ready to go in the car...i was shooting for saturday or sunday but theres a small benefit show that i may attend before ripping it all apart

i got my 2nd alternator back today, guy said 240 amps, $240...when it stops raining im going to swap it out and then bring him my old one see what i messed up in it.

only thing that will stop me from ripping everything apart and getting my box swapped out is the weather

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    So you paint wood like metal with car paint? Sand, primer and paint? A certain primer you use?

yep, thats how i been doing it for a long time, if its smooth like mdf ill use 320 all over, since i used bodyfiller on it in certain spots to cover the screws i sand them with 80 and work up till i get to 320...prime with whatever automotive high build primer that sherwin williams sells us. sand and repeat if necessary as you see i had to reprime a few spots...blow all the dust off so its nice and clean...spray sealer on it and in 10-15 minutes depending on your temp/humidity spray your base color.

tomorrow i have a lil work but im going to try to get the clear on so it can dry and hopefully nothing settles in the clear so i wont have to do any sand and polishing.

i swapped my alternator out earlier and when i started the car it went 13-13.5-14 volts so that tells me i definatly done something to the old alternator. guy said maybe burned a diode up or something so he gets it tomorrow to inspect...prolly wont bang on it hard till i swap everything out and get the second alternator hooked up...then ill be charging 420amps

slowly but surely, making it happen

soon as i got to work, wet the floor, blew any that may hae settle on the base coat and went to mix some clearcoat.

got in there and going for a heavy flow coat, i got 1 damn run on the face of the box...so its drying now, either later today or tomorrow ill shave it down and polish it out. no biggie

cant see it in the picture but its very noticable in person so ill get that done asap...in a lil while im going to gas up the car and drop the other alternator off to the shop

well i started cutting the run out, the clear was still not 100% dry after scraping the top of the run down, and also they had a dry area i really didnt like, prolly wouldnt have been seen but i knew it was there. so tomorrow ill finish scrapping the run out and i sanded the whole box face with 1000 grit. im going to re-clear it and it should look nice and slick. didnt get 100% orange peel out but a lot so it will look slick

now the other good/bad news...my alternator checked out fine at the shop, my new alternator is charging right but drops at red lights like the other alternator...so that means 1 or many of those optimas are bad...so if they cant handle that power, they definatly cant handle the new power and thus an upgrade is needed. a heavy and expensive upgrade

if its not one things, its another...clear was nice and dry this morning, however while sanding i burned through and the run wasnt completely out, so i had to sand it out, dust some color back on to cover the burn spot and once that was done, i blew it all off, wet the floor down and wet the box up with 2 nice coats of clear...so its drying and either today or tomorrow ill bring it home and have it ready for tear down hopefully sunday

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    soon as i got to work, wet the floor, blew any that may hae settle on the base coat and went to mix some clearcoat.

got in there and going for a heavy flow coat, i got 1 damn run on the face of the box...so its drying now, either later today or tomorrow ill shave it down and polish it out. no biggie

cant see it in the picture but its very noticable in person so ill get that done asap...in a lil while im going to gas up the car and drop the other alternator off to the shop

Are you wearing a helmet??

no i had a hoodie sweatshirt on, cold front came through and i hate cold weather

----------

im deciding missing the show tomorrow b/c of my batteries, that would give me plenty time to rip the car apart and get at least the wires ran and the new box and subs in so i can drive the car, once thats done i can focus on getting the new amp mounted and wired up and maybe start on the dual alternator setup. also look at where to put new batteries when i decide to order them.

just left pull-a-part...got only what i could fit in the car, couple chrome lower moldings, skirts, and a washer pump...triple black brougham, wish i had the room b/c it had a decent bumper, better than mine, 2 perfect headlights and crack free dash pad...might clean the moldings up and put them on

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.