CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; LOL, happy milestones like this , your red pointer is also misaligned like ours actually GM should have used digital ...
    Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

LOL, happy milestones like this , your red pointer is also misaligned like ours actually GM should have used digital gear gauge as they used in other rides .It's wayy off P ha ha lol

outsider is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

lol why does it say 32 mph when you're in park?

CadillacPimpinNOLA is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

yea the little metal wire broke and i never got around to fixing it. one thing that hasnt really bothered me. when i get everything else how i want it then ill mess with that

new adapters came in, might go sweat it later putting them on, much thicker than the last ones, dont like the dual drilled pattern but it is what it is

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

They are so thick that I dont think you'll have to worry about the dual drill pattern causing strength issues. It will be intersting to see what they make the car look like.

ok, got out there in the 98 degree heat with tons of humidity and sweat all last nights whiskey out. had to trim a lil more on the skirts where the locking tabs meet b/c they close to the tire now, have to see if that gives me any problems soon

stick out a lil more

this is with the 1.25" spacer

this is with the 2" spacer

pcm
    pcm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 brougham

you can do 2 18s in a sealed box and 1 18 ported i have 2 18s sealed in my 90 brougham with 5k going to them and it shakes everything. be prepared for damage with your 18s ,so far i have cracked my trunk lid in 3 different spots and my trunk latch broke off had to weld it and so far i'm on my third gas tank due to cracks.

im doing 2 18"s ported, no sense to do it sealed. the manufacture doesn't recommend sealed anyway. each sub needs 5cubic foot plus port and sub displacement and with the airtank i cant invert the subs to get a lil more airspace. im fiberglassing the floor though to get maximum airspace...i dont have to worry about a latch b/c i dont have one, gastank is plastic and i deadened everything up, if it cracks or rips ill fix it

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Quote Originally Posted by pcm View Post
    you can do 2 18s in a sealed box and 1 18 ported i have 2 18s sealed in my 90 brougham with 5k going to them and it shakes everything. be prepared for damage with your 18s ,so far i have cracked my trunk lid in 3 different spots and my trunk latch broke off had to weld it and so far i'm on my third gas tank due to cracks.
    My idle...I've got 1700 RMS w/15s and nothing comes close to cracking but "the beat keeps knocking down my rear view mirror". How many decibels you pushing?

Pimpin, what kind of specs does an 18" speaker have now-a-days? Movin a lot of air...

pcm

i have 2 kicker solo x 18s and 2 kicker zx2500.1s. the solo x subs will work in sealed or ported but ported is the way to go if you have the room.my car don't hold pressure well but i still took 1st place at a spl contest in the m5 class with a 145.3 at 20hrz and i peaked at 38 hrz with 145.4 the mic was on the windshield and my windows were up.

i dont have solobarics though, I have 2 Fi Audio BL's. like i said if i cant fit 2 properly ported how i want it, in the limitied space i have b/c of all the other stuff in the trunk, then ill just do one and either sell the other one or keep it as a spare...im not doing any competitions anymore, they dont have many around anymore and there little whitley ones where the mic isnt truely calibrated to make people think they louder than they are

heres some info on the subs

First off we do not recommend using a sealed box for any of the BL or BTL series of woofers

BL 18 – Ported box we recommend using 5-10 cubic feet @ 30-37Hz tuning, you can tune a little higher if you wish but we recommend keeping it close to 33hz for a daily driver. Again the same 12-16 square inches of volume applies per cubic foot of volume.

these are the options I added

P Chamfer: This is a chamfer on the end of the pole, it helps to bring the air down around inside of the motor and helps cool the coil better. It also helps relieve the pressure underneath the dustcap. We recommend at the bare minimum to get this option if you choose this series of woofers.

Cooling: Self explanatory, the cooling channels are machined into the inside of the sub to help cool the coil FAR better. But there are some things that you sacrifice. There is less metal inside of the motor so it is a little weaker. If you are looking for a tone/burp only scenario for SPL we suggest that you do NOT get this option. Stick with only the P chamfer or Hyper Pole. Now if you are looking for a daily sub to beat on and you have less then 2000 watts then this is the option for you. 2000+ watts you need to look into the BTL series

Flatwind: The flatwire coil option simply helps the power handling of the sub. The coil has more surface area to dissipate heat and will take more power then the regular round wire coil that comes in the ‘stock’ version of the sub. If you are looking to do an SPL install we highly recommend that you use choose the flatwound coil option. In testing it is louder then the regular roundwire coil and takes the thermal abuse much better.

im not looking to compete just bang down the block knockin pictures off the wall

the specs

BL18

DUAL 1 | DUAL 2

Fs: 33.2 Hz | 33.2 Hz
    Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil
    Qms: 5.82 | 5.82
    Qes: .32 | .32
    Qts: .30 | .30
    Mms: 302g | 302g
    Cms: 0.88mm/N | 0.88mm/N
    Sd: 1210cm^2 | 1210cm^2
    Vas: 181.0 l | 181.0 l
    Spl: 94.1dB 1W/1m | 94.1dB 1W/1m
    Bl: 16.6 N/A | 22.7 N/A
    Xmax: 18mm | 18mm
    Rms: 1000W * | 1000W *
    Sealed box: N/A cuft | N/A cuft
    Ported box: 5-8cuft | 5-8cuft
    Sub OD: 18.500” | 18.500”
    Cut ID: 16.750” | 16.750”
    Mounting depth: 9.750” * | 9.750” *
    Displacement: 0.26cuft * | 0.26cuf

where it says "*1000w RMS" thats there to safely play them, the owner actually says if your electrical is up to par and and your power is clean, they will tae 1700-2000w rms all day long. im going to be giving them about 1700w each

outsider is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

That's a lot of bass! I have two kicker 15's in my 87...nothing special and I'm powering them with i believe a 1500 W amp (been a while...i forget exactly)
    When we installed them my friend said that I really should have got 2 of those 1500 W amps because each one of my subs can handle that much, apparently. For me, it's a lot of bass and I barely crank it up past like 3 in the bass settings on my radio. lol.

pcm

if i had the room i would've ported mine. i'm sure you'll have no trouble knocking pictures off the walls

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

This needs more bump.

See what I did there?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.